Page 1 of 3
LastLast

You can flare out Cordana Felsong and her minions at VotW.

I don't know if it is a common knowledge, but whenever I play an alt and teamed with other hunters, they are surprised to hear about it.

Spread the word for the sake of all our alts.

So many Paladins and the heavy duty to bring the light come to our shoulders...

Surprised more hunters don't know about this. It was one of the first things I tried when I got that instance the first time to see if Flare acted as a light source.

Yep, been doing this since my first time in there (I guessed given that flare exposes so much hidden stuff that it would work in there, or was at least worth trying) it also works on the trash in the dark on the way to Cordana. The spiders in particular are annoying as they will try to run off into the shadows so that you cant target them. Dropping a binding shot to stop them is handy, but if they make it to the shadows just drop a flare so that you can kill them.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't stop the spread of her AoE pools, but for most other light-source-needing things, Flare works like a charm!

Can't believe alot of hunters don't know about this.

It just makes sense.

Tried it the first time, call it intuition, and was amazed how easy the dungeon is cause of it. Still doesn't stop people from derping at the hidden walls.

And how do you know that a lot of hunters don't already know this? Have you been running with a lot of hunters or just assuming?

Quote Originally Posted by Deifi View Post
    Can't believe alot of hunters don't know about this.

It just makes sense.
    Since when have Blizzard been known to implement things that make sense?

Been a while since I did this. BUT I tried to reveal Cordana when she first vanishes with the first add who steals the Orb but did not reveal her. Do we have to flare her as soon as her add dies and drops the Orb to reveal her with flare?

Did it last night in mythic+ and flare worked for everything excluding crap on the ground--revealed the add, revealed her, and allowed the targeting of all trash up to her as well. Tried flaring from the first or maybe second time in there and been doing it ever since!

Should be common knowledge since the tooltip states it exposes all hidden and invisible enemies.

I didn't even think to do it, because my mind simply couldn't conceive of having some sort of non-standard utility.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've done that with quite a lot of hunters and they've never tried that -.-' Those gits!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After reading this thread I got a Hunter in a VotW group last night, when I told him he was surprised it worked. Made the Adds in the Cordana fight so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    And how do you know that a lot of hunters don't already know this? Have you been running with a lot of hunters or just assuming?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsey View Post
    whenever I play an alt and teamed with other hunters, they are surprised to hear about it.
    What part of this didn't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by lmaoboat View Post
    I didn't even think to do it, because my mind simply couldn't conceive of having some sort of non-standard utility.
    I never thought it would work, no one in my group ever suggested it either. I guess that means a demon hunters sight should work too right?

Deleted
    There is quite a lot of stuff in Legion dungeons that work for specific classes.

In CoS, Prot-pally's truthguard ability should be able to reveal the spy
    DH-sight should be able to reveal the spy (but I believe you have to talk to all the guests first)
    DKs can take a undead minion in black rook (grab a retainer until you reach the hall before the 2nd boss, switch to the cat - which is undead - enjoy a 5-15% dmg buff, even during AoE, for the rest of the run) - works in mythic+ too and is even stronger there because the cat itself is nasty anyway, not having to fight it is already a huge gain. The bleed debuff will stack... I'm not sure how far, the highest I've seen was +7 or +8
    Warlocks should be able to grab some strong demons (arcway), etc. etc.
    Rogues can bribe someone too, but I'm not sure how it works. They should be able to grab a Thundercaller in HoV for example.

I rarely see any of that, in most cases it's free DPS or makes stuff easier.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-02 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    What part of this didn't you understand?
    stfu got damn noob. I bet all decent hunters know about this, only fucking huntars are amazed about their few skills not-yet-to-be-pruned ability work as intended. Gtfo

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-11-04 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    stfu got damn noob. I bet all decent hunters know about this, only fucking huntars are amazed about their few skills not-yet-to-be-pruned ability work as intended. Gtfo
    Get called out because you were being a git and not reading what was said. Then act like he's the one being a dick. Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Drattz View Post
    Get called out because you were being a git and not reading what was said. Then act like he's the one being a dick. Ok.
    still I speak the truth.. get hurt more