Shadow - JC Crafted Neck

I've looked on Wowhead for this neck piece I keep reading about but all I see is a "Heals you for xxx and restores xxx mana".

Can someone tell me what this neck is all about?

restore insanity for shadow

It gives you 30 insanity on pull, grearly reduces ramp uo time. It's also off gcd so in StM it's really good.

It's essentially a free SW: D off the GCD and doesn't need to have the boss at sub 35%. Ideally you want to use it before pull out of voidform so that it'll be up when you're in StM. You also only want to pop it when you're out of charges and you would otherwise die and you don't want to use dispersion yet.

I swear by it. It can roll haste crit, it has a socket, it can pull you through a ropey StM to VTor3, it gives you an extra 3-4s of surrender if you didn't panic use it.

Personally I macro it to stop casting, use neck then cast MB. I was fed up of pushing it during a dicey MB cast and dying because you can't use it while casting. The MB after is to optimise the insanity spike, I don't really mind if it delays a single VB.

Do you guys think it's still worth crafting now? Since they plan on upping obliterum cap on crafted items every now and then? Right now I've been using a 850 with crit/haste, and holding on to like a 865 neck for ilvl. But at this point I'm trying to get any dps increase as I can get. I can't see the neck hurting for mythic+ or my heroic pugs that I run.

There was a point my overall damage was on par with my WW monk friend and Ret paladin friend, now my overall for high level mythic+ (8-11) is about 100 million damage less than both of these guys. It feels kind of bad because I thought I was doing alright, but now they are just skyrocketing ahead of me, granted our class is just not the best at mythic+ it's just demoralizing to see you know?

Quote Originally Posted by marshly View Post
    Do you guys think it's still worth crafting now? Since they plan on upping obliterum cap on crafted items every now and then? Right now I've been using a 850 with crit/haste, and holding on to like a 865 neck for ilvl. But at this point I'm trying to get any dps increase as I can get. I can't see the neck hurting for mythic+ or my heroic pugs that I run.

There was a point my overall damage was on par with my WW monk friend and Ret paladin friend, now my overall for high level mythic+ (8-11) is about 100 million damage less than both of these guys. It feels kind of bad because I thought I was doing alright, but now they are just skyrocketing ahead of me, granted our class is just not the best at mythic+ it's just demoralizing to see you know?
    Probably. I imagine S2M will change drastically at 7.2 when Nighthold comes out, so by then the higher ilvl will probably outshine it.

ya the neck is really good. even with the rng stats you can sort through ones that are haste heavy / light crit or balanced haste/crit to find the best one for your stat breakdown + you get a socket. 7.1 lets crafted gear get upgraded to 855 as well so it's a pretty solid choice if you can snag a good fireflash one. i like that you can use it when you're in dispersion so for things like 1 phasing ilgy it's not as buttclench going into the eye.

I just found out about this neck recently, my question is: Is the on demand insanity good enough to give up a mythic 9 titanforged neck? I feel like it would be but I also can't even remember what stats I have on the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritsurge View Post
    I just found out about this neck recently, my question is: Is the on demand insanity good enough to give up a mythic 9 titanforged neck? I feel like it would be but I also can't even remember what stats I have on the neck.
    Well since the secondary stats are what's important as necks don't have int, the socket + on use is fantastic.