demono switch on adds xavius

Hey guys,

I have a guildie who do 0 switch on the horrors on P2 on xavius and when i ask him to try and do at least one third or one fourth of what i'm doing on them even if it means he will have less dps on the boss, he tells me that it's not even an option for his spec. I don't know his spec so i'm worried about the fact that I might be asking him to do something impossible so i wanted to confirms with good warlocks like you guys .

So in the case where the raid really have a problem with the adds on P2, is there really nothing a demono can do to do damage to them ? and if there is, what is the best way to dps them ? Is it doable on wisp on cenarius too ?

here are logs if it can help warcraftlogs.com/reports/g6WJDNmrhGfLwzRQ#fight=9&type=summary

another question. Who's doing the right thing in this situation ? the warlock using is personal CD to slack on avoidables damage (nyth's breath, worms, cenarius stacks ect..) and do maximum damage he can do without moving or the one following the strat in his whole and using them on unavoidable damages so he is less a burden to the healers ?

I'm asking this because our mate always makes us feel like his spec is so bad at doing other things that standing still and dpsing the boss that we should always make an exception for him like the breath on nyth, or the dps on other targets than the boss.

If there is some tips to move better or some setup so he can still do something when he predict he will have to move. Please tell me so i can tell him and help him improve.

Thank you very much in advance
    Last edited by Schrokinder; 2016-10-30 at 12:05 PM.

I am not a demo expert but tbh, even when I am destro and have havoc at all times on boss, I have to find an add that no melees are close to if I even want to hope to get a chaos bolt on them. The only thing that does decent dmg is conflag because its instant. But then again I only do heroic ^^
    As for demo, I can't think of anything that does instant dmg on enemies. My imps/dreadstalkers would have to switch after a few seconds on the add I would be attacking, but the add would be dead, and the summoned demons will take again that much time to switch to another target. Doom is 15 seconds to tick or something. Shadow bolt is a small filler spell with a cast time, its like me using incinerate on them, only incinerate would at least be able to be used on two targets. Hand of gul'dan feels like a waste to use unless there are 2-3 adds together.
    Maybe a better demo lock can explain further and expand on my points or fix them.

Deleted
    There is a difference on mythic EN. You HAVE to move out of Nythendras avoidable damage. Or you will be mind controlled.

So he have to realize moving is needed at least then.

This is my last heroic nythendra kill, I think.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

If you switch to the problems part, you can see I am the lowest in avoidable damage. Not sure if that is due to demon skin that shields me for some, but I'm pretty good at avoiding too.

On our mythics it is different because sometimes you force damage to get more stacks and be mind controlled when it is best.

So it is very possible for him to move, avoid damage and dps. It is not easy. It is one of the most annoying classes for it. But if you use the movement to life tap, dot and play smart, it is a great fight for you. Predictable, avoidable damage.

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=2

this is my log for this weeks xavius. I run the dankglare for the fight just so the adds die real nice and easy. and cant be arsed to switch from xavius/dragons spec. respec tomes cost moneys.

tell yer demo lock to learn how to multidoom (aka learn to play ) the adds asap so the doom has time to deal dmg on them aswell as have the dankglare go ham on them.

Deleted
    But really, as demonology you can easily switch to Xavius little mate. And even to the smaller ones, it doesn't have to hurt that much. But for destro it is a lot easier.

If your lock only dps Xavius, he is too lazy and self dps centered.

thanks you for your informations and your help ! He now have some great logs to look up to for xavius and for his movements.

I tried to hit the training dummy a few time to have a better idea of his rotation but i'm not even close to be able to give him advice so i will ask you this before talking to him about it. If you stack your 5 five shards just before the adds and then spend them on the adds, won't the adds you summons hit this add effectively and the switch to others with you or is it to slow even if the shards are ready ?

I also see you both plays with demonics calling as your lvl15 talent and he is using shadowy inspiration. Should I talk to him about this or are theres equivalents in this tier ?

Deleted
    Stacking shards doesn't mean instant damage, as we mainly rely on our demons which is a steady dps, not burst.
    So unless it aligns for our thakiels consumption, then mobs need to be up for 20+ seconds and preferably more (I made that number up), because with cast time and 12 sec up time for them, it is the duration of that which makes the damage (and the 15 or so sec doom).

The smaller adds coming from all sides are not our strength to focus but it is doable.

Demonic Calling is important to get a 3 impact larger thakiels off. Since you can have the proc of that ready and 4 shards and the get both off, empower, get 4 new and still have time left for empower and thakiels. That is without any long cooldowns.

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked, and on the main add that appears 2 times he is doing fine in dps, so that's at least good the smaller ones are harder but it shouldn't be a problem. But if you have enough dps, then I can understand that part...

Not the nythendra though And it is doable if you need more dps on the small adds

Deleted
    Not everyone has to switch as long as the adds are dying, you should have, for exemple, hunters to deal with adds in p2 Xavius, and yeah it's awfull for a demono to deal with those or whisps ^^