Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Start petition and present case to blizzard to bringt back enemyGrid

Hey everyone,

For a long time I used to play a feral cat but in this addon I started playing a warlock. First I started to play affliction (dots) but realized I had to put waaaaaay more effort in doing dps than when I played my enh shaman or monk alt. Yeah, lowlvl alt did more dps than main wl. I switched to destro, and it was ok. I am not afraid of a "hard" rotation or maintaining dots, but I am scared to death by dumb play style mechanics and a suboptimal UI.

When fighting a group of adds (3-5):
    + first I started with manually selecting each add and that makes noooo fun at all. Try to do that with mythic 10+ when hell breaks loose and you want to bringt the same dps as a monk, mage or any other class...
    + then I started random tab-targeting and it was a JOKE. srsly??? Who bases his playstyle on randomly selecting adds that are "somewhere" in front of you? Try that in mythic 10+
    + finally I found enemyGrid. It made sense and fun. Blizzard was triggered and they took it away.

I would rather stop playing a dot class than be forced to pay 90% of my attention to target moving nameplates and trying desperately to maintain dots.

I can understand that it should not be allowed in PvP.

Someone needs to start a petition or present our case to blizzard. It needs to be organized. Blizzard should provide its own grid or allow "enemyGrid" for 5 player dungeons and raids.

petitions dont do anything.

An addon to target mobs without actually targetting them or their nameplate is a pretty sad crutch for bad players. It shouldn't have ever been allowed and was never used until recently. No one needed it in Siege when Aff locks had to swap their dots every 2 seconds to a new mob for max dps.

Blizzard wasn't triggered they most likely(as I do) see it as a thing that shouldn't have existed. Just like AVR back in ICC and to some extent certain radar addons(I personally think the good ole /range X should still exist but they could just not make mechanics so restrictive to needing an addon anyway so its w/e tbh).

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    petitions dont do anything.
    Because I signed it as Ken Bone 431382 times

Deleted
    We should also petition Blizzard so they can auto cast spells for you... You just hover the mouse on the Enemy Grid thingy and voila, everything is dotted!

Just accept that this add-on was completely overpowered and it's obvious why Blizzard shut it down and move on. You are supposed to play the game and not have some add-on to play it for you.

Deleted
    I don't think it was overpowered, you're not getting a power benefit from having this addon - rather an improved presentation of information already available (sounds similar to weakauras)
    It's true that Blizzard's default UI is absolutely horrible for DoT management and almost everybody who has to actively watch a DoT is tracking it somehow (weakauras typically), and multi-dotting is just even more of a mess, for me the nameplates barely ever fit on my screen because they are pushed so high up due to every enemy taking steroids. I support the idea of integrating a feature like this, can't see why anybody would oppose it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    An addon to target mobs without actually targetting them or their nameplate is a pretty sad crutch for bad players.
    Has nothing to do with "being good".
    Targeting always has been a mess in WoW and tab targeting... well lets just say it has a logic of it's own that cannot be understood by human beings.

I don't see what's so bad about providing a simple list with enemies currently in combat.

Petitions full of "me too" replies are pointless.
    As I said before, actually bring up constructive discussion.
    But it seems the popular thing is instead to whine, and we wonder why so much "feedback" gets ignored.
    There is constructive feedback, and then there is the rest which makes up the majority.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

How can anyone prefer random tab-targeting or trying to target 1 out of 7 nameplates (where like 5 are overlapping each other) over a "information display" that makes sense?? This is not rocket science... healers in WoW and in general other games have it too.

Random tab-targeting is fine if you are leveling and there are like 2 bears in front of you. Do you think you should use the same tools also for hectic and very unforgiving fights in mythic+ dungeons?? Different situations demand different solutions.

#allowEnemyGridInDungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    An addon to target mobs without actually targetting them or their nameplate is a pretty sad crutch for bad players. It shouldn't have ever been allowed and was never used until recently. No one needed it in Siege when Aff locks had to swap their dots every 2 seconds to a new mob for max dps.
    Enemy Grid was an improvement to an absolute crap UI... regression is bad, else WoW wouldn't have made any updates to its default UI over the years after adopting various addons. Instead of Blizz embracing this improvement they've gone and made it completely worse than before...

People saying it's a "skill" to manage so many targets, no it's not... it's just a bloody tedium that many just cba doing after awhile on swarms of trash.

Tedium =/= Good...

Plus your excuse is rather hypocritical because healers do just that, with raid frames...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-10-31 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    (where like 5 are overlapping each other)
    You can know you can set them to not overlap, right?

As for enemygrid functionality, it was clearly unintended, as it had been something Blizzard worked to prevent for most of the game's life. When enemygrid and similar addons founds solutions to those restrictions and became popular, Blizzard broke them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post

As for enemygrid functionality, it was clearly unintended, as it had been something Blizzard worked to prevent for most of the game's life. When enemygrid and similar addons founds solutions to those restrictions and became popular, Blizzard broke them.
    Please show us this mythic setting. Because it does not exist.

Nameplates will somewhat stack until it hits the top of the screen (or what upper limit you set) and then still stack like crazy

And no Enemygrid did not find solutions to restrictions. It never existed before Blizzard enabled the interaction in 7.0
    What did they expect players would use it for?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    How about, no?

Blizzard technically didn't remove it, but broke it by updating their code.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post

Indeed, but now some defense is, as I saw, that then there shouldn't be for the party/raid either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Please show us this mythic setting. Because it does not exist.
    Code:
    /run SetCVar("nameplateMotion", 1) -- 1 doesn't allow nameplates to overlap
    /run SetCVar("nameplateOverlapV", number) -- Y offset
    /run SetCVar("nameplateOverlapH", number) -- X offset
    /run SetCVar("nameplateMotionSpeed", number) -- [0.0 - 1.0]

Just because you don't know how to use something, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Indeed, but now some defense is, as I saw, that then there shouldn't be for the party/raid either.
    People aren't smart
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-10-31 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Code:
    /run SetCVar("nameplateMotion", 1) -- 1 doesn't allow nameplates to overlap
    /run SetCVar("nameplateOverlapV", number)
    /run SetCVar("nameplateOverlapH", number)
    /run SetCVar("nameplateMotionSpeed", number) -- [0.0 - 1.0]

Just because you don't know how to use something, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
    I am well aware of them, thank you.

No they do not work good enough.

On a small number of mobs it is sufficient. When dealing with more then 5-6 it is utterly insufficient. Nameplates that hit the upper edge of the screen will still overlap. Mobs standing behind one another cause issues where mousing over one nameplate targets a different model in front of it.

As a shadowpriest I do not have time to fight with the UI to target the correct mob when I have a gcd of 0.7 seconds and need every cast to be correct or lose massive dps.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Didn't blizzard just break the part of you casting spells on the nameplates of it? or did they break something else? Yeah the casting part was useful but it basically meant as a Spriest you needed this addon which shouldn't be the case that you need an addon to do it good

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    that you need an addon to do it good
    So, it's ok to do bad without an addon...

There is no excuse for being forced to chase moving nameplates to do reasonable dps, unless you play a "target 1 add and do automatically AE dps" class or are some crazy lunatic, who thinks that chasing nameplates = skill. How about other players(classes) that are not forced to chase moving nameplates like crazy? Do they have no skill?

It is not like dot classes are op in 5man dungeons and they needed a hardcore nerf and an extra stone in the player's shoe.

btw, you can prove us wrong by providing a screenshot with 5-7 adds where the positioning of nameplates makes sense.

Learn to use nameplates, set legion targeting CVAR to Pre-legion, not even sure why people have problems.

Because you do not listen (ignorant). This is not a valid argument to learn something that is obviously broken. The game should not use the same style of presenting the information when you are killing boars with lvl 6 and doing m+ dungeons. Different situations require different solutions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Learn to use nameplates, set legion targeting CVAR to Pre-legion, not even sure why people have problems.
    Could you explain how to do this and what this is changing exactly?