10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Does it feel like everyone is just in it for themselves?

Like all their motives are just for whatever self-absorbed reason and they could give 2 shits what happens to you. Or are there people that actually care about you?

Feels like everyone has an ulterior motive for their actions.

You know what's weird is that some months ago there was a post about Google's new writing analysis AI that would take a person's writing and deduce things about them. It said I was very sure of myself. I pasted your writing in and it said just what you posted OP, that you felt others were self-absorbed and didn't care what happened.

That's amazing to me.

The internet isn't a place to find friends really, maybe in a guild in WoW or something.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I'm talking about the real world Hubcap. that is kinda freaky too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    This is the AI:

Personality Insights
    Gain insight into how and why people think, act, and feel the way they do. This service applies linguistic analytics and personality theory to infer attributes from a person's unstructured text.
    https://personality-insights-livedemo.mybluemix.net/
    bookmarked

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the AI:

Personality Insights
    Gain insight into how and why people think, act, and feel the way they do. This service applies linguistic analytics and personality theory to infer attributes from a person's unstructured text.
    How do you use that? I want to analyze myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of the twitter screen, select the second tab "Body of Text", and then select "your own text", and copy paste some writing.
    Thanks.

Gotta Copy Paste some shit now.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Like all their motives are just for whatever self-absorbed reason and they could give 2 shits what happens to you. Or are there people that actually care about you?

We value Self-Actualization above all else, in fact the 20th century can be called the Century of Self.

We have long since forsaken community, loyalty and solidarity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    How do you use that? I want to analyze myself.
    Go to "body of text" and paste in something you wrote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's what I got after taking a number of forum posts, Facebook posts, work-related emails, and some old college papers in my cloud:

Summary
    You are shrewd, somewhat critical and particular.
    You are philosophical: you are open to and intrigued by new ideas and love to explore them. You are solemn: you are generally serious and do not joke much. And you are independent: you have a strong desire to have time to yourself.
    Your choices are driven by a desire for discovery.
    You are relatively unconcerned with both tradition and taking pleasure in life. You care more about making your own path than following what others have done. And you prefer activities with a purpose greater than just personal enjoyment.

Meh, IDK. I might compile a bigger sample than 1700 words. I don't want to create a sample bias.

Deleted
    This is the AI:

Personality Insights
    Thank you very much for that, I was actually curious about it after the first reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post

what, you mean like peoples natural self preservation and survival?

Funny that, given how anyones natural instinct is to survive in whatever way they can, most living creatures tend to do this. Of course we has humans are able to know empathy, and are able to understand other peoples emotions, and even extend help to them in knowing our own species.

But yes, EVERYTHING is out for itself as a means of surviving. That doesn't make us selfish, it means we are doing what comes natural, like shitting.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Yes, most people don't care about others.

Might be a bit cynical but I think most people support initiatives that they stand to gain from. If they think they couldn't benefit from it they would be against it.

I can say without shame I am just in it for myself, and by extension family as generally what is good for them is good for me.

95% of the human population could die tonight and I really wouldn't care.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes,and I think it's human nature. How extreme it is, varies,but we all do everything we do to benefit ourselves in some way. Some people are meaner about it.
    I don't think we can survive any other way.

There are idealistic stories and programs to view that paint a picture that it can be different,but it can't . Everyone wants something from everyone.