Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I'm always the first one to give the employee the benefit of the doubt, because I know from experience how bad customers can be and just how much dealing with them day in and day out can be a soul-draining and toxic experience. That being said, there is no excuse for her behavior and no reason to ever bash people of any race or ethnicity, especially when you're on the clock. If it went down as you said it did, absolutely you should complain. If I were her co-worker and overheard that conversation I'd complain about her to the boss.

Look at it this way: she's a liability. If she goes on an anti-Greek rant with someone who isn't as laid back about it, your store could be sued, which will affect you and everyone else badly, as well as net bad press and PR for the store. Remember that Miracle Mattress store that did that incredibly awful and in-poor-taste 9/11 ad and promo?

That store shut down. What do you think happened to everyone who worked there? They probably got laid off which definitely hurt their paycheck. The same thing can happen with an employee who has any kind of racial or national prejudice.
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2016-11-03 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should file a complain.

She was unprofessional, and she shouldn't be on that job if she is being disrespectful to the customers. As for people that say don't mess with people's job, she did it to herself really, no one else to blame but herself, you are accountable for your actions at work, and in some cases, even outside of work you are still accountable.

As for people that say snitches get stitches, that sounds like a rule for children's playground. What if the girl attacked him? Should he let it go still? If not this time, then where exactly do you draw the line? People should always make a complain to issues that they are not happy with, after all this is the only way customer service can be improved. People that go by that saying sounds more like criminals to me, they certainly wouldn't be the type to call the cops if they witness a crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    "Do unto others as you'd wish they do unto you."

and also...

"Karma's a bitch."
    Yes, karma is a bitch.

She is giving you shit for being Greek, she can lose her job over it.

Karma is a bitch indeed.

Assuming you're greek. If you get her fired, it'll further fuel her hatred toward greeks lol

Why? I mean is your time so valueless you'd waste it reporting some one for some off color remarks?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should you? What benefit is there to reporting this person?

At best, she is told not to do it again. If so, congrats. You mildly annoyed everyone in the chain of command by wasting their time. Sure she might compy, but not because you showed her the error of her ways. No, your complaint will be forgotten in a week and she will only comply long enough to keep the boss from giving her another whining session.

At worst, she's fired. If so, congrats. Your over sensitivity caused disproportionate pain, suffering, and misery to someone else. Good job.

I agree she should watch what she says a bit more carefully, if only to avoid this situation.

Regardless of which you choose, there is no upside. So why do it?
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2016-11-04 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Backlashe View Post
    Snitches get stitches.
    Sorry what just happened in Greece recently? They went bankrupt right. Threw the world into utter chaos. Thats where this crazy employee is prob coming from. but does being Greek make you bad? no. is there bad people in Greece or any other place in the world yea prob. It doesn't make all Greeks bad thou just cuz theres a few bad eggs in the dozen that you need to crack.

As for the employee just move on, stop being a cry baby as its not worth it. Them Alabamians will hold a grudge and come at you with a close hanger probably if they get fired over you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Why should you? What benefit is there to reporting this person?

At best, she is told not to do it again. If so, congrats. You mildly annoyed everyone in the chain of command by wasting their time. Sure she might compy, but not because you showed her the error of her ways. No, your complaint will be forgotten in a week and she will only comply long enough to keep the boss from giving her another whining session.

At worst, she's fired. If so, congrats. Your over sensitivity caused disproportionate pain, suffering, and misery to someone else. Good job.

I agree she should watch what she says a bit more carefully, if only to avoid this situation.

Regardless of which you choose, there is no upside. So why do it?
    if you work in retail your actions have consequences as you are the direct face of the company to the consumer. so yes if her words cause her to get fired then it's her own fault. she is responsible for her actions. you do NOT BLAME THE CONSUMER FOR AN EMPLOYEES ACTIONS EVER. customer service in the retail industry is important. if you treat your customers like shit or start fights with them expect to get promptly fired. she is a liability to the business with behavior like that and it should not be tolerated as it can stir up bad pr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboi View Post
    Assuming you're greek. If you get her fired, it'll further fuel her hatred toward greeks lol
    that's her problem.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-11-04 at 01:22 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    Sorry what just happened in Greece recently? They went bankrupt right. Threw the world into utter chaos.
    Topkek.

Greece going bankrupt probably doesn't get into the top 5 of things that happened recently that 'threw the world into chaos' :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The "pins and needles" comment was a threat. Yes report this person immediately.

You'll be doing the world a great service.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    NOT BLAME THE CONSUMER FOR AN EMPLOYEES ACTIONS EVER[/COLOR]
    Must be an American thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    In the adult world this saying is stupid as hell.
    In the civilized world you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    if you work in retail your actions have consequences as you are the direct face of the company to the consumer. so yes if her words cause her to get fired then it's her own fault. she is responsible for her actions. you do NOT BLAME THE CONSUMER FOR AN EMPLOYEES ACTIONS EVER. customer service in the retail industry is important. if you treat your customers like shit or start fights with them expect to get promptly fired. she is a liability to the business with behavior like that and it should not be tolerated as it can stir up bad.
    One negative experience with an employee does not a reportable offence make.

Here is how you handle retail/fast food workers.

If you have a complaint, NEVER deal with it at store level, don't waste your time talking to a store manager or even worse an assistant manager, I assure you none of them care.

Avoid a corporate phone number as well, waste of time and again, no one will care these corporate numbers are just for people to let you vent.

Instead look online for regional managers and tell them what happened. Really easy to find whoever with the Internet and you will get results because these guys will think for you to go through the trouble to find them, then something is probably really wrong.

Quick story.

Went to a fast food place and long story short the woman worker started a verbal fight with me over a flavor change of drink. I asked for the store managers phone number and this woman went crazy.

Instead of calling that restaurant and possibly dealing with that same woman, I looked for district managers and regional managers for the fast food chain for this area. By the next morning I had received several emails from these upper management types and several offers of free food. I was told in an email they would personally take care of this situation. So I looked up the names of the people who sent me the emails and found personal Facebook accounts and LinkedIn pages.

The next day I went back to this restaurant and saw the people I looked up actually there and the workers working all had red faces and looked uncomfortable. Needless to say I ordered food and got some of the best customer service I have ever received in a fast food environment. These guys did keep their word and this restaurant has been stellar ever since.

Now I'm not saying that will happen in every case and this one could indeed be an exception, but this is how to handle any and all complaints related to fast food/ retail in my experience.