Need Help With Log Analysis

Hey all, so I've been trying to get into Spriest, and even though my gear is fairly poor, I still feel like I'm really under-performing. So I'm asking for some help. I'm really a fan of playing these hard-to-master specs, so hopefully someone can really pick apart my logs and help me figure out what I'm doing wrong and what to look for.

Based on what I've tried to figure out myself it looks like, 1. I'm casting mind flay too much while in S2M, 2. I'm popping S2M too late in the fight, 3. My dot uptimes are too low, and 4. I'm dying too much (that much is obvious, I'm just still getting used to playing a squishy class).

Anyways, here's the log from my first real night on this character, I know it's atrocious, but I want you to be harsh with me. I've gone through the process of trying to improve via logs with other classes before, but I need the advice of someone who knows what they're doing so I can get an idea of what to look for and where to go from here.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Jediahn/simple

By the way, is it feasible to pull three void torrents with my haste? I read on H2P the breakpoint was dropped to 10k, but I'm not sure if that's just where haste starts to lose to crit, or that's also where three void torrents becomes possible.
    Last edited by ThePhantombox; 2016-11-02 at 05:08 PM.
    Resident BM Asshole

Can't check out your logs atm, but for your armory I think you could use some more crit. You should definitely use crit food as more crit can help smooth out your IPS with AS (even though it's still RNG). The breakpoints aren't necessarily about 3rd torrent (although 10k is the lowest you can get it if you have a decent amount of crit) but about how certain stats compare at 3 different levels of haste.

10k is the ideal place to be stat wise for haste, if you naturally have more on gear then you'd use the 12k set of stat weights as haste is devalued at 12k haste. at 10k haste = crit in terms of weight and as you move closer to 12k haste crit becomes more valuable in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Can't check out your logs atm, but for your armory I think you could use some more crit. You should definitely use crit food as more crit can help smooth out your IPS with AS (even though it's still RNG). The breakpoints aren't necessarily about 3rd torrent (although 10k is the lowest you can get it if you have a decent amount of crit) but about how certain stats compare at 3 different levels of haste.

10k is the ideal place to be stat wise for haste, if you naturally have more on gear then you'd use the 12k set of stat weights as haste is devalued at 12k haste. at 10k haste = crit in terms of weight and as you move closer to 12k haste crit becomes more valuable in comparison.
    Alright I see what you mean, but if I'm going to start moving towards getting more crit I'm assuming I need to be making sure I still don't drop below 10k haste right?
    Resident BM Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    Alright I see what you mean, but if I'm going to start moving towards getting more crit I'm assuming I need to be making sure I still don't drop below 10k haste right?
    Exactly. Some nice crafted pieces like rings and neck can help out without changing a whole lot.

You damage is low, yes. You are at 90% iLvL performance though for both Nythendra and Ursoc. Shadow scales with gear like crazy. Better than any other spec atm. I'm pretty sure just upgrading your gear would take you quite far.