Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Whelp, now we know. Thoughts?

I'm very interested in two new zones, and the D1 remake, and Necros.

Disapointed by no announcement of an expac, or D4 - but who knows, it could still happen. This all smells like "stuff to keep you busy, while we work on things". Plus, they might not have a game director for the game yet, which is why Frank did the announcement. That would really slow down work on anything big like D4 or an expansion.

I'm cool with what's coming, and will play it. If they get better with season rewards, I'll play more, if not, I'll wait for the new content.

So...6/10 for me - something is better than nothing, but not what I hoped for.

Deleted
    They might simply want to stay with the platform and the tools they already have, rather than invest the titanic expenditure and produce a wholly new setup.

Honestly I continue to be pleasantly surprised by just how much content they're giving away without asking for more money, D3 after the Expac came really nailed it on that front in my opinion.

Isn't it a bit early to be asking for a D4?

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    i mean the fact that they worked on d3 for 219328129381 years doesnt mean that they should be working on d4 for the same amount of time..

RoS launched almost 2 years ago already.. so its time for a new expansion.. atleast..

10+ Year Old Account
    No? Just because we had to wait a decade for D3 doesn't mean we need to for 4. D3 is almost 5 years old, its not so young that a sequel is out of the question.

Deleted
    D3 could have probably been released in 2007-08 if it wasn't reworked for 3 times. We don't really have to wait for D4 or for a new expansion for another decade, really.

Well, I kinda knew there was gonna be no expansion, they already mentioned that kania cube and the barbarian area add in 2015 was part of the expansion, now they will just piecemeal the remaining 2 zones and sell the necro, was expecting something to compete vs lost ark and lineage eternal, I guess not.

Honestly disappointed. D1 in D3? Why? Seems stupid to me. Necromancer paid DLC? Well you can see what type of game Diablo is transistioning to now. I think they VASTLY underestimated what Diablo fans wanted, and at the very least, it should NOT of closed the show.

Paid DLC shouldnt be too bad "if" its cheap,.
    but i fear they may get a taste of money and start making more packs rather than work on the expac we need...

Still surprised they didn't went with an expansion along with the necro. My problem is that despite their patches, the content gets old. I already played multiple seasons, I will probably play one with the necro and then be done with it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Durdi View Post
    D3 could have probably been released in 2007-08 if it wasn't reworked for 3 times. We don't really have to wait for D4 or for a new expansion for another decade, really.
    This. 4 years of the time between D2 and D3 was the version of D3 Vivendi scrapped, and led to Blizzard North shutting down, when the top guys quit in protest.

I think 4-5 years for a title like Diablo is reasonable. But, they've had some pretty good staffing issues with Diablo, so that may be slowing things down.

I'm still wondering what the unnanounced Diablo project is? Is it the D1 remake? The D1 and D2 revamps are still being hired for, this D1 inside of D3 is separate, but it's still a D3 project, and they said "New game in the Diablo franchise."

Pearce said they're still commited to the long haul with the game, so there's that, too.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    It wasn't quite what anyone guessed. I don't think anyone considered it'd be paid DLC plus some free stuff and a pseudo-D1 remake. I'm okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    No? Just because we had to wait a decade for D3 doesn't mean we need to for 4. D3 is almost 5 years old, its not so young that a sequel is out of the question.
    Blizzard doesn't make games to be replaced. They make games and keep expanding them. Diablo 3 is going to be the current game for many years silly.

Hell even WC3 is still wildly alive on the hive workshop I have literally 40-50. TFT or better quality campaigns by very talented creators

15+ Year Old Account
    Somewhat disappointed with no new expansion reveal.

I'm sure I'll pick it up again long enough to play through the new stuff and do a season or two with Necro.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Honestly disappointed. D1 in D3? Why? Seems stupid to me. Necromancer paid DLC? Well you can see what type of game Diablo is transistioning to now. I think they VASTLY underestimated what Diablo fans wanted, and at the very least, it should NOT of closed the show.
    D1 in D3 is like the Molten Core rerelease in WoW, for their anniversary, it's just something fun to celebrate with.

And, I don't know if you played D1 - it's not a small game, if they're doing the WHOLE thing, that's a lot of free content. I can't wait, I loved D1!

The Diablo 1 content that's coming is basically just anniversary content (honestly also hope he was joking about the pixelation and movement crap). I don't mind having the Necro in a paid dlc. Aslong as it won't have an expansion price cost.

Keep in mind that the Diablo panel hasn't happened yet. Necromancer isn't an expansion character. D1 in D2 is an added bonus to an existing title, not an announcement of a new one. Usually new games or expansions are not announced during opening ceremonies.

Disappointed with no diablo 2 remaster reveal. I know it was a long shot.

Necromancer for me has to be great, or else I'll probably just give up on diablo 3. Something just isn't hitting the sweet spot for me on diablo 3. They almost did it with crusader (to throw back to paladin) but the lack of build diversity among good crusader builds really ruined it for me at it's launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    D1 in D3 is like the Molten Core rerelease in WoW, for their anniversary, it's just something fun to celebrate with.

And, I don't know if you played D1 - it's not a small game, if they're doing the WHOLE thing, that's a lot of free content. I can't wait, I loved D1!
    At least if the new spells are added,.. healing spell will be nice :P
    I doubt we'll see dex/str/int potions though.

Well, that was underwhelming.