Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    hahahaha

us has teeming + necrotic (we had that 2 weeks ago on eu i think)

every 7+ will be a pain lol

on eu we got bolstering (? the one that you have to aoe them down all at once so they die together) + skittish (lose aggro). easy 10's

It keeps me on my toes as a tank and I find myself relieved when I complete a Mythic+ with these affixes, so I actually feel like I accomplished something somewhat annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    Yeah which is why Paladins are the worst at it.
    At least paladins have final stand which is an "oh shi- my stack resetting went wrong" button.

What I hate about the affix is:
    1) how much of a timewaster it is in comparison to everything else
    2) trigger happy dps that keep pulling "cuz tank isn't pulling", I'm waiting for my stacks to get close to expiration you dummy

Deleted
    I'm maining resto shaman this expansion.

For me, the worst affix I've encountered is Volcanic on last boss in CoS but everywhere else it's not a problem.

I have a love/hate relationship with necrotic. If the group is well organised on voice comms then it is just a good challenge. I believe that M+ are designed around the expectation that players have good communication or at least good familiarity with each other. If they weren't then they'd have to be dumbed-down to the point where there would be no challenge left.

A bad group with necrotic is just a wipe-fest. I went in on with a dps who kept telling the tank to hurry up & chain-pulling the next packs while the tank still had 5-6s left on the debuff. The Tank just let him have the aggro until his stacks dropped at which point the dps chose to rant at the tank for being slow/not taking aggro and at me for not healing him (in the 2s it took his hp to go from 100% to 0%).

Necrotic is far more stress on the tank & healer, mostly the tank. Good dps will help the tank drop stacks with taunts, stuns, slows, roots.

My experience so far says that Blood DKs are worst off for this affix, it nullifies their strength. Warrior is probably best-off because Shockwave + Heroic Leap/Intercept means they can drop stacks better than most. I haven't healed a DH tank on a Necrotic M+ run yet but I imagine they'll be similar to DK but their better mobility will help them drop stacks too.

The great thing about M+ for me is how it forces everyone to consider their toolkit and work out ways to deal with these mechanics. Sometimes quite creatively. It also highlights when someone you thought was a good dps player is only really capable of putting out good numbers and is poor at thinking on their feet & problem solving. If dps join an M+ and think their job is just to do damage & interrupt then they won't get very high up the M+ ladder.

Our group uses a second tank specd into doing as much dps as possible on necrotics

Blood does not have icebound. so i don't get why its there.

nothing is unfair, its fun. blood death knight has the potential to be the strongest tanks during necrotic.
    Actually blood dks do have icebound fortitude. Look in your spell book. It was posted in patchnotes awhile back when they gave IBF back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    That's why it's amazing to see groups of 860s going into eoa with a group finder tank, no voice comms and after you join they say "gong for two chests". Yeah, sure you are.
    If it's a druid with balance affinity (bonus points for legendary bracers or chest) and displacer beast...as long as you bring 2 (better 3) AoE stuns and kite afterwards, it's really easy at +7. Don't forget that +7 rewards 855 gear, it's not that challenging.

Speaking as one of those who +10'd the week 2 necrotic / raging on EU back when we even had far less gear and now enjoying the easy affixes instead - Necrotic is out of line with the other affixes. If you want to keep the difficulty of it there should be a minor % increase on the timer to account for the forced waiting between trash that occurs. That or the other affixes come up in line. Either way, it's hard to deny that when you get necrotic that week the reaction is 'aw fuck' compared to overflowing, bolstering, skittish which are largely ignored, and teeming/volcanic/raging that aren't on the same level
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    Actually blood dks do have icebound fortitude. Look in your spell book. It was posted in patchnotes awhile back when they gave IBF back.
    if you are going to read and reply make sure to read whole convo for future references.

That's why it's amazing to see groups of 860s going into eoa with a group finder tank, no voice comms and after you join they say "gong for two chests". Yeah, sure you are.
    I usually avoid pugs because I'm sick of the condescending elitist mentality, everyone thinks they're next serenity's recruit.

I actually pugged my first +10 last week. The only reason I joined was group leader said in the description "be patient" instead of usual "going for 3 chests no noobs". We spent good 1 hour in the dungeon due to everyone's mistakes and fairly low dps but we did it, securing the weekly +10 chest for everyone. Would it be better if we had voice comm and everyone did more dps and avoided more damage? Probably, but people can't take this as granted and expect it from every group.

Sadly most common attitude is "I had this one smooth group, probably a carry for my key, I expect everything from now on to top this experience off".

We live in generation of entitlement, everyone thinks they're entitled to wipeless runs with 3 chests "easy". That usually means healing and tanking is a thankless job everyone's gonna blame you if you don't make it but no one will even appreciate it if you're on top of your game and make it happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I usually avoid pugs because I'm sick of the condescending elitist mentality, everyone thinks they're next serenity's recruit.

I actually pugged my first +10 last week. The only reason I joined was group leader said in the description "be patient" instead of usual "going for 3 chests no noobs". We spent good 1 hour in the dungeon due to everyone's mistakes and fairly low dps but we did it, securing the weekly +10 chest for everyone. Would it be better if we had voice comm and everyone did more dps and avoided more damage? Probably, but people can't take this as granted and expect it from every group.

Sadly most common attitude is "I had this one smooth group, probably a carry for my key, I expect everything from now on to top this experience off".

We live in generation of entitlement, everyone thinks they're entitled to wipeless runs with 3 chests "easy". That usually means healing and tanking is a thankless job everyone's gonna blame you if you don't make it but no one will even appreciate it if you're on top of your game and make it happen.
    As someone who is routinely pugging lvl 10 for 2 chest. I doubt you would even get an invite in the first place, since you so obviously fall into the "bad" category.

If you're serious about tanking you should simply not play DK. Yes, they're that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arensky View Post
    As someone who is routinely pugging lvl 10 for 2 chest. I doubt you would even get an invite in the first place, since you so obviously fall into the "bad" category.
    Since you know a lot about me and the dungeon is won / lost by one person's contribution... suuure...

And yea I would get invite cuz all groups look at is "ilvl" and I have that. Just can't be bothered with elitists. Rather go with dps who are nice but have a tad bit problem moving out of volcanoes than pricks pug finder is full of. Prime example your post.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-11-02 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    get legendary cloak - and say whats necrotic.

learn to kite. use tightening grasp and Wraith walk.

if affix was removed it would be super boring to do mythic+

you must be kidding right. I've a druid with AK level of 13, which i no longer raid on and could go guardian anytime, but i prefer my newly leveled death knight more than guardian, because of how strong death knights are. You are not meant to fking pull then turn your brain off. Necrotic is not an issue for death knights, its an excuse for bad tanks when they suck at it, use anti magic shield, and kite..
    I dont mean to be a dick here but clearly you dont know shit oO

You cant just "get" a specific legendary.

Kiting works, but its super bad to have to do on some tanks and not on others. It basicly means a lot slower dungeon time(i don t suspect you would know this).

Your last paragraf has written all over it that you have done mythic+ 7 and no more. Bears are the defacto best tanks for high level mythic plusses because they migitate damage and not only heal it back up. At a point most classes pretty much get one shot by a lot of the mechanics making selfheal useless. Druids and warriors are basicly your go to choises for when this happens.

" Necrotic is not an issue for death knights, its an excuse for bad tanks when they suck at it, use anti magic shield, and kite" Come on LOL.

Do you also go into raid discussions and talk about how x spec is good because you beat someone in lfr with it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I dont mean to be a dick here but clearly you dont know shit oO

You cant just "get" a specific legendary.

Kiting works, but its super bad to have to do on some tanks and not on others. It basicly means a lot slower dungeon time(i don t suspect you would know this).

Your last paragraf has written all over it that you have done mythic+ 7 and no more. Bears are the defacto best tanks for high level mythic plusses because they migitate damage and not only heal it back up. At a point most classes pretty much get one shot by a lot of the mechanics making selfheal useless. Druids and warriors are basicly your go to choises for when this happens.

" Necrotic is not an issue for death knights, its an excuse for bad tanks when they suck at it, use anti magic shield, and kite" Come on LOL.

Do you also go into raid discussions and talk about how x spec is good because you beat someone in lfr with it?
    so here we have a kid on forums accusing for stuff. i'm ilvl 881. balance druid thank you very much. - i've proly done more mythic+ than you've done dungeon in your entire wow gametime.

Infracted - Djriff
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-11-02 at 05:47 PM.

bears give almost no fuck about necrotic
    What? Bears are extremely reliant on healing, self and external. Bear mastery is literally you take more healing. We're pretty much reduced to kiting during necrotic week.

Deleted
    Admittedly, necrotic is more punishing than other affixes, but definitely not the only affix that punishes some classes more than others. Volcanic does the same to hard casters (owls, locks, but also holy priests, potentially pallies) while others just shrug at it (especially melees). Skittish is then the opposite with casters/ranged ignoring it more or less and melees having to watch their aggro.

There is no balance in this game. I think it is better to accept this now instead of whining for so long that Blizzard changes something and then - as always - makes it even more unbalanced because of side effects that everyone but a Blizzard developer could have seen miles ahead.

It's not every group, but it is a significant minority.

Example: Last week eye of azshara plus 9. I join as tank. I'll admit that I don't necessarily know the super optimal route here, but I know how to get it done at exactly 100%. I ask the group leader if he wants to skip hate and do serp. He says, "It's up to you." So I skip hate. At serp, it's a pug, and I've been burned enough at this point to know that I need to pull a lot of trash here including the damn seagulls. The leader starts complaining that I'm wasting time, and sure it may not be purely optimal but we're not going to go over 100%, and serp is where the trash wipes pugs. So I pull the boss, and of course someone pulls a seagull. We kill boss with 3 alive after I use b Rez on healer.

We go to hatecoil. Again, boss dies with only 2 alive. The leader quits. Then tells me that I killed the Druid by facing the boss towards him. Hatecoil doesn't do any cleave or conal abilities, the Druid died from the rebuff knockback, but whatever. Then he tells me we failed because I pulled extra trash, and that I should never try above a +5 again. I link him the volcanic damaged where he took 2X as much as anyone else (over 20 mill through 3 boss fights). He claims it's not his fault, that he had to stand still because I was taking so much damage. Then he claims to have 2 server first +15 runs (I check his armory, he doesn't have +10 achieve).

That's what you sometimes get. I then joined another group doing the exact same instance at the same difficulty and cleared it win 6 min to spare. Most of the time you can laugh it off but sometimes you get a cluster and it's just exhausting.
    That's why I usually don't pug and especially not moderately challenging content where things are actually possible to go wrong (faceroll content is whatever). Not exactly in the mood to play the roulette will the next group make my day or ruin it. I don't really care to farm the crap out of mythic+ because I don't find it worth my time, the rewards are sub-par unless you're a dps class that absolutely needs x trinket to do good dps and fishes for specific dungeon all the time (I don't envy them, must be boring running exactly the same dungeon over and again).

But yeah I find it hilarious the moment you say you prefer chill groups over tryhards immediately someone jumps at you and call you a baddie. Can't relax in the game, everyone needs to behave like a drill sergeant. Worst are the people you described in your story - someone dies to avoidable damage, bad positioning etc. and blames healer or tank for their death.

And then you get people who ragequit mid run, ruining someone's keystone. That's why if I ever pug, it's never on my key. Only run my key with friends or guildies I know won't throw tantrums at me like a 5 year old.

Eye of Azshara is particularly tricky because you can skip a lot of trash only to find yourself short of trash count in the end, and there's many ways of choosing what to pick and what to skip. Happened to me a group told me to skip skip skip even around the snake boss where I'd rather clear, and then someone pulled trash during boss with their aoe and for some weird reason it was the time we had bolstering week and when trash died it put bolstering on the boss (not sure if intended). Then we wiped.

Oh yea, had this group in HOV as well that wanted to skip skip skip and then we were 1 mob short of trash count.

Problem is, if only 1 thing doesn't go flawlessly someone is bound to start making drama. And that's the risk of pugging. The risk I'm not often willing to take, so if I can, I just run with friends and guildies. It's enough for 1 person out of a group to start raging to spoil the whole atmosphere so it doesn't matter "it's a minority", even if it's just 20% of the population the chances of getting that one rager is big enough I'd rather do less group content than venture into pugs when friends / guild are not available.

Necrotic is annoying because it slows you down, forces to kite and take breaks between pulls to drop stacks, which many gogogo pugs can't stomach.

Deleted
    Yeah, Necrotic is a pain in the ass on some bosses (fucking spiderboss in Arcway) but it's mostly an affix that makes you take things slow, rather than a "watch out or you're dead" like Volcanic can be for example. As a prot warrior at first I was like "wait my ignore pain does shit absorb, i'm deaded".
    But then I just started pulling with big CDs, rushed a 1M~ ignore pain while gaining aggro, clap + jump away, binding shot from hunter, 8 seconds later I'm back in the pack good as new with an ignore pain up and ready to stack it again.
    Main issue with it is you can't just chain pull like a madman, so it slows you in the same way bolstering may, as in you "have to" take things slow, one pack at a time, while something like sanguine / volcanic just screams "ok who cares just aoe this shit down while running through the dungeon".

I personally don't like Necrotic because our main guild tank is a DK and from my point of view as a healer it's the hardest affix by far.

Edit: Something else I felt I should mention with this affix is that from my point of view as a holy priest in Mythic+ there is literally nothing I can do to counter or work around Necrotic in any way. Holy can only heal the damage that is taken and has no way to reduce damage taken with a shield or damage reduc, I can only get less and less effective with nothing to even slightly help my tanks for this besides my large Guardian CD which still only increases healing taken.
    Last edited by spiritsurge; 2016-11-02 at 11:36 PM.