Thread: Class mount

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    the new storm drakes will come later, i think this one looks pretty cool got cool viking horns, alot of spikes, blades, weapons, looks like a stormdrake/proto drake hybrid, i like it, will def be making a tmog to pair with it on my fury warrior

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Probably as bad as the paladins mount. An uninspired proto drake reskin. And ugly AF.
    not a reskin, its a remodel, it just uses the same skeleton... a reskin is the red protodrake, into the ironbround protodrake

Base, red protodrake
    Re-Colour= Same texture, different colours=Green protodrake
    Re-Skin= Same model, Different texture=Ironbound protodrake
    Re-model= Same skeleton, differant model= The phoenix mounts from firelands

I suppose when I think "Mount for a warrior" I'm looking for a mount that would allow my character to fight while they ride.

That and protodrakes are very bottom heavy. So you have all this mount directly below you while you sit up top like a tiny ornament. It's kinda funny really.

Quote Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    Cool mount is cool, I was watching the video and thought to myself "perfect for warriors, gotta dust mine off!" Why would you even want a stormdrake variant? If ppl are complaining about proto drakes, that shits from wrath, the stormdrakes are LIT-RALLY dragons 1.0 skeletons. But I guess most of you complainy pantsies weren't even playing the game back then to begin with. Sick mount, 8/10 would ride again and again
    Been around since the original vanilla beta bud.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

15+ Year Old Account
    I like it. Although will always defer to my Plagued Proto-Drake.

It's not too bad, though I generally prefer smaller, more agile mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the new storm drakes will come later, i think this one looks pretty cool got cool viking horns, alot of spikes, blades, weapons, looks like a stormdrake/proto drake hybrid, i like it, will def be making a tmog to pair with it on my fury warrior

- - - Updated - - -

not a reskin, its a remodel, it just uses the same skeleton... a reskin is the red protodrake, into the ironbround protodrake

Base, red protodrake
    Um, okay. thanks for pointing out a technicality, I guess....

Deleted
    Well whatever gotta level a shaman for their mount

Um, okay. thanks for pointing out a technicality, I guess....
    its just annoying when people go "GOD THIS SKIN IS SUCH A RESKIN" when its COMPLETELY DIFFERENT its only using the same skeleton

its just annoying when people go "GOD THIS SKIN IS SUCH A RESKIN" when its COMPLETELY DIFFERENT its only using the same skeleton
    But it is a reskin. Looks like a protodrake, moves like a protodrake, flies like a protodrake, looks like a protodrake, ergo, it must be a protodrake. By your logic, a remodel should occur when they take the skeletal frame and use it in another animal type, like a bat or a big feathery bird. This is a reskin, and a terrible looking one at that.

Deleted
    But it is a reskin. Looks like a protodrake, moves like a protodrake, flies like a protodrake, looks like a protodrake, ergo, it must be a protodrake. By your logic, a remodel should occur when they take the skeletal frame and use it in another animal type, like a bat or a big feathery bird. This is a reskin, and a terrible looking one at that.
    Everything is just a reskin of atoms BrokeBack

except a protodrake doesent have horns, or a tail blade..
    read my example

Base, red protodrake

the phoenixes from firelands, and the protodrake share the same skeleton but DIFFERANT MODELS

a differant model, is when the geometry of a model is changed, or completely differant

so let me get this straight for ya...
    here is the red proto drake

Now, this is the green proto drake, notice how the ONLY THING that is changed it the colour? that is a recolour

now here we got the ironbound protodrake, notice how both the colour, but also the textures on the dragon are differant? runes, metalic look, this is called a reskin, same model, differant texture

and this is the reins of galakras, notice how the colours, textures, AND the model is differant, the model has armor, gaches, stuff added like the tusks, THIS is a remodel, same skeleton, but the model ontop of the skeleton, is differant

EVEN THIS MOUNT is a remodel of the proto drake, it looks 10000 times differant, but uses the same skeleton, you can see this by its shape, animations and how it stands

so now
    does this look like it shares the same model, or even texture as the red protodrake? or any drake on that matter

yes it shares the same skeleton though... so what does that make it? a... a ... remodel?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-11-05 at 04:51 AM.

Some of these mounts are cool but what I am wondering and IDK if its been said or not but some are clearly flying are all these class mounts going to be able to fly? if not that sorta sucks for the ones that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I suppose when I think "Mount for a warrior" I'm looking for a mount that would allow my character to fight while they ride.

That and protodrakes are very bottom heavy. So you have all this mount directly below you while you sit up top like a tiny ornament. It's kinda funny really.

Been around since the original vanilla beta bud.
    and a beast covered in weapons, a tail made for cleaving enemies in two, jaws able to crush metal, tusks and horns for goreing enemies, but yeah guess its better then just a dragon with nothing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    Some of these mounts are cool but what I am wondering and IDK if its been said or not but some are clearly flying are all these class mounts going to be able to fly? if not that sorta sucks for the ones that don't.
    they all do, he said it at the end of the video "you will be able to fly on all of them cause well... you will be able to fly!" hes getting us very excited for flying in 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    Yes, all the class mounts can fly.

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

I thought this was kind of cool until the others ones came on screen that were actually unique or more fitting for a class.
    Granted, it is hard to have something that captures the feel of warrior for every race - but a WoTLK creature with a rather developmentally challenged face is not anything I feel is worthwhile as a "class mount".

There's a small handful of these that actually just feel like that in general. I'm looking at rogues mainly. Maybe mage.
    There's a huge discrepancy with these in general.

I think it looks great, and don't really mind that it uses the protodrake skeleton. Save the felbat (and maybe the elemental...?), all of the class mounts use old skeletons.

Reminds me of the Throne of Thunder meta mount... I kinda like it! Prefer the Shaman/Rogue/DK mounts, but the Warrior is far from the worst.

and a beast covered in weapons, a tail made for cleaving enemies in two, jaws able to crush metal, tusks and horns for goreing enemies, but yeah guess its better then just a dragon with nothing

- - - Updated - - -

they all do, he said it at the end of the video "you will be able to fly on all of them cause well... you will be able to fly!" hes getting us very excited for flying in 7.2
    I worded it poorly.

I mean I see a Warriors mount being something that a warrior can ride while also fighting.

Not a mount that does the fighting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I think it looks great, and don't really mind that it uses the protodrake skeleton. Save the felbat (and maybe the elemental...?), all of the class mounts use old skeletons.
    Monk uses the old tiger
    Warlock and pally use horse
    Priest uses gryphon, hunter uses wyvern
    mage uses disc
    Warrior is protdrake
    Shaman is half disc half new one
    Rogue is the stormcrow
    Felbat has a bat mount in the files, but no use currently
    druid uses the ashes of alar
    death knight uses dragon

so the only one with a original skeleton, that no other mount in the game shares, is the shaman mount mostly
    (yes demon hunter sorta, but there is another felbat mount in the files, we may get later)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I worded it poorly.

I mean I see a Warriors mount being something that a warrior can ride while also fighting.

Not a mount that does the fighting for them.
    eh, anything flying will have a hard time allowing a warrior to fight on them, you know, the issue of wings and such...
    it would need to be on the ground, with no wings, for a warrior to fight on it, any mount, really any mount in the sky would either have wings in the way, or the mount would have to be very small to allow the warrior to be able to get close enough infront to be able to be stabbed

a warrior could fight on a horse, running past a target and swinging at them, but with wings, they get in the way

so please, show me a flying mount, that could be warrior ish, that a warrior could fight on?

anything that flies, that screams warrior will either be too big, have wings that get in the way of fighting, or will be a flying horse.. .and yeah im sure you would be happy with a flying horse on your warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks badass to me, I'll happily work toward it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    I thought this was kind of cool until the others ones came on screen that were actually unique or more fitting for a class.
    Granted, it is hard to have something that captures the feel of warrior for every race - but a WoTLK creature with a rather developmentally challenged face is not anything I feel is worthwhile as a "class mount".

There's a small handful of these that actually just feel like that in general. I'm looking at rogues mainly. Maybe mage.
    There's a huge discrepancy with these in general.
    The big issue with Warrior is kinda that their class fantasy when it comes down to it is tied to PvP.

All the mounts that would work well for Warrior are PvP mounts.
    All the titles that would work well are PvP titles (infact in beta their title was a PvP title for a time untill blizzzard remembered)
    If they had a hall themed on warriors it would look a bit like a PvP hub, loaded with soldiers and armaments.

So we ended up with Vrykul themed everything. But many players, rightfully, didnt care for that. So the Warrior mount is decidedly not Vrykul based at all. But likewise its not really all that warrior looking either imo. The perfect class mount for Warrior, that would fit many races, would have been the PvP Drake mount. But, well, thats taken. So we instead get what happens when a Proto-drake and a Thorignir have a baby. Minus the bitchin' tattoos.

- - - Updated - - -

Monk uses the old tiger
    Warlock and pally use horse
    Priest uses gryphon, hunter uses wyvern
    mage uses disc
    Warrior is protdrake
    Shaman is half disc half new one
    Rogue is the stormcrow
    Felbat has a bat mount in the files, but no use currently
    druid uses the ashes of alar
    death knight uses dragon

so the only one with a original skeleton, that no other mount in the game shares, is the shaman mount mostly
    (yes demon hunter sorta, but there is another felbat mount in the files, we may get later)

- - - Updated - - -

eh, anything flying will have a hard time allowing a warrior to fight on them, you know, the issue of wings and such...
    it would need to be on the ground, with no wings, for a warrior to fight on it, any mount, really any mount in the sky would either have wings in the way, or the mount would have to be very small to allow the warrior to be able to get close enough infront to be able to be stabbed

a warrior could fight on a horse, running past a target and swinging at them, but with wings, they get in the way

so please, show me a flying mount, that could be warrior ish, that a warrior could fight on?

anything that flies, that screams warrior will either be too big, have wings that get in the way of fighting, or will be a flying horse.. .and yeah im sure you would be happy with a flying horse on your warrior
    Half the class mounts a warrior could fight on just fine. Doesnt exactly need to be able to fight while both flying and while grounded. The Dragon mount the warrior wouldnt be able to fight on ever, whereas, say, a warrior on the hunter Wolf-gryph would have little problem using a weapon. when not flying.