Question Help with which weapon to spend AP on

I am currently playing MM, my artifact weapon is on 25 traits and my 26th will cost 138,000, I am 56,000 into it and have 102,000 worth of artifact power in my bag, I'm wondering if I'd be better off using that on my BM weapon as it is only on 11 traits? Am I better off concentrating on getting my MM as high as possible or should I use it on the BM weapon to catch it up a bit? I use MM for raids and tend to use it for dungeons so is there any point using the AP on the other weapons? I'm on artifact knowledge level 12 which is 1,400%.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Before the "damn the numbers and mechanics, BM 4 LYFE" crowd shows up...

Seems like you've already answered yourself. You're using MM for both raids and dungeons, so what would you gain from another weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Don't really see a point in leveling the BM weapon if your focus is raids, and when you do dungeons, you tend to run as MM. If anything, I'd maybe sink the points to get Surge of the Stormgod for BM for really pushing AoE in Mythic+, but it's hardly necessary beyond Master of Beasts.

Sounds like you really only use the MM weapon for the content that you focus on, so I'd just keep sinking AP into it.

BM is better for high end Mythic+ dungeons by a little, MM is better for raids. But considering how far your BM artifact is, might just be better to stick with MM.

Thanks guys :-) Much appreciated
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Barrage is a pia, and its manageable, but for Mythic+ bm with 15-18 traits clears trash consistently faster than Marks. The BM weapon will cost you next to nothing to get to 15 or so, and then you can try it out.

I typically pump Marks until its painful, then dump a few tokens into my BM weapon. Im at work, but I think my BM weapon is at 18 points and my Marks is 25ish. I play bm for everything but Raids.

Just remember, if you want to raid with Marks, you should set your Loot Spec to Marks when in BM. Otherwise, you can get a legendary for BM.

7+ Year Old Account
    overall its better to focus on your main weapon, but once your main wep requries atleast 5 times the AP, i do abit on my others

my demo is 29
    affliction 22
    destro 22
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

BM only trumps MM in m+ if the trash packs will live longer than 25 or so seconds. And that's ONLY if you've put in at LEAST 18 traits to BM, but that's just considering straight AoE.

If you want mobs focused down, and things around it cleaved, which in m+ you usually do. MM is better. The top hunters have mostly gone MM for higher m+. To be fair it's mostly because of the fact they're only putting traits into MM because of raids, but if you're raiding and focusing on prog, focusing all your stuff into MM won't hurt.

My hunter is my alt currently, I have 28 traits in MM and 18 in BM. I'm 874ilvl in MM and 870ilvl in BM. My sustained AoE on 8 targets in both, is exactly 920k. But my MM burst, is 2.4mil and my BM burst is 2mil.

MM Also has better focused damage on a specific add, so if you need to down 1, it's superior. Or if the mobs won't last long, MM again is superior.

Anything under m10+, I think MM would clear trash faster. Assuming you have 2 good trash dps also with you. If not, probably BM anything higher than 8 because it'll live longer.

TL;DR I'd recommend focusing on MM till about 14-15 AK, then get BM up to 18 traits and see if you like it in dungeons. If you don't, ignore it from there on out. If yes, aim for the third golden trait then leave it and go back to MM.
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2016-11-03 at 11:58 AM.