Mage TMW Profile for Patch 7.1 w/Download

This profile has been updated for patch 7.1! It includes all three specs! This profile is meant to be a learning tool/helper for new and veteran players of the game. It will display important information centralized on your screen using the TellMeWhen addon.

You can find the LATEST VERSION HERE

Updates for Patch 7.1 include:

General

- Profile toggles have been implemented! You can now shut off an entire profile with one icon by setting the appropriate icon to 0% (hidden). You can use this to disable profiles for specializations you don't require!
    - The Version date is now printed in the corner of the screen when in editting mode. Check this date against updates to make sure its the latest!

Arcane

- Redesigned layout
    - Added overlay while casting Arcane Missiles
    - The next spell to cast will now be shown. The text "next" will appear to indicate
    - Arcane Power will now flash at an ideal time to cast
    - Added several talent tracking groups
    - Reworked priorities to be more consistent

Fire

- Redesigned layout
    - Added Ignite tracker
    - Added Hot streak tracking

Frost

- Redesigned layout
    - Added Icicle tracking
    - Added Fingers of Frost tracker

As always feedback is greatly appreciated!

To Import this profile, download the latest TMW Version

1. Copy the Profile in full
    2. Open TMW in game (/tmw)
    3. Paste the entire profile on the bottom Text Bar
    4. Click Import
    5. Select "From String"
    6. Choose Overwrite

You can see an EXAMPLE OF IMPORTING HERE

On arcane, if I follow the rotation I never run out of mana (never goes under 80% mana and mostly sits around 90% +) , it seems to be prioritizing Arcane Barrage over arcane missiles when i get a tad under 80% mana and still wants me to Evocation sometimes when I'm around 80% mana. I have Mystic Kilt of the Runemaster. My dps seems sub optimal about 185k on dummies with no timewarp but all other cool downs used on test dummies 856 il. Weapon at level 19 following ivy veins artifact progression.

Cant post links so Chracter name is Kinatìç US Prouldmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Mintari View Post
    On arcane, if I follow the rotation I never run out of mana (never goes under 80% mana and mostly sits around 90% +) , it seems to be prioritizing Arcane Barrage over arcane missiles when i get a tad under 80% mana and still wants me to Evocation sometimes when I'm around 80% mana. I have Mystic Kilt of the Runemaster. My dps seems sub optimal about 185k on dummies with no timewarp but all other cool downs used on test dummies 856 il. Weapon at level 19 following ivy veins artifact progression.

Cant post links so Chracter name is Kinatìç US Prouldmoore
    Using arcane power and spamming max charges blasts is how you use up your mana. Barrage is only for when you dont have Arcane power available.

I'll look into the rotation

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    Using arcane power and spamming max charges blasts is how you use up your mana. Barrage is only for when you dont have Arcane power available.

I'll look into the rotation
    Thanks, I wasn't sure if the legendary's kilts passive was messing the rotation up.

Equip: Arcane Barrage grants you 4% of your maximum mana per Arcane Charge spent.
    so 16% mana with a full stack of charges

Quote Originally Posted by Mintari View Post
    Thanks, I wasn't sure if the legendary's kilts passive was messing the rotation up.

Equip: Arcane Barrage grants you 4% of your maximum mana per Arcane Charge spent.
    so 16% mana with a full stack of charges
    I made some tweaks and changed the conditions behind Evocation.

What you'll see now is that the rotation will not ask you to Evocate until at <15% mana and Barrage will not be suggested until Evocation is on CD, or both Evocate and Arcane power are available for use.

What this means is that if you want to conserve mana and save cooldowns the rotation will function normally, but once you use Arcane Power you will be told to only spam Arcane Blast and the occasional Missile to use up your mana for dps output. Missiles will only be suggested while Arcane Power is active or you have 3 stacks. Evocate will be shown once you run out of mana.

This should be more in line with what players are doing and I hope it addresses your concerns.

Hi Chesder, First I wanted to say thank you for the great looking/functioning profiles. I love playing many different alts and specs and your rotation helpers are great training wheels to play a class effectively while building the knowledge and muscle memory yourself. I do have a question regarding the Arcane profile however. From reading around most mages recommend only using Arcane Missiles at 4 Arcane charges. This profile however is recommending to use them as early as 2 arcane charges, even if not capped on missile stacks. Ontop of that, if you reach 4 arcane charge stacks and have an arcane missile proc active, it'll recommend dumping the arcane charge stacks with arcane barrage instead of consuming the stack for arcane missiles. And one more thing regarding the burn phase, arcane power is active it does recommend using arcane missiles anytime it is available which seems to be the consensus on what is correct; however, once arcane power ends and you're still in burn phase it only recommends arcane missiles at three stacks at that point which I don't believe is correct. During burn phase even without arcane power you're at 4 stacks of arcane charge, so by using arcane missiles every time its available would help extend the burn phase. Any input you have on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Aegwyn; 2016-11-12 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegwyn View Post
    Hi Chesder, First I wanted to say thank you for the great looking/functioning profiles. I love playing many different alts and specs and your rotation helpers are great training wheels to play a class effectively while building the knowledge and muscle memory yourself. I do have a question regarding the Arcane profile however. From reading around most mages recommend only using Arcane Missiles at 4 Arcane charges. This profile however is recommending to use them as early as 2 arcane charges, even if not capped on missile stacks. Ontop of that, if you reach 4 arcane charge stacks and have an arcane missile proc active, it'll recommend dumping the arcane charge stacks with arcane barrage instead of consuming the stack for arcane missiles. And one more thing regarding the burn phase, arcane power is active it does recommend using arcane missiles anytime it is available which seems to be the consensus on what is correct; however, once arcane power ends and you're still in burn phase it only recommends arcane missiles at three stacks at that point which I don't believe is correct. During burn phase even without arcane power you're at 4 stacks of arcane charge, so by using arcane missiles every time its available would help extend the burn phase. Any input you have on this would be greatly appreciated!
    What your pointing out seems to be just when missiles are dumped at max charges. Fixing that issue will carry over throughout the burn and conserve phases. I can make tweaks and see about it

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    What your pointing out seems to be just when missiles are dumped at max charges. Fixing that issue will carry over throughout the burn and conserve phases. I can make tweaks and see about it
    That's what I found kind of odd though, if stacks were maxed out it'd make sense to dump one. But it's recommending using Arcane Missile at 2 arcane charges with only one proc of Arcane Missiles active.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegwyn View Post
    That's what I found kind of odd though, if stacks were maxed out it'd make sense to dump one. But it's recommending using Arcane Missile at 2 arcane charges with only one proc of Arcane Missiles active.
    That is part of the conserve phase mechanics. Using missiles to gain charges to blow at 4. I can set it up to do a rotation based on evocates cd but I'll have t do some testing

UPDATE 11/14/2016

Fire

- Added Marquee Bindings of the Sun King tracking to Pyroblast. It will now highlight while the buff is active to let you know to hardcast it

Updates to this TMW profile will be made for 7.1.5 and will be posted on this thread. If you have any suggestions or find any bugs please let me know!

I've finished creating a website that will host the profiles!

http://chesder.weebly.com

I'll continue to post updates here on MMO Champion as we move forward, but from now on you can find all the profiles and different ways to give feedback at the new web page.