Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    @pies1 Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. There are 2 reasons it takes longer to run on AMR.

1. Accuracy: we're looking at 1000s of data points for each stat (instead of just 2 like SimC does, which is one of the reasons those weights can be so volatile).
    2. Trinkets / Items with procs: we simulate every item with a proc when you run a 'gearing strategy.' Since procs don't rank well (or at all, really) with stat weights, this is an important piece of information needed to rank gear. So that setup is running every item with a proc so that they all get ranked directly from simulations

You can increase speed if you increase (or is it decrease?) the margin of error to be a bit larger. We also have a few ideas to tap into more computing power for future features. Basically, the gearing strat we do is super thorough, so it takes a bit longer. But totally worth it so you get the best gear rankings
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Is there any way to reduce to the amount of runs the sim does (default is 1300 if memory serves)?

Deleted
    Just because Sims tell you that this particular spec does more simmed dps, does not mean YOU will perform better with it. I think AP is a lot easier to play and I have slightly higher dps with it, albeit less burst. I'm worse when it comes to Exsanguinate and pull a little less dps, but I still prefer it because I love the gameplay.

I'd also like to point out that these "weird" stat weights show what specific stat gives you the biggest dps increase with your current gear, and is not a factor on which you should change everything in to (for example) mastery>vers>crit>haste. It just means that at your particular stat level, mastery gives the most compared to the other three.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
    Just because Sims tell you that this particular spec does more simmed dps, does not mean YOU will perform better with it. I think AP is a lot easier to play and I have slightly higher dps with it, albeit less burst. I'm worse when it comes to Exsanguinate and pull a little less dps, but I still prefer it because I love the gameplay.

I'd also like to point out that these "weird" stat weights show what specific stat gives you the biggest dps increase with your current gear, and is not a factor on which you should change everything in to (for example) mastery>vers>crit>haste. It just means that at your particular stat level, mastery gives the most compared to the other three.
    Oh, I get that. It's just such a departure from what my previous weights were and I've not changed my gear that much. Crit being the third stat just seems like there's something off, that's all.

I should check AMR. See what that throws out.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea