Report: Disgruntled Employee Criticises 2K For Interfering With Development & Ruining

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/n...ng-Titles.html

Report: Disgruntled Employee Criticises 2K For Interfering With Development & Ruining Titles
    A blog post from a supposed ex-employee at Irrational Software could have shed some light on the goings-on behind closed doors at 2K.

A story from an alleged ex-Irrational Games staffer claims that 2K made a whole load of questionable choices that lead to the closure of 2K Australia, and the removal of creative control from certain studios in order to work on IPs that 2K designed themselves.

According to this post, it all began with The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - a concept pushed hard by 2K but when the sales came back in a bad shape, it was 2K Marin that had to close as a result.

2K Australia was the next on the chopping block, being shut down after Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel didn't live up to the standards set by its predecessors.
    A blog post from a supposed ex-employee at Irrational Software could have shed some light on the goings-on behind closed doors at 2K.

A story from an alleged ex-Irrational Games staffer claims that 2K made a whole load of questionable choices that lead to the closure of 2K Australia, and the removal of creative control from certain studios in order to work on IPs that 2K designed themselves.

According to this post, it all began with The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - a concept pushed hard by 2K but when the sales came back in a bad shape, it was 2K Marin that had to close as a result.

2K Australia was the next on the chopping block, being shut down after Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel didn't live up to the standards set by its predecessors.
    This should all be taken with a pinch of salt, however: Bioshock Infinite’s level designer Steve Lee has tweeted “Discussion and observations among many ex-Irrationals indicate this is very very likely to be fake, fyi" and there's a lot of online commentary that seems to agree with this consensus.

Duke Nukem creator George Broussard shared the post on Twitter account, too, saying, “2K is a really shitty company. Someday I will write up how evil they were to us.” That seems to back up the writer, but as with anything of this nature, just be aware it could be a massive hoax.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

As with most things of this nature: Probably a little of Column A, and a little of Column B. IE: Some morsel of truth, but also some sour grapes.

it all began with The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
    <insert laughter here>

Even though many people cried fowl (or BEEETRAYYAAAAAAALLLL) of the initial trailer they released, I have no doubt that it would have been a much better game if they had gone ahead and made that instead of the steaming pile we wound up with when they tried to make it tie into the proper X-COM remake that got made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now i start doubt, that i may except Borderlands 3. Well Borderlands The Pre-Sequel was not bad, but it was don't have such punch, like previous games got. By the way... Why there is still nothing nasty from Activision?

The Bureau sucked.

Borderland The Pre-Sequel sucked.

That's why that studio closed.

Jimmy Thick-Can't do your job right, you're going to lose it in a cut throat industry.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Now i start doubt, that i may except Borderlands 3. Well Borderlands The Pre-Sequel was not bad, but it was don't have such punch, like previous games got. By the way... Why there is still nothing nasty from Activision?
    Borderlands 1/2 were made by Gearbox. The Pre-Sequel was made by 2K Australia. Borderlands 3 is once again being made by Gearbox.

Deleted
    The Bureau... If anything, 2K tried to save the steamy piece of crap by introducing some X-COM lore (which was really the only good part of the game).