Thread: 7.1 Hotfixes

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20750164829

So, they're addressing the most problematic specs (WW, Frost DK, Destro Lock) and also buffing specs that were lacking a lot (Arms, Ele)

Hotfixes came out fairly fast, just wondering if the nerfs will be enough to stop the shitfest that is currently arena gameplay.
    Great info mate, thx for posting it here! When will those hotfixes go live?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Great info mate, thx for posting it here! When will those hotfixes go live?
    Next maintenance

In order to make Chaos bolt worth casting, they are nerfing shadowburn. Blizzard logic.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    In order to make Chaos bolt worth casting, they are nerfing shadowburn. Blizzard logic.
    Can you please clarify ? for those of us who dont play locks

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Can you please clarify ? for those of us who dont play locks
    as a destro lock theres 2 soul shard spender you can use.chaos bolt (2 soul shard with cast time) or shadowburn (1 soul shard with insant).so if you know you wont gonna cast chaos bolt alot you just spec into shadowburn and use it instead of chaos bolt.they nerfed both of them just incase someone returns to shadowburn spec.

Deleted
    they are nerfing destro spec to the point that it was stronger pre 7.1. when you actually had cremation and firestone and had 10 desto locks in top 5000.

Not bad. Let's wait a week or so to see what the effect is (but it looks like it should have been good).

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Not much opinion on Shaman and Hunter changes. Don't think DH needed any more agility, they're already pretty strong.
    You realize there are only 4 DH's over 2200 (with one of them being unused since Throw Glaive was nerfed). That's a significant issue...

Deleted
    no fixes for ferals? Eh...they never comment on ferals, or druids...even after huge nerfs, half of them stealth nerfs...blah

Quote Originally Posted by Drukqs View Post
    as a destro lock theres 2 soul shard spender you can use.chaos bolt (2 soul shard with cast time) or shadowburn (1 soul shard with insant).so if you know you wont gonna cast chaos bolt alot you just spec into shadowburn and use it instead of chaos bolt.they nerfed both of them just incase someone returns to shadowburn spec.
    thank you for explaining this to me =) now it makes sense, cheers !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nergala View Post
    You realize there are only 4 DH's over 2200 (with one of them being unused since Throw Glaive was nerfed). That's a significant issue...
    yep so much this ^. Blizzard needs to improve DH's ST dmg, through pvp talents, while leaving aoe where it is now.

Minimal nerf to Windwalker considering it'll still kill people in 3-4 seconds (I play one, I know what they're like) Survival buff could be a bit better, but 15% stamina i'll take it.

The only nerf/buff I'm not seeing is Enhance, it's a little too strong on the burst side and could use a similar nerf to WW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    no fixes for ferals? Eh...they never comment on ferals, or druids...even after huge nerfs, half of them stealth nerfs...blah
    What's wrong with Ferals? They have good representation.

I would have liked to see some change for Outlaw and Subtlety. It's possible they are balanced where Blizzard wants them but I think they need to nerf a lot more classes before they become a contender in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    The only nerf/buff I'm not seeing is Enhance, it's a little too strong on the burst side and could use a similar nerf to WW.
    but....everyones apparently switching to ele after the agi +ss nerf

Quote Originally Posted by keishton View Post
    but....everyones apparently switching to ele after the agi +ss nerf
    Those nerfs won't stop Enhance, nor will they stop Windwalker. Elemental is a lot better now, but it still has the mobility of a statue.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    What needs fixing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    lol "buffing specs that were lacking a lot (arms)" you mean defensive right? certainly not damage i just had an arms warrior in a bg hit me for 70% of my health with 1 attack....oh it is damage. yeah they still dont know how to balance.
    Berserker Damage (30% from BGs, that pick up item), Sharpen Blade, 3 stacks of FR. That's all I can think about. So that's my answer.

Also, Warriors should be the most feared in 1 on 1 in close quarter combat. We lack range and our charges are short (excluding Heroic Leap). Our Hamstring is on GCD now as well. Uh what else can I think about?

Honestly I'm glad to see some buffs to Warriors in PvP. In fact, I don't want to ever go back to WotLK. That's one of the worst expansions for Warriors in PvP.

Though i could very well be mistaken i`ve seen exceptionally few changes to holy priests for PvP, are they considered balanced for PvP settings?
    I`m really glad to see them offer more power to elemental shamans, great spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Minimal nerf to Windwalker considering it'll still kill people in 3-4 seconds (I play one, I know what they're like) Survival buff could be a bit better, but 15% stamina i'll take it.

Enhance got nerfed twice recently. 15% nerf to Stormstrike their main burst spell and 10% reduced agility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Though i could very well be mistaken i`ve seen exceptionally few changes to holy priests for PvP, are they considered balanced for PvP settings?
    I`m really glad to see them offer more power to elemental shamans, great spec.
    Holy is nonexistent on the ladder. Not what you would consider balanced. (Disc is also bottom of healers)