View Poll Results: What was your reason for staying or leaving WoD?

Voters
374. This poll is closed
  • Stayed - Content

35 9.36%
  • Stayed - Lore

6 1.60%
  • Stayed - Achievements

20 5.35%
  • Stayed - to get Pathfinder

5 1.34%
  • Stayed - Garrison

22 5.88%
  • Stayed - for multiple reasons (explain below)

65 17.38%
  • Left - Content

85 22.73%
  • Left - Lore

2 0.53%
  • Left - Achievements

0 0%
  • Left - lack of flying

13 3.48%
  • Left - Garrison

18 4.81%
  • Left - for multiple reasons (explain below)

73 19.52%
  • My answer not shown - explain below

30 8.02%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Warlords of Draenor: Player Perspective Post-Mortem Poll

There's been a great deal of discussion about WoD and it's popularity (or extreme lack there of), so I felt it prudent to take the temperature of the crowd as it were and construct a very basic poll regarding WoD and your personal reasons for staying or unsubbing. Hopefully this offers a bit more insight into why people loved or hated WoD so much.

If your poll option is not shown, please select the final option and share your perspective in the thread. Even if your option is available, feel free to share!

*poll incoming with multiple options*

Deleted
    Stayed subbed almost whole WoD, skipped 3-4 months. Not really because it was good/fun. Mostly because I made more gold then the token cost (EU, so not the cheap as hell US tokens). And the poison was/is strong and hard to ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Left the last eight months for nothing to do.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Stayed mostly for raiding and alts. It was not a bad exp for me since i mostly do raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is as much social to me as it is a game. I didn't do all that much actual playing between March and Juli this year, but I was still logging in every day, to chat, do some garrison economics and small random stuff. The social factor in that is what kept me logging in, not the trivial things or economics. That was just something to do while I hung out with guildies.

I have no regrets about it either, and I'll do the exact same thing at the end of Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Left for every reason you listed as leaving, except achievements. Additional reasons include the fucking horrible reward structure and my guild being killed by the massive sub decline+mythic being 20man.

Warlords was a giant steaming pile of orc shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Left after the first month, multiple reasons. "Raid or die", garrisons, no flying.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    "Voted"; Stayed - Garrison. Please don't misunderstand. I did not stay for whatever features Garrison may have offered, I kept my sub because the gold I earned from the garrison was greater than the gold I spent to stay subbed. As I was not raiding in WoD, any time I decided to get a WoW fix, I would just level another character to 90-100. I now have a reasonable sum of gold, and have a full server of toons that are between 90 and 110.

15+ Year Old Account
    Technically I never unsubbed as I bought enough tokens to last through Feb 2017, but I quit playing during WOD. There just wasn't enough content. And really, I think it was because they were going for the "yearly expansion" thing and then took 2 years to get the next one out. Legion seems to be doing better so far, but I don't know if I'll sub past February at this point as I've been playing the game for 9 years now and I'm getting a bit tired of it.

Garrison gold mine kept me there, made too much money.

There was nothing I found fun to do. Leveled my alts to cap, did story quests, got bored of only raiding.

Stayed for my friends and guild- was able to fill about 6 months of the end-of-expansion-lull with RP and similar events. Would have been the frist expansion I would have quit, if not for that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Left because Content and Lore, and this is all tied of how they did Reputations, which were shitty, AND how LFR had no cool gear. I can't endgame without being sexy. "Just raid Normal dude" - Can't.

Started on release day, started to lose interest in January, out by February. Garrisons and everything related to them were a primary reason for me leaving, as were class changes (which are even worse this time around). Lackluster content beyond the leveling experience (which, as always, was far too expedient). Came back a month or so before legion hit, didn't feel like I missed much of anything noteworthy.

Probably the worst expansion to date, all things considered.

Thumbs up

Left the last few months (4-5) and waited for pre patch to drop. I was subbed from the start of the expac all the way through HM, stayed for a month of BRF and cancelled my sub. Came back to run HFC, cleared it fully and then unsubbed and waited for pre patch.

Left- content was what I chose.

Edit: No idea why there's a hand up there but didn't mean to put it there.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-11-02 at 05:02 AM.

Stayed subscribed because of raiding and friends, but though my subscription was active I didn't play much at all during the final few months. Would occasionally log on to check garrisons, level an alt, or pug a raid with guildies.

I didn't think Warlords was awful but I eventually found myself lacking motivation to log on. So far Legion has had plenty to keep me busy and interested; hoping it stays that way.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    stayed subbed 95% of it, mostly because my token cost was about 20% of the gold I was making from Garrisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Left - Shitty time travel/multi-universe lore, no flying, Garrisons were clearly going to be garbage from the moment they were announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

13/13M and played the entire expansion. Still don't understand the cries of "no content" from people that only do lfr *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    13/13M and played the entire expansion. Still don't understand the cries of "no content" from people that only do lfr *shrug*
    more tiers of difficulty isnt more content. I dont have fun doing the bosses all over again for loot as loot is not the only reason I enjoy raiding. Thats why I avoid lfr and normal and just jump to heroic from mythic legion gear and Im also not doing mythic+ because ive already done those dungeons from 816-840+ish. Every player falls in a difficulty category