Mandatory addons

Hi, old school player who's not played for awhile. Just wondering what are the generally accepted mandatory addons now days?
    I'm assuming omen/dbm/quartz+a ui? is there anything else I should be looking into?

Omen you don't need, threat is likely never going to be an issue.

DBM or BigWigs, whichever you prefer for your Boss Timers. I personally prefer BigWigs.

As for the overall UI, a lot of people use ElvUI, it's pretty sleek and nice, but as far as mandatory, not at all.

I would go as far to say something like TellMeWhen or WeakAuras is something you should look into. It's not mandatory, but it'll help you track Auras, Buffs, Spell Cooldowns and the such a lot easier.

Deleted
    Elvui covers most things and is easy to adjust UI. Omen isn't really needed anymore. Other than that DBM is really the only real addon that most would call mandatory.

Assuming you're wanting to do high end raiding, I'd suggest you get DBM or Bigwigs, whichever your personal preference is, and WeakAuras. Get a UI addon that you enjoy. If you like the default UI, then by all means use it. A popular UI addon is Elvui. I use it, but I use Shadowed Unit Frames for my unit frames, and Vuhdo for raid frames, over Elvui's unit/raid frames.

Boss Mods are I would argue the only expectation, really because there is a reasonable demand for players to be acting on the same information.
    Other than that I would say not.
    Though I would certainly advise some improvements to your monitoring of buffs, debuffs and cooldowns.
    As to what solution works for you, we can't answer that.
    The most common would seem to be WeakAuras, but there are others.

Also it would be advised to get some customisable raid frames, ones you can tailor to your needs as far as the information displayed.

Figure out what you actually need to know, good advice generally and not just here.
    First get that required information displayed in a form which you can interpret and make decisions from quickly.

Then should aesthetics be concern, worry about making it look pretty later.
    Function first, form later.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-11-02 at 12:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Like they said:
    - DBM or BigWigs (I prefer BW) for boss mods, it is way to harder to do it without bossmods
    - WeakAuras, at least for me, is mandatory on a personal level. It serves the information in the way it is most confortable for you.
    - Bartender4 or something to change the powers bars. With bartender you can move the bars around easily, add more bars, and change keybinds super easily.
    - Grid2 or any AddOn for raid frames. I don't like the blizzard frames because well, I don't really like blizz UI. I use grid2 because I use it just to check people being alive. If you are a more active healer I would recommend VuhDo.
    - BagnOn. Get used to it and you will kill yourself when you don't have a bag addon.
    - Shadowed Unit Frames. This isn't mandatory per se but for me it makes a lot of difference. Seing information is tidier and better overall.
    - A recount addon (Recount, Skada, Details!). It won't impact on the real time, but it is really useful to check the group performance and to check your performance personally.

GTFO is a nice one to have as well. Kind of screams at you when you are in bad shit. Not mandatory of course, but helpful when 30 people all have ground effects near the boss and shit :")

Like others have kind of said, the very basics are DBM/BigWigs and WeakAuras2. Anything more than that is generally nice to have, not need to have. Even WA2 could arguably be said to be nice to have, but it can do so much that you can either have that, or 15 other addons, I've found.

If you're a healer, a better raid frame addon than standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    GTFO is a nice one to have as well. Kind of screams at you when you are in bad shit. Not mandatory of course, but helpful when 30 people all have ground effects near the boss and shit :")
    I agree-- GTFO is incredibly useful.