Which classes shouid get priority on relic drops?

Im curious as to how you all determine who should get relic drops. Obviously a huge hupgrade is a no brainer but sometimes its not as clear.

Do you prioritize physical dps since weapon ilvl is huge? But so is spellpower for casters.

Where do healers come in? They get spell power too. Are tanks lowest on the relic priority list since all they have to do as far as damage is enough to hold threat? What about MM hunters for whom ilvl matters more than even the best traits?

Just wondering what guidelines you all follow when handing out relics?

Deleted
    Are your tanks too squishy?

Are people dying due to lack of healing?

Are you wiping due to lack of DPS?

DPS > Tanks > Heals

then you do your non-shit DPS before your shit DPS.

or if you don't care about tryharding, just do whatever
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Hunters first
    Hehe, I miss old days...

It really depends on the bonus given relics have.
    For example: me as a WW Monk, my best bonus is +5% FoF damage. If a relic drops with +10 energy as a bonus, it'd need to grant 9ilvl more on my weapon to be an upgrade. Everyone should know his bis relics. If one relic is bis for multiple classes go dps > tank > heal.

every relic is a hunter weapon

If it's the relic from Cenarius - Shove it to your Guard tank. BiS.
    If it's the one that is the right-most gold trait on feral, again BiS.

So find out which relics are the bis for the various classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fizz View Post

But thats the thing when and for what classes does ilvl trump traits? For mm hunter, for example (my main), ilvl is more important than even the best trait.

I guess the easiest way is dps first then healers and tanks. I almost want to say tanks have lowest priority since healers benefit from spellpower on their weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fizz View Post

This for sure. You will just have to trust people when they tell you that it is BIS and not just like a 5-10 ilvl upgrade. For example the bloated venom-sac fel relic, a destro warlock needs 2 of those as BIS, kind of a hard thing to do when you have 3 DH in the raid that want it as well.

we had people in the raid write down a list of there bis -trait relics, so lootcouncil can see for what spec a certain relict is bis, and can hand them out to the correct people.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just have a forum post (if you have a forum) were people list their BiS relics, the approximate worth of their item level. For example, the Fire Relic (Avenging Wrath) from Xavius is BiS and worth approximately 30 ilvl to Ret Paladins.

However, you should not reward slacking when people can actually get super good relics from Dungeons. Back to the Ret Paladin, he should be spamming Black Rook Hold for the Holy (Avenging Wrath) relic.