Deleted

Computer building advice

Hi guys. It has come to that time again and I need to replace my pc. My old pc was an old dell xps that I bought out of pc world back when I was first getting into gaming on the pc and I didn't really know what to look for.

I was discussing it with a friend and he recommended that I try and build my own pic as it's usually cheaper.

Problem is I haven't built a pc before, so I am after some advice. Is it straightforward?

I have a budget of around £1000-1200. I would like to be able to play most modern of games at ultra level. I don't really make videos but may do if I have a decent rig. The graphics card I was looking at was the 1070gtx.

What I really need is a shopping list of parts and a description of what each part does and what stat to look for. I am really keen to do this and learn more about pc building.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and give me some advice? Any help would be much appreciated.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£220.00 @ Novatech)
    CPU Cooler: Enermax Liqmax II 240 96.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£60.87 @ Amazon UK)
    Motherboard: MSI Z170A SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£98.99 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (£68.97 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£142.80 @ Novatech)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£41.99 @ Novatech)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card (£394.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case (£63.48 @ CCL Computers)
    Power Supply: XFX XTR 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£96.20 @ More Computers)
    Total: £1188.28
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-31 09:23 GMT+0000

How to build a PC:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2dJvqU2_x4

If you are curious what a part does just google it, thats the best way really.

One note, i usually suggest air coolers but that enermax liquid cooler is on a great sale and pairs really well with the layout of the nxxt case.

Here you go: How to build a PCc

Edit: I just re-read your post. You need parts advice and not building advice.
    Last edited by jegerlee; 2016-10-31 at 09:42 AM. Reason: info
    Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

Moved to Computer Build / Upgrade Help.

Deleted
    Would i be right in saying if i wanted a different case as long as its an atx case i should be ok? Oh and thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by tommiiguns View Post
    Would i be right in saying if i wanted a different case as long as its an atx case i should be ok? Oh and thanks for the advice
    Yup as long as it accepts a atx motherboard. s340 comes in black as well, if you went with a different case you may or may not want to change the CPU cooler as well some dont support a 240mm radiator.