Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i just don't trust people. it's worth a little money to cut down on the ability for being to be liars.

do that, then make it illegal to not vote. no more campaigning either. just have the government mail out the candidates' platforms and ideals, no party affiliation known until they're elected to eliminate tribalism. inform the voters and make them vote. illegal to nonsense vote, too.
    I don't trust people either. Still a waste to spend or charge others money for something this insignificant.

Not even going to bother touching into your second proposal.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I read about the same two on numerous sources. But please, continue.
    Yeah, totally just two:

http://dailysignal.com/2016/10/17/he...ion-day-looms/

More than 430 over the last 5 years or so. It's not a huge number in the grand scheme, but I think it's just a tad more than two. And you can claim political bias from my reference all you want, these are factual convictions. Hard to claim bias on that. Glad you heard about two though, congrats on the awareness.

I continued.

EDIT: Btw, I don't really care much about WHO they are voting for/against. It's a problem, and I find it hilarious that people think that voting in party's primary has ANY BEARING AT ALL on their political affiliation, you people need some elementary level education on how this country works (or doesn't work, as the case may be).
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    No, voter fraud isn’t a myth: 10 cases where it’s all too real Washington times article lists 10 incidents for 2016 so far.

1. Dead people voting in Colorado.

Multiple deceased voting multiple years.

2. Illegals found voting in Virginia; only discovered after they self-reported.

over 1,000 illegal immigrants successfully registered to vote, and accidentally implicated themselves when they went to renew their licenses.

3. Some Pennsylvania citizens voting twice.

..over 700 that they know of.

4. Illegal voters uncovered in Philadelphia; half had previously voted.

its like pringles.. I guess you can't just do it once.

5. Voter rigging triggers probe in Texas.

Looks like this has ties to the OP article.

6. Indiana voter fraud investigation grows to 56 counties.

Not people.. COUNTIES.

7. Three under investigation in Oklahoma for voting twice in the presidential primary.

It's almost as if we have been saying that fraud is legit.. and happening more.

8. Election fraud in Kentucky.

This one concerns me a lot... intimidating an election officer, so not just fraud.. threats of violence.

9. Underage voters found voting in Wisconsin’s presidential primary.

I guess Bernie Sanders groupies were doing more than just talking.

10. Voter registration cards sent to illegals in Pennsylvania.

Not fraud, strictly speaking.. until the illegals vote. Even if it was a mistake, there is still an expectation of personal responsibility to know that you are not allowed to vote when you are not a legal citizen.

Article is linked for whole story to read... descriptions posted here are simply bullet notes.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Yeah, totally just two:

http://dailysignal.com/2016/10/17/he...ion-day-looms/

More than 430 over the last 5 years or so. It's not a huge number in the grand scheme, but I think it's just a tad more than two. And you can claim political bias from my reference all you want, these are factual convictions. Hard to claim bias on that. Glad you heard about two though, congrats on the awareness.

I continued.
    Im talking about recent, as I assumed you were too. thanks for moving the goal posts to be a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    voter ids should happen, imo. it's not racism, and to suggest otherwise is fucking idiotic.

just don't make them require money. go out to the place to get it, show some form of identification, get your picture taken, and bam, you get a voter id.

But here is the key issue, the republicans do NOT want to supply them easy and freely, since that would defeat the purpose of the voter laws, namely to make sure the wrong people dont get access to the ballot box. this isnt about voter fraud this have the entire time been about making sure you remove hundreds of thousands of democrats from the ballot box.

Really if it was about voter fraud the gop should gladly fund the cost

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you register fraudulently (as she did), and then show up and vote as yourself based on that fraudulent registration, that's not "in-person voter fraud", though. It only qualifies as that if you're pretending to be someone you're not, and taking their place at the polls.
    Makes sense, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I love how you cut out the first part about the fact that she is only accused of voting in primaries. Once again I don't know what the legality of that is, someone want to make that argument?
    I didn't read carefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Glad we're fact checking by guessing. Solid strategy. Also, a lot of people consider it more important to vote in your opponent's primary. Chances are good that you agree more with any candidate of your own party than you do with ALL the candidates in your opponents.

That being said, I don't care what her affiliation is. Throw her in jail regardless.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    No, voter fraud isn’t a myth: 10 cases where it’s all too real Washington times article lists 10 incidents for 2016 so far.
    The myth is that it happens in large enough numbers to be anything more than insignificant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Im talking about recent, as I assumed you were too. thanks for moving the goal posts to be a few years.
    Would you like me to compile a database for you? I would have thought 32,377 posts on the internet would be enough to let you experience the wonder of ctrl-f and the entering "convicted: 2016".

I'd consider this election cycle to be recent... so, I'm going to say that 12x your quoted amount THIS CYCLE ALONE is fair game, wouldn't you? Or would you rather just consider the last couple of weeks because it makes your argument shinier?

EDIT: Also, should be noted that there is a fair bit of lag-time on these trials.. so that number is probably SUBSTANTIALLY higher since it is counting convictions only.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I like that the fraudulent voter is apparently a Republican.

So I need ID to get ID to prove I'm who I say I am, but for some reason that first ID isn't good enough, except to get the second ID which is?

Sounds like a waste of everyone's time.
    In Australia, you need to show Identifications before you get to vote, like a NORMAL VOTING SYSTEM.

The fuck America is doing? You vote without needing proof of ID is beyond stupid, and beyond RETARDED.

ID should be MANDATORY for voting. Anyone stating otherwise is a dumbfuck. THis way is harder to fraud. Any problem would arise is via Illegal IDs.

Non-Citizens should not be able to vote. Period. Don't care what the illegal alien came from. By the end of the day they are ILLEGAL. Fucking american Voting system, utterly flawed to its core.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you like me to compile a database for you? I would have thought 32,377 posts on the internet would be enough to let you experience the wonder of ctrl-f and the entering "convicted: 2016".

I'd consider this election cycle to be recent... so, I'm going to say that 12x your quoted amount THIS CYCLE ALONE is fair game, wouldn't you? Or would you rather just consider the last couple of weeks because it makes your argument shinier?

EDIT: Also, should be noted that there is a fair bit of lag-time on these trials.. so that number is probably SUBSTANTIALLY higher since it is counting convictions only.
    Yeah, if this is your theme, discussion over. Stop trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Considering it's the Republicans who are always crying foul of illegal immigrants voting Democratic this episode is pretty ironic.

Maybe I'm missing something here -- Are you allowed to vote in both the Democratic and Republican primaries in the same year?
    Short answer yes, long answer yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, if this is your theme, discussion over. Stop trying.
    I gave you a solid link to dispute your point, you claimed it was too old. I did the (admittedly fairly easy) legwork for you, bending to your complaint, and you abandon the argument.

In the words of the big bad wolf, run away little girl, run away.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The myth is that it happens in large enough numbers to be anything more than insignificant.
    This. Plus, what people refuse to consider is that the side effects of solving a very tiny, insignificant problem are almost always far higher than the cost of letting the problem stand. For example, if you own a retail store, and that retail store has maybe a 2% loss rate, that's something you might want to correct. However, you may already be at a point where the measures you would need to take to reduce the loss any further would damage your business more than the loss. For example, locking all of your products in glass cases. Sure, that would reduce loss, but it may make your establishment so difficult to use that it hurts your business more than 2%.

When it comes to voting, the proposals on the table would result on potentially millions of people being unable to vote, by making the system needlessly cumbersome. That's asinine, as removing all of those valid voters from the voter rolls would obviously damage the integrity of the election far more than a dozen cases of in person voter fraud.

The reason people on the opposing side of this refuse to accept this reality is typically because they are authoritarians. Authoritarians don't see the government in practical terms. They see the government as a vessel for their desire to have a strong authority figure that hurts people.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's rare though.
    Voter fraud in general is not rare its actually common.

It just has the perception of being rare because major media doesn't cover it, and alternative opinion-media pushes hard on the false connections inherent to the problem.

Voter fraud is rampant but at the same time its impact is either isolated, as in the case of local elections, or inconsequential, as in the case of national elections.

The problem is the subject is done a general disservice by both sides.

Those on the Left push a blanket of ignorance saying that it doesn't happen and/or that it can't help.

Those on the right Right push a bad narrative that it can result in some catastrophic miscarriage of lawful election.

In reality its a serious issue because of what it has the potential to become because of the concept behind the "if you give a mouse a cookie" idiom.

If we just turn our backs on something that is happening then we create the very climate for it to continue to happen and to escalate.

*updated to include some reading material:

http://thf_media.s3.amazonaws.com/20...Merged-3-2.pdf
    Last edited by TrumpIsPresident; 2016-11-01 at 11:44 PM.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    In Australia, you need to show Identifications before you get to vote, like a NORMAL VOTING SYSTEM.

The fuck America is doing? You vote without needing proof of ID is beyond stupid, and beyond RETARDED.

ID should be MANDATORY for voting. Anyone stating otherwise is a dumbfuck. THis way is harder to fraud. Any problem would arise is via Illegal IDs.

Non-Citizens should not be able to vote. Period. Don't care what the illegal alien came from. By the end of the day they are ILLEGAL. Fucking american Voting system, utterly flawed to its core.
    It would be really hard to regulate this, remember the US is basically 50 countries (states) tied together in the biggest, and closest political relationship in the world and those states get to self-regulate on a massive scale.

Getting things standardized is a nightmare. Could it be done? Yes, but the combination of difficulty and the fact that most illegals vote for democrats means that more than half the people in charge don't WANT to spend more effort regulating it.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post

People in the US still need to identify themselves. Voter ID laws aren't about inventing a new law that requires people provide ID to prove who they are, they're about restricting what's considered valid ID to an unfairly narrow list of ID, typically limiting it to ID that minority groups are less likely to have, with the end goal of disenfranchising legitimate voters.

They're still providing ID at the polls regardless, they just accept pretty much anything that qualifies as ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post

It just has the perception of being rare because major media doesn't cover it, and alternative opinion-media pushes hard on the false connection between

Voter fraud is rampant but at the same time its impact is either isolated, as in the case of local elections, or inconsequential, as in the case of national elections.

Those on the Left push a blanket of ignorance saying that it doesn't happen and/or that it can't help.

Those on the right Right push a bad narrative that it can result in some catastrophic miscarriage of lawful election.

In reality its a serious issue because of what it has the potential to become because of the concept behind the "if you give a mouse a cookie" idiom.

If we just turn our backs on something that is happening then we create the very climate for it to continue to happen and to escalate.
    Great. Prove it is common. I don't mean with a flurry of anecdotes. I mean with actual data.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer yes, long answer yes.

- - - Updated - - -

I gave you a solid link to dispute your point, you claimed it was too old. I did the (admittedly fairly easy) legwork for you, bending to your complaint, and you abandon the argument.

In the words of the big bad wolf, run away little girl, run away.
    Disputing my point by referencing post count twice is nothing. Please, stop. ALso cut the dramatics, its cringy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post

It just has the perception of being rare because major media doesn't cover it, and alternative opinion-media pushes hard on the false connections inherent to the problem.

This is an intelligent and well put-together post. Good on you sir/madam.

Dems pretend it doesn't happen at all and Reps claim it's rampant.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Great. Prove it is common. I don't mean with a flurry of anecdotes. I mean with actual data.
    http://thf_media.s3.amazonaws.com/20...Merged-3-2.pdf
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN