Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    If dude is touching underage girls on the tram without their consent, excuse me for thinking he's probably done a lot worse at some point in his life being 36 years of age.
    And there's your problem, you just threw assumption into the whole thing. So glad you aren't a cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you saying he's not a creep? Because if you're not, I really don't care because, like two other posters I have mercilessly reamed, you are arguing semantics. Pointless.

Child molesters and rapists belong in the same camp. Concentration camps. You don't just wake up one day and decide you want to start touching kids.

This is what we call assault now?

(Sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Despite your ham-fisted attempt to troll my point still sands: the OP thinks this guy has done worse, just imagine what little Donny Dump has done considering he has admitted to sexual assault on tape in his own words.

Hopefully the Republican candidate for President of the United States doesn't rape anyone else. Welcome to 2016.
    Thread's got nothing to do with Trump. Please stop dragging it off topic.

http://elitedaily.com/social-news/he...video/1675288/

it's sad to see someone do such a good thing, then turn around and try to make cops look bad for just doing their job by trying to make it about him being black. He assaulted someone. He got arrested for it... He was released and wasn't charged... They even told him he was a hero... He wasn't mistreated or shot... He was held just long enough for questioning and to get a statement.

but The Man still has him and all of his bretheren down somehow.

Like... seriously? Do people really think cops don't have an obligation or any responsibility to do their jobs? rofl

you can see the video of this footage here:
    https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/791877795290845185
    Dude, you posted a feel good story. Why all the hate and bitching? I wanted to commend you to posting this, but geez, you gotta dial the drama queen in you down a notch.

The police doesn't know what's happening. It's common procedure among police all over the world to control everyone at the scene before they figure out what happened. As you can see, it later got resolved and they shook that dude's hand out of respect. Don't ruin the story with your own shite agenda, man.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Don't you think the title's just a tint bit inflammatory? When I first read the title I assumed the girl was much younger than 15. Obviously this doesn't make it any better, but I'm more inclined to see the guy as a perverted fuck rather than some sick pedophile that preys on young children.

I don't think the other guy should have been arrested for trying to help that girl, obviously there was no consent involved between her and that pervert and I at least commend the man for speaking up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Dude, you posted a feel good story. Why all the hate and bitching?
    Well you know, thats pretty much how i felt when i read the article until i watched the video.

dude does a really great thing - i really do not want to downplay this fact and I certainly applaud him for doing it... but wants to make being arrested for all of probably like maybe 2 whole hours (you can see it is daylight on the bus but when he is released the sun is setting), about him being black. he complains black men can be arrested for being in the wrong even when they are in the right.

like dude my man you assaulted someone and the cops showed up and it was all he did this and they said that. like lol do people think cops don't have a job to do? they held him just long enough for a statement and questioning. The cops were just doing their jobs ffs and he wants to turn around and bitch about it like he was manhandled or someone got shot that wasn't supposed to be.

I'm tired of the pointless anti-police sentiment in this country. I mean yeah, go ahead and get fired up about a shooting you think may have been unjust. But these cops here are just doing their job and this man wants to complain they were only doing their jobs because he was black. They gave him a pat on the back and saluted him. then complains they were doing their jobs.

its like dude make up your mind... do cops shoot people because they're black or do they do their jobs the way they are supposed to because you're black?

second, if you're referring to arguments i've been in throughout the thread; i really have no tolerance for people who try to twist and contort my thoughts and opinions, but even less to those who do this to argue semantics.

If you are going to take a post or a part of a post out of context that is like 5 words long and start posting about it, you're probably not discussing the subject material - you are nitpicking semantics. And these people, in particular, just do not shut up until you corner them and they have no choice other than to be wrong and shut up or be wrong and think or pretend they are still right because they just want to argue until their opposition concedes (for any reason) for the sake of feeling like they have won something.

Someone asked me earlier what the point of this thread was, and I guess if I had to say, it's my issue with race based narratives in journalism and how black americans feel about racism and police conduct.

Don't you think the title's just a tint bit inflammatory?
    nope
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2016-10-30 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I"m glad he stopped the pervert. Whether the cops cuffed him or not he should feel good that he did the right thing. That being said I do understand why the cops cuffed him too. It was basically he said/ she said at that point.
    *nods*
    Police have to follow procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    How is it a good thing to assault people? That seems like what they do in the middle east.
    And punishing a woman for defending herself against a rapist like what they did in Denmark...is what exactly?

15 year old girl should have told them she was being touched. Would have prevented all of this. Girls the problem here. Should have spoke up.

You are allowed to intervene when another is in danger, since the police can not magically teleport to everywhere a crime is happening. It falls under self defense. The police are allowed to detain until they have an understanding as to what occurred. These are not hard concepts to understand.

Well, the guy doing the molesting was arrested, and he was being charged, while the guy defending the girl is now being seen as a hero.

..moving on.

The police came on a scene with one guy hovering over and threatening another. They did exactly the right thing - defuse the situation and control the apparently active suspect, and determine what happened.

When they'd confirmed the "assault" was justified they let him go with their thanks.

There is no issue here. Dude may have something to complain about with the general atmosphere, but not with how he was treated in this case.

Deleted
    Law is the Law. He should have taken the molester on a videotape and call the cops.

Pretty sure they released the guy shortly after cuffing him.

Deleted
    Wasn't he just detained tho? That's far from being arrested.
    You're overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    15 year old girl should have told them she was being touched. Would have prevented all of this. Girls the problem here. Should have spoke up.

I didn't think my opinion of General Off Topic could get any lower, then I read this thread.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Don't need to break a law in order to do the right thing, so while it's commendable to do the right thing just do it the right way next time. True that doesn't account the understandable anger people do have towards such criminals, but then that's why the law is meant to be unbiased. Detain both, sort out the facts and punish them for the respective transgressions. The worst this type of assault would've gone for would most likely be aggravated assault though as there doesn't seem to have been any real injury the police were well within their rights to just let him go afterwards. Molester, well that's a whole different kettle of fish.. at the bare minimum would involve registering as a sex offender. Prison time as well, depending on how far the DA feels they could push for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I didn't think my opinion of General Off Topic could get any lower, then I read this thread.
    yeah a lot goes on when the police show up... it takes like half an hour of my day just to get a speeding ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    Don't need to break a law in order to do the right thing, so while it's commendable to do the right thing just do it the right way next time.
    I disagree; the guy did everything he should have. If I was him and had to do it over again, I'd have done it the same thing. Maybe a little worse.

When people think of victims of sexual assault, they are the only people they think about. No one stops to think about who was around them and how that person feels. Well, except for when they want to blame them.

To know you could have done something different and that it never would have happened. Something so fucking simple. You could have paid more attention to them, you could have just taken them home, you could have risked getting a DUI instead.

Everyone just thinks your life is like skipping through a field of daisies. That, just because you weren't the one who was assaulted, the world is your fucking oyster and your mouth is full of them. That, because you can put up a comfortable front in the face of others with that person, that you are just living it up and having the time of your life.

The truth is that you'd give anything to change it, but it's just not good enough. And it never will be. People look at you like you didn't even want to try to do something about it. They talk behind your back and treat you differently. They don't understand. They don't want to understand. It wasn't supposed to happen. You'd have never imagined it.

Having an intimate relationship with that kind of pain, I'd gladly take matters into my own hands before waiting for law enforcement to show up. Anything would have been worth it's prevention.

It's a simple truth that cops aren't always going to be there. You can't depend on them for everything.

yeah a lot goes on when the police show up... it takes like half an hour of my day just to get a speeding ticket

I disagree; the guy did everything he should have. If I was him and had to do it over again, I'd have done it the same thing. Maybe a little worse.

When people think of victims of sexual assault, they are the only people they think about. No one stops to think about who was around them and how that person feels. Well, except for when they want to blame them.

To know you could have done something different and that it never would have happened. Something so fucking simple. You could have paid more attention to them, you could have just taken them home, you could have risked getting a DUI instead.

Everyone just thinks your life is like skipping through a field of daisies. That, just because you weren't the one who was assaulted, the world is your fucking oyster and your mouth is full of them. That, because you can put up a comfortable front in the face of others with that person, that you are just living it up and having the time of your life.

The truth is that you'd give anything to change it, but it's just not good enough. And it never will be. People look at you like you didn't even want to try to do something about it. They talk behind your back and treat you differently. They don't understand. They don't want to understand. It wasn't supposed to happen. You'd have never imagined it.

Having an intimate relationship with that kind of pain, I'd gladly take matters into my own hands before waiting for law enforcement to show up. Anything would have been worth it's prevention.

It's a simple truth that cops aren't always going to be there. You can't depend on them for everything.
    Simple truth is, break a law, then expect to be punished by the law. Yes there are always mitigating circumstances, and yes I do agree that the man was right to act. I don't agree that he somehow feel's victimized by the police for doing their job, assault is a crime just as much as sexual assault is. Thus the police are obligated to investigate and prosecute if needs be the allegation of assault even if it is to protect another.
    Thing is, I didn't say not to act, but to act in a manner that keeps one on the right side of the law. No matter how tempting it is to inflict some of one's own brand of justice can be, and that's quite a temptation when all is said and done. Trust me, I know that temptation quite well, probably too well for my liking but that's the joys of life. I don't act on them though, as what would that achieve? Give myself a criminal record for little more than some gratification from 'punishing' someone, they may very well come away with a lesser punishment than I would for doing so. I rather be thanked by the police, and allowed to go my own way, saves a lot of drama later.
    Not that I haven't had to bodily throw someone to the ground to achieve an outcome where a person was no longer able to harm another, but that's also the joys of life. Mitigating circumstances brought on by the actions of the other person to escalate one's own response.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    How is it a good thing to assault people? That seems like what they do in the middle east.
    Cracking the skull of a child predator wide open is a fucking great thing, friend.

And your Middle Eastern analogy doesn't hold much water considering child sex is acceptable in most areas of that region.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN