Adding delay to macros

Is there mouse or keyboard technology right now that enables you to do that thing? can i add delay to a specific macro? is it possible for example to add enough delay so that my click will happen after the gcd is over?

Short answer: Not without breaking the EULA.
    Part of the multi legendary crowd. Resto Drood from Silvermoon-EU Nesandur

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Is there mouse or keyboard technology right now that enables you to do that thing? can i add delay to a specific macro? is it possible for example to add enough delay so that my click will happen after the gcd is over?
    Yes, and is bannable. Yes, and is bannable. Yes, and will get you banned instantly.

It is against the terms of the EULA.
    One physical hardware action should mean one received by the game without delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Not sure it is feasible but you might be able to make a macro that casts whatever spell that has the CD first then follow it up by a number of casts of other spells that equates to the CD duration before the macro cycles back to the that first cast again.

Then bind that macro to a key press and spam that key.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    Not sure it is feasible but you might be able to make a macro that casts whatever spell that has the CD first then follow it up by a number of casts of other spells that equates to the CD duration before the macro cycles back to the that first cast again.

Then bind that macro to a key press and spam that key.
    A cast sequence allows some of that.

/castsequence ability1, ability2, ability2, ability3

for example.
    That will with subsequent presses cast the given abilities in that sequence.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are currently not allowed to automate your key presses in any way. You can build macros and addons that do similar things but they still have to follow the same rule of 1 action per keypress. And the API is designed to not allow decision making information.

The Addon that does attempt a rotation, Gnomesequencer only does the same thing that you could do with simple keyboard macros. It presses a key if that key fails it goes to the next macro. None, of this is any different then you could do with rolling bar macros.

You could code a delay in your addon to not allow a button to be pushed except every 1.5 seconds. But, this would be a terribly inefficient thing to code as the system is designed with with a queuing in mind. So, if you press a key after you press one it queues up the next action. There is a built in delay on queuing, but I am not quite sure what it's set at or how to change the queuing delay.

You can do all those things with a macro-enabled keyboard, Logitech makes a bunch of them called the "G-series". While this is technically automation and thus a bannable offense, there is no way for them to tell you're doing it and nobody has ever been banned for keyboard macros.

Nobody has ever been banned for software macros either, like autohotkey, but I personally wouldn't chance it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You can do all those things with a macro-enabled keyboard, Logitech makes a bunch of them called the "G-series". While this is technically automation and thus a bannable offense, there is no way for them to tell you're doing it and nobody has ever been banned for keyboard macros.

Nobody has ever been banned for software macros either, like autohotkey, but I personally wouldn't chance it.
    We don't know that people have not.
    I seem to recall one streamer actually doing similar to provide what is now able to be macro'd for reticle spells, and them receiving a suspension or at least a warning for it.
    Might have been Swifty with a one-button press Heroic Leap.

The best, and only advice we can give is don't do it.

The only acceptable external solution is a straight remapping.
    Pressing one key and the game and other applications receive it as another, a one-to-one translation of hardware inputs.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-10-31 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The best, and only advice we can give is don't do it.
    I don't actually do this, but I would feel safe using a hardware macro myself, and feel comfortable recommending it to others. Of course YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I don't actually do this, but I would feel safe using a hardware macro myself, and feel comfortable recommending it to others. Of course YMMV.
    It is against the terms.
    Simple as that.

I cannot in good conscience recommend that to anyone.
    And if you insist on doing so, you should also be making that bit clear.
    Let people make their decision with the full facts.
    At least then it is out of your hands should it backfire.

I did make that clear-- read my post.

Deleted
    On this topic, can I do a macro that casts a spell always and casts another spell once each X seconds?
    It's for the kara ring.

Nope, cannot be done in-game. I don't believe logitech hardware can do it either. You would need real automation, and that they probably would ban.

Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    On this topic, can I do a macro that casts a spell always and casts another spell once each X seconds?
    It's for the kara ring.
    No.
    Best solution would be some in-game tracking of cooldowns.
    There are plenty of ways to approach that.