How Long to 60mph/100kmh for you?

No, not how fast can your car do it in, though feel free to say it. How long does it take you? I can do it in under 5 seconds, on average I would say I do it in 6-7 seconds, I have places to be. I was told I would "grow out of it" nope, 20 years later I still like to accelerate quickly. I don't understand slow drivers. (0 accidents, 0 tickets) Also, for all you euros, 10 kph = roughly 6 mph.

Something that makes me grind my teeth is hitting a red light on a 45-70 mph road behind a car or two, light goes green, and... it.... takes... FOREVER for people to get up to speed. They aren't driving a damn 60's VW beetle, but modern cars. The majority of 4 cylinder cars today can hit 60 mph from 0 in under 9 seconds, why the hell do people need THIRTY+ seconds to get up to speed? I have to concentrate on my foot to accelerate that slow, it would take effort on my part, it would be less lazy to do it faster.

I understand if you don't want to jam the gas pedal down like I do (time saved/similes per gallon > $) but come on, can you get to speed in 10-12 seconds? I could have a full drink in my car, no lid, and hit 60 in 12 seconds without spilling a drop. I would like to hear from some of you slow pokes out there as to why. Like honestly, I would like to know. So much time could be saved and traffic could move more quickly if you learned to put your foot down. I'm not asking you to annihilate the speed limit, just GET to the limit in decent time, and then let me pass. Then we have the people who have to find another slow driver and stay shoulder to shoulder so that nobody can pass. Again, why? I mean trust me, I'm getting around you, why be a dick about it and make it possibly dangerous?

So I would like to here from you guys, how long do you take to get up to speed when you are front of the pack and the light goes green? If you are one of the slow people described above, are you that fanatic about gas? Don't give a f**k about the people behind you? (or rather trying to annoy them) car in bad shape? Too busy playing with your phone?

Green and bam go. That is me. Most times I just want away from the pack of idiots around me.

I don't know about zero to sixty but I can do the 1/4 mile in about 11.5 seconds at 137 mph in my 2013 GT500.

This one time I was behind a few semi trucks on a highway. Typically a 100km/h zone but we came to a grinding halt, because the semi's had to all turn LEFT onto a dirt road and so you can imagine the wait time with that.

So as soon as the last semi is out of range and I am have a clear shot... BAM, floored it (1996 Ram Half Ton with 5.2L V8). I ended up dislodging something in the exhaust system with that. I forget as I had a friend look at it, but before it was fixed the truck made a load, angry, throaty diesel noise like a 70's sports car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    My car will not go above 60 mph.

7+ Year Old Account
    I accelerate slowly (and also stop slowly when possible) to save on gas. I pretty much never have a reason I need to floor it to take off after a red light, or that I need to roll up to the car stopped in front of me at full speed. Taking it easy on the pedal saves gas, which saves money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    So I would like to here from you guys, how long do you take to get up to speed when you are front of the pack and the light goes green? If you are one of the slow people described above, are you that fanatic about gas? Don't give a f**k about the people behind you? (or rather trying to annoy them) car in bad shape? Too busy playing with your phone?
    If I'm entering the freeway I'll gun it, but besides that, what's the point? I'm not getting to my destination any faster and I'm tired of playing the 'let's rush to the next red light' game.

Granted, most of my driving is to and from work so I know what I can get away with, but I just don't see the point.

Now, if you were to ask, what do you do when you see the pedestrian signals go from walk to the countdown before the light turns yellow, then fuck yeah it's all about making that light and I'll gun it.

Unless there's somebody, who didn't catch the red light I just sat in, barreling down on me from behind then I take my sweet time accelerating while keeping low RPMs and saving fuel.

Driving fast is for the track.

Any asshole that speeds, or otherwise drives recklessly, is an asshole I'd enjoy watching crash burn and die.

Cars are not toys and the road is not a playground.

I can't even watch those YT videos like "burnout fail", where fucking assholes lose control and crash into spectators or other vehicles, without becoming enraged.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I don't like driving too fast. My grandma and my dad both drive like bats out of hell, and they're not exactly defensive either. I think most of my anxiety issues come from being a passenger with them. But when I'm in a hurry (never am, I'm always punctual), or trying to get around a semi that's being a jack ass. I've noticed that my 07 pontiac g6 goes from 0-60 pretty fast.

I'm also from Texas, and the interstates there always made me super nervous. Especially in the greater San Antonio area around I-10 and 410.

If everyone was speeding there would be less traffic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    How Long to 60mph/100kmh for you?
    As quickly as possible IF there are no other cars around. With other people around, I adjust accordingly.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I'm driving something slower I'll floor it when ever starting from a dead stop (if the engine's warm). When I drive something faster I don't feel the need to every time when I blow past everyone regardless.

And 60 miles is not equal to 100 kilometers by the way. Some cars can hit 60 miles per hour in 2nd gear whilst 62 may need a switch to 3rd which can make pretty significant difference in the 0 to 100 km/h times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. Probably takes me about 8-10 seconds usually. I drive a Mazda 3, which is supposed to be 7.5 best time, and I usually only almost floor it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

4.3 seconds.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.