Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I m really disappointed about the D3 Panel. I thought they would come up with something big after this amount of time now.
    We only get new Areas and a new class. And that is all coming in 2017? Sorry but this isnt much for me.
    I thought they would bring up a new Add on with new Maps, new Arc and new class, but now .. meh.

They should bring Necro + another class. If they just bring up Necro, everyone will start one when its released, which I think, is really annoying.
    For me it wasnt great. I think its cool that they support d3 after all, bring new seasons etc, but we have already seasons and for Blizzcon, this wasnt enough for me.

Jeah they bring D1 remake I know but.. dont know.. it was just boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yango View Post
    I m really disappointed about the D3 Panel. I thought they would come up with something big after this amount of time now.
    We only get new Areas and a new class. And that is all coming in 2017? Sorry but this isnt much for me.
    I thought they would bring up a new Add on with new Maps, new Arc and new class, but now .. meh.

They should bring Necro + another class. If they just bring up Necro, everyone will start one when its released, which I think, is really annoying.
    For me it wasnt great. I think its cool that they support d3 after all, bring new seasons etc, but we have already seasons and for Blizzcon, this wasnt enough for me.

It's not even a remake. It's some custom event for D3.

Quote Originally Posted by yango View Post

Why would that annoy you? Because people like to try new things? If they added a second class everyone would play that as well. There is no way around it except to not add any classes at all and quite frankly, I would much rather you live in perpetual annoyance than lose out on the opportunity to play the Necromancer.

I'm so excited to play necro in D3 with his huge army of ... 6 skeletons?

Deleted
    D3 always seems to get the least love at Blizzcon in terms of panel time...

I'm as disappointed as the next person that we got no D4 or D2-HD announcement; however I'll take what I can get. A new class is better than nothing.

I don't mind paying for character packs - I think we already do very well out of Blizzard games (perhaps excluding HotS/Hearthstone, for obvious reasons) in terms of value-for-money with all of the "free" content added in patches. Diablo is a franchise I feel good about supporting.

As for the choice of Necromancer - I'm still not quite convinced (but open for Blizz to persuade me otherwise). Their rationale for why he is so-completely-not-a-Witch-Doctor feels a bit forced, and certainly bringing back another class (or adding a completely new one) would have left them more design space to differentiate. However I trust they will manage to make their D3 iteration of the Necromancer sufficiently different so as to not make it feel like a cash-in on D2 nostalgia.

Reasons the Necromancer isn't a good change: The game is stale and boring, and it'll still be stale and boring. The end.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    - New competitor on the ladder
    New classes are always OP, get ready for some insane PVP
    Did I miss a PvP announcement? I mean I know it'll be awful but still.
    Also too little too late, they could add Amazon and it wouldn't' change how I feel it. I simply cannot stomach this game.
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

10+ Year Old Account
    This was easily the worst Diablo event ever. Hell, I'd be inclined on saying video game event.

2 years without any meaningful content or changes and all we get is...

2 new zones, a class you have to pay for, and a once a year for a month D1 rift type thing. No changes to how the game works, to pvp (which never really got implemented), no trading, no changes to how loot works etc.

I'm not one to be all in that doom and gloom camp, but this is very troubling. And the fact that blizz was so excited to show this off, that Diablo fans would be happy with this, just shows how short sighted and disconnected from the community the D3 devs are. Very sad and unfortunate.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

A good change? It's the beggining of a DLC tsunami. You can say goodbye to a new expansion in the foreseeable future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, not impressed and not buying it (I only play my monk and crusader anyway). Will just play the D1 event and close the game until something else happens again.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    A good change? It's the beggining of a DLC tsunami. You can say goodbye to a new expansion in the foreseeable future.
    I said it also in another thread - if the class DLC is reasonably priced and they are going to deliver gameplay changes (example: paragon revamp) as big patches for free for everyone, i'm fine with it.

The whole point is this: new classes are nice but are not needed to play the game. Having one more for a fraction of an expansion price looks reasonable to me. Insert obvious worries about class balance here. However, if the future development of D3 becomes dishing out a new class every year or so without fixing the major issues the game has, it really becomes something i loathe.

The game has problems on multiple aspects. New classes are good to give fresh air to a stale endgame (challenge rifts are something i really don't get the reason to have apart for some people in need of epeen stroking) but the game as a whole needs some serious changes and content that isn't running GRs for leveling gems to run higher GRs where you don't need a single piece of loot.

Also Paragon sucks as character progression.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I said it also in another thread - if the class DLC is reasonably priced and they are going to deliver gameplay changes (example: paragon revamp) as big patches for free for everyone, i'm fine with it.

The whole point is this: new classes are nice but are not needed to play the game. Having one more for a fraction of an expansion price looks reasonable to me. Insert obvious worries about class balance here. However, if the future development of D3 becomes dishing out a new class every year or so without fixing the major issues the game has, it really becomes something i loathe.

The game has problems on multiple aspects. New classes are good to give fresh air to a stale endgame (challenge rifts are something i really don't get the reason to have apart for some people in need of epeen stroking) but the game as a whole needs some serious changes and content that isn't running GRs for leveling gems to run higher GRs where you don't need a single piece of loot.

Also Paragon sucks as character progression.
    I'm going to buy it, don't get me wrong , because I still have hope even though I also harbour a lot doubts concerning the health of the game.

It's just very dubious to me that they are releasing this "DLC" by the time they could have been almost releasing a new expansion and sticking a price tag on it. After this, there will be precedent and a 2nd DLC will surely follow.

I'm just afraid that they stop thinking about an expansion or delay it by a long time because the DLCs can keep the game afloat economically. And I'm ignoring the problems bringing more classes to the game drags in.. When the game has so many problems that aren't being addressed, such as balance and the fact that a new class will only shake it further.

I will play a necromancer but I still think they might be going be milking the cow instead of breeding it further

Thing is, there will only be a couple of different playstyles that are viable for farming and GRs just like any other class. If I don't like the playstyle, as in I'd rather spends 10s of hours killing things with a different class, the necro is by default worthless for me. This happened with crusader, I just never liked any of their viable playstyles.

Other than the class, who cares about the rest. I don't. A few new zones are nice but hardly something that will reignite my interest in the game.

They're not touching paragon, was answered in Q&A panel. And if they change their mind in half a year/ one year, there won't be anyone left to care.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I'm going to buy it, don't get me wrong , because I still have hope even though I also harbour a lot doubts concerning the health of the game.

It's just very dubious to me that they are releasing this "DLC" by the time they could have been almost releasing a new expansion and sticking a price tag on it. After this, there will be precedent and a 2nd DLC will surely follow.

I'm just afraid that they stop thinking about an expansion or delay it by a long time because the DLCs can keep the game afloat economically. And I'm ignoring the problems bringing more classes to the game drags in.. When the game has so many problems that aren't being addressed, such as balance and the fact that a new class will only shake it further.

I will play a necromancer but I still think they might be going be milking the cow instead of breeding it further
    I also will buy it, given a reasonable price. If anything, showing that the game can still net some money will maybe make Blizzard to invest some more on it. If anything, Blizzcon confirmed to me that D3 is running on a skeleton crew because since the game isn't a blockbuster like say OW there's no reason to invest a lot on it.

Meanwhile OW gets the entire Arcade and a program to support progaming and esports in a very meaningful way, meaning they're going to put quite a bunch of money on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    They're not touching paragon, was answered in Q&A panel. And if they change their mind in half a year/ one year, there won't be anyone left to care.
    I missed that - and that sucks. Really. So D3 future is about getting wings/pets in 5 hours every 3 months as i don't care about ladders and at this point i cannot stand the "hassle" of even doing Guardian.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The class is fine.

Everything around the class (The fact that its paid DLC without an expansion or D2 HD remake or SOMETHING) is what's bad. Its a joke and a slap in the face to fans of Diablo.
    Let's see how much it costs. If it's around 10€ I'd say it's okay. Don't forget that D3 is really cheap overall and does not make Blizz any more Money after it's bought

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone wants necromancer (or some other D2 class.) That's fine, but personally speaking, as excited for the class as I could be, I then think about what I'm actually going to do with him. Rifts. Yup. More rifts. The same rifts, even. Just, over and over and ... it's the same game. Which would be fine if I hadn't been playing it pretty regularly for the last 5 years. This change will pull a lot of attention and get a lot of first week sales, but for those of us bored of the way the game works, this wont breathe any new life into the overall system for us.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Doesn't change anything. Game is boring 1 day into a season necro or not.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    New seasons
    I've played all the classes to max level as far as I want to go. With the new class this gives more incentive and rewards to start a brand new character. At least 2 (male and female).
    New seasons aren't a new thing and it was always worht it to play for afew weeks every season if you're so inclined. Getting only 1 new class might bring in a frew more people but ultimatelly it's not gonna be worht the probably 20-30 bucks

- Two pet classes
    Witcher Doctor you just lost first place, new types of pets to reanimate
    Yeah that's cool though I'm more of a meele player, would've loved werewolf more.

- New zones
    Brand new zones themed around the Necromancer, maybe we will even get a short story of where they came from and how they came to be.
    It will have as much story as Sescheron. (Are you one of those crazy ones who actually lile Sescheron?) Restart the game every 5 minutes to get every little "quests" for a little bit of lore.

- New type of weapon
    Every class needs there reason to be who they are, we will see what happens with the Scythe.
    Great... Also part of the new class deal.

- New competitor on the ladder
    New classes are always OP, get ready for some insane PVP
    Necro wont even have 4 sets. They said they will wait for us to figure out which abilities should get sets.

- Character packs
    This only proves now that they plan to add more classes in the future, of course we have to pay for them but that is the life of a gamer.
    Yeah. More class packs for a shitton. WHen they could have made a full priced expansion with 2-3 new classes in the 3 years it took them to come up with Necro.

- Time to adapt
    Yeah there wasn't a new expansion released, but now you have plenty of time to master the Necromancer class before you grave through another region of Sanctuary.
    You mean tha 2 days it will took to get a build from diablofans? Come on. One class every 2 years for $20 is not a playerfriendly idea.

This game hadn't even had a new patch, even a minor one for the past 3 seasons. And it won't get anything in the near future either. What have they been working on? With new Diablo job listings one would assume they could've at least come up with something.

"We have done our research" Yeah, sure buddy. Must've been emberrassing to be the Diablo guy on that stage after all the other games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paluriien View Post
    Their rationale for why he is so-completely-not-a-Witch-Doctor feels a bit forced,
    But they said it in a big screen. WD is zombies, Necro is skeletons. That is totally different

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrion View Post
    Let's see how much it costs. If it's around 10€ I'd say it's okay. Don't forget that D3 is really cheap overall and does not make Blizz any more Money after it's bought
    That's what they are changing with a $20 class pack every 6 months...
    Last edited by mmoc5337f9d117; 2016-11-08 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    But they said it in a big screen. WD is zombies, Necro is skeletons. That is totally different
    Actually, there is. Maybe not much but in this case, there is a lot more given that the Witch Doctor only has access to zombie dogs. His only other summons are the Gargantuan and the Fetishes, neither of which are "zombies". Also, I should point out, that from the video alone we can see the Necromancer with a fairly sizable amount of skeletons in tow. That's not something you get with the Witch Doctor without very specific skills/items.
    Last edited by Requimortem; 2016-11-08 at 03:23 PM.