Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It would be nice if moderators just squashed these threads because they are stupid, spread misinformation and just hurt the community overall. This shit creates negative stigmas on classes and some people really are stupid enough to look at these charts and say "XXX class sucks don't bring them". There are definitely classes and specs that have issues, but in reality there are very few of them.

Reposting the Reddit thread that was posted earlier so people can read something with some intelligence behind it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...warcraft_logs/

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    He used data from "all bosses". This is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    He used data from "all bosses". This is useless.
    That is incorrect.

The normalized results in WCL work exactly like the old raidbots spec score. The purpose of this is to minimize impact from a fight where one spec does particularly well (or poorly), like Fire Mages on fights with crit buffs like Alysrazor, or very AE-heavy fights for specs with very strong AE like DHs.

More detail here.

https://seriallos.wordpress.com/2011...-does-it-work/

Not a bad post per se too bad it basically starts off with a line I can't agree with. Sure the very top parses are fueled by rng but just below there especially at this point into the tier you still often enough just see optimal pulls. Over time they will be replaced more and more obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    I have an idea: Blizz should not report any damage numbers in logs, and we have a healthy, non-progress-oriented, SAFE place where we can play together in peace!
    I'd take bets that's what they would have done if wow was released in the past ~3 years.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-10-31 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That is incorrect.

The normalized results in WCL work exactly like the old raidbots spec score. The purpose of this is to minimize impact from a fight where one spec does particularly well (or poorly), like Fire Mages on fights with crit buffs like Alysrazor, or very AE-heavy fights for specs with very strong AE like DHs.

More detail here.

https://seriallos.wordpress.com/2011...-does-it-work/
    It's absolutely 100% correct. He's using aggregate DPS data and it's still skewed. It even says so in your link:

"Spec Score is my attempt to create a number that more accurately compares specs across all fights in a tier of content. "

"Spec Score should help comparing spec performance across very different fights since the DPS levels are normalized somewhat. Overall DPS has the problem of skewing results way too much when there’s an AOE or damage-multiplier fight (see Halfus). I’ve also included one special view that excludes Halfus for you diehard adjusted fans out there."

So again. This data is useless if you want to tell the entire story you need to do this for each boss. Why would you aggregate and skew the data when you don't have to?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    So again. This data is useless if you want to tell the entire story you need to do this for each boss. Why would you aggregate and skew the data when you don't have to?
    No. The data isn't useless-- it is the best way to provide a simple ranking of an entire raid tier.

You're correct in that it isn't as indicative as looking at rankings for each boss individually. Totally right. But that doesn't make it useless, just less indicative.