Alliance Marksman Hunter 7.1 Haste question

Hi, So I had a question regarding haste.

I came across a situation where I had a decent 7% upgrade on a belt, It had way more mastery than the one I was wearing but had vers instead of haste. Unfortunately my RNG in finding gear with main-stat mastery and secondary haste has been quite bad resulting in my haste being already quite low (11.35%) This upgrade puts me to 9.22% haste and it is starting to feel a bit sluggish when it comes to casting without trueshot etc. Should I not worry about this haste decrease and just use the upgrade anyway? Or alternatively wait until a better belt is dropped?

When Simmed the new belt shows only a slight increase in DPS.
    As a side question: Is there a haste % that you should not fall under due to casts taking too long (movement fights can be a pain in this case).

Thanks for reading.

My last sim came out as this:
    Mastery ~= haste ~= crit ~= verst ~= agi
    Probably because i have over 15% haste and a lot of mastery
    So, i suggest you to also sim your stats scalling so you can see better how haste weights for your situation

Deleted
    Only constant I get from simming different item upgrades is that Mastery is over all. Switching one ring changed my weights from Mastery > Vers ~= Crit ~= Haste ~= Agi to Mastery > Crit ~= Vers ~= Agi ~= Haste. Note that I'm sitting on 14% Haste and 21% Mastery.

Deleted
    Sitting at 20% haste, not sure about my mastery, I just mindlessly pump it up since it cant go wrong.

And I probably wouldnt want it lower, the rotation feels really fluid at that level.

Deleted
    Mastery is our best stat. All the others are basically equal. In a multi target scenario haste becomes our 2nd best stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoran View Post
    Mastery is our best stat. All the others are basically equal. In a multi target scenario haste becomes our 2nd best stat.
    I'm at work right now so don't have everything in front of me so I very easily could be wrong, but wouldn't haste increase single target dps more then multi? More haste = more auto shots which = more procs. We have 2 procs that come from auto shots. I'm not saying haste won't increase your multi target dps (lower global,barrage is better) but I don't think we can overlook how awesome the procs are on single target.

I made a post somewhere on here the other day about how most of my armor upgrades have been mastery/critical replacing mastery/haste. (At 876 ilvl now) when I was at ~868 I was at roughly 20% critical 22% haste, 23% mastery - since then I have lost almost 12% haste for a small increase in mastery and critical. Simming each new piece and adjusting stat weights each time, it still tells me these mastery/crit pieces are upgrades when in reality my dmg overall has gone down.

Does anyone else see this? Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Exovise View Post
    I'm at work right now so don't have everything in front of me so I very easily could be wrong, but wouldn't haste increase single target dps more then multi? More haste = more auto shots which = more procs. We have 2 procs that come from auto shots. I'm not saying haste won't increase your multi target dps (lower global,barrage is better) but I don't think we can overlook how awesome the procs are on single target.

I made a post somewhere on here the other day about how most of my armor upgrades have been mastery/critical replacing mastery/haste. (At 876 ilvl now) when I was at ~868 I was at roughly 20% critical 22% haste, 23% mastery - since then I have lost almost 12% haste for a small increase in mastery and critical. Simming each new piece and adjusting stat weights each time, it still tells me these mastery/crit pieces are upgrades when in reality my dmg overall has gone down.

Does anyone else see this? Or is it just me?
    You might be doing less damage because of the aimed shot nerf. Unless the APL is not optimal, the sims are not wrong, FOR A SINGLE TARGET STANDING STILL FIGHT.

I have had the same thing happen with my gear (haste down and crit up), and my damage only goes up with upgrades.

Remember the sims are single target. Vers is the only thing that doesn't get additional scaling during multiple targets. Haste means more marked procs and crit damage during TS is increased. The haste thing also depends on if you have blood thirsty which is 3k haste with an uptime of 40-50%.

I understand the dps number you get from Sims will not equal actual dps during the fight, what I mean is the sim numbers go up, while actual dps goes down. Yes, if I use old gear (mastery/haste) the simulation dps numbers go down, but my actual dps is closer to what the simulation says is perfect (which ends up being more then the higher ilvl gear with mastery/crit)

I do have an 860 bloodthirsty trinket - I'll actually supply numbers when I get home

You can sim multi target fights and also stipulate movement during the fight - it's still a large difference between simulation/perfect and actual dps when you compare the numbers with more or less haste

I'm not saying anybody is right or wrong, I honestly have no idea. I'm saying I was doing so much dmg in fights got better gear and am now not doing as much dmg, I was just curious if others were having this issue and if it is for sure the haste differential

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally the more Haste you have the better Crit becomes. I'd quote Azor but i cbf looking for the thread.
    Like everyone else has said though, Mastery>>>>>>> everything else, so as long as mastery is on it, it should be fine.

I'm sitting on some potential DPS crit/mastery upgrades buy am hesitant to lose the haste. It'd be nice to know if anyone has found a sweet spot or a minimum haste level to be sitting at. I'm at 17% haste at the moment. I'm kinda afraid to fall down to 15% or less.