Thread: Class mount

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Warrior mount is pretty damn cool compared to my Paladin's "new" class mount. They didn't even try there at all.

wtb better class rep in blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Aucifer View Post
    wtb better class rep in blizzard
    What? Dont you like our current rep (because blizzard has stated they have specific people who play warrior work on warrior) who has a thing for vikings and is hell bent on making us into vikings based on marvel mythology?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Worst mount? Worst order hall? Are you kidding me? Rogues say hi.

As for this mount, I like it quite a bit. I've always loved proto-drakes, so consider that a bias if you will, but I think its a pretty slick mount. It has armor but it doesn't seem -too- crazy, and I like the lil bag with weapons in it. The one thing I dont like about it is those weird forward-curving horns on its head.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    Worst mount? Worst order hall? Are you kidding me? Rogues say hi.

As for this mount, I like it quite a bit. I've always loved proto-drakes, so consider that a bias if you will, but I think its a pretty slick mount. It has armor but it doesn't seem -too- crazy, and I like the lil bag with weapons in it. The one thing I dont like about it is those weird forward-curving horns on its head.
    Yes, poor Rogues with their hall that is actually themed on Rogues and a mount thats interesting and unique and not just a rehash of a mount we've had multiple times over.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Yes, poor Rogues with their hall that is actually themed on Rogues and a mount thats interesting and unique and not just a rehash of a mount we've had multiple times over.
    Rehashed sewer from old WotLK Dalaran vs. brand new shining golden warrior heaven
    reskinned Rukhmar mount vs. a brand new proto-drake model

seriously, what isn't warrior-themed about friggin' Valhalla? What were you wanting? What is "warrior-themed" to you in the context of WoW?

Rehashed sewer from old WotLK Dalaran vs. brand new shining golden warrior heaven

seriously, what isn't warrior-themed about friggin' Valhalla? What were you wanting? What is "warrior-themed" to you in the context of WoW?
    Toppy likes nothing about the newfound lore surrounding warriors in WoW. No real sense in debating it with him. Trust me, I know from experience...

Devs have themselves admitted the warrior hall and story in Legion is not based on warriors. Theres really no argument here.

And WoW Valhalla has very little in common with mythological valhalla.

I would have liked a hall or storyline based on war featuring at least SOME of the playable races. You could have put any other class in the place of warrior and it would have fit just as well. It really wouldnt have been hard, no other class focuses on war and battle. They all tend to be themed on something else but maybe featuring it. Like DK just go around hitting places for the sake of raising the dead, but small scale till the end, but the big part in these is the dark magics. Paladins are all about the light. Rogues are going around doing sneaky stuff.

Meanwhile warriors are like, fighting a worm? Going on an adventure in Ulduar? All of this with some Vrykul who are established as more than just warriors. In the halls of valor there are casters and hunters not just warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    Toppy likes nothing about the newfound lore surrounding warriors in WoW. No real sense in debating it with him. Trust me, I know from experience...
    The devs themselves admit that the "newfound lore" isnt about warriors. They went to tell a Vrykul story, not a warrior one.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2016-11-28 at 05:52 AM.

Devs have themselves admitted the warrior hall and story in Legion is not based on warriors. Theres really no argument here.

And WoW Valhalla has very little in common with mythological valhalla.

I would have liked a hall or storyline based on war featuring at least SOME of the playable races. You could have put any other class in the place of warrior and it would have fit just as well.
    When did they say that? I musta missed it. I feel like it's pretty warriory myself, even if its all about the Vrykul and not so much the more humble races. Vrykul are all about their warriors and the glory of battle and I think that fits pretty darn well. I disagree that you could put any class there and have it work.

What else would they do, though, I genuinely wonder? Like... just a big base full of weapons and training dummies? Seems a lil bland in comparison.

When did they say that? I musta missed it. I feel like it's pretty warriory myself, even if its all about the Vrykul and not so much the more humble races. Vrykul are all about their warriors and the glory of battle and I think that fits pretty darn well. I disagree that you could put any class there and have it work.

What else would they do, though, I genuinely wonder? Like... just a big base full of weapons and training dummies? Seems a lil bland in comparison.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...nd-Order-Halls

At one point they did state they shelved the original idea of having multiple races in the Order Hall because "it didnt feel right having Lothar and Grom in the same place". So they redid the warrior order and hell and themed it on Vrykul. Early in the alpha we actually datamined a LOT of warriors which were more than likely going to be in the hall, and have since then not appeared anywhere. Originally one of our followers was Nazgrim.

There is a list of NPCs on wowpedia: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Skyhold#Speculation

The problem with this being that Vrykul are NOT all about their warriors. Their women aspire to be what is essentially Paladins. The Halls of Valor are full of casters and hunters. Yes it has warriors, but it also has many others. The Halls of Valor would fit any other class just as well as warrior. Please tell me why, say, a Paladin does not fit but warrior does? Or even a Mage, considering Odynn lets in spell casters? Heck, a lot of the story doesnt make sense given that every class gets to go there and Odynn blesses every class as super amazing and the most worthy of fighters. Heck you're not even the leader of the order like every other class.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...nd-Order-Halls

At one point they did state they shelved the original idea of having multiple races in the Order Hall because "it didnt feel right having Lothar and Grom in the same place". So they redid the warrior order and hell and themed it on Vrykul. Early in the alpha we actually datamined a LOT of warriors which were more than likely going to be in the hall, and have since then not appeared anywhere. Originally one of our followers was Nazgrim.

There is a list of NPCs on wowpedia: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Skyhold#Speculation

The problem with this being that Vrykul are NOT all about their warriors. Their women aspire to be what is essentially Paladins. The Halls of Valor are full of casters and hunters. Yes it has warriors, but it also has many others. The Halls of Valor would fit any other class just as well as warrior. Please tell me why, say, a Paladin does not fit but warrior does? Or even a Mage, considering Odynn lets in spell casters? Heck, a lot of the story doesnt make sense given that every class gets to go there and Odynn blesses every class as super amazing and the most worthy of fighters. Heck you're not even the leader of the order like every other class.
    They said it didn't feel right having them in this Vrykul place--meaning it was Vrykul themed from the start.

I could see Skyhold working decently for Paladins, maybe, but not really any others. Odyn labels everyone champions after we've proven ourselves and such, yes, but the overall theme is still vikings and valkyries and sword n' board glory-of-battle stuff. We can equip staves and bows, do you think we'd fit in at the Mage order hall or or the Hunter one? Don't be silly.

I'd love to see more racial influence, sure, but that goes for everything. Hell, they keep thrusting owl stuff onto Druids, and Darkspear trolls don't worship birds, lol.

They said it didn't feel right having them in this Vrykul place--meaning it was Vrykul themed from the start.

I could see Skyhold working decently for Paladins, maybe, but not really any others. Odyn labels everyone champions after we've proven ourselves and such, yes, but the overall theme is still vikings and valkyries and sword n' board glory-of-battle stuff. We can equip staves and bows, do you think we'd fit in at the Mage order hall or or the Hunter one? Don't be silly.

I'd love to see more racial influence, sure, but that goes for everything. Hell, they keep thrusting owl stuff onto Druids, and Darkspear trolls don't worship birds, lol.
    My point was the hall isnt themed on Warrior. Its themed on Vrykul. Which is entirely against the point of order halls. They flat out admit its not about warriors.

I never said we'd fit in the mage or hunter hall, because we wouldn't, those are blatantly themed on hunter and mage. Its full of iconic hunters and mages, the quests deal directly with hunter and mage stuff. Everything about them screams hunter and mage. You dont have, say, robe wearing spell casters in the hunter hall like you do the warrior. Warrior deals directly with titan stuff. The champions we recruit aren't really iconic warriors. In some cases they are known to use lots of magic (Thorim who uses lots of lightning, or Ymiron who has always used spirit magic, and is pretty much a DK in MaW) or devices you'd expect from other classes (a horn that summons dragons). The way we unlock any of them is stuff anyone can do and is in no way related to warriors. If you weren't told Halls of Valor was a warrior hall, would you know it?

I mean hell, not even half our followers even wear plate.

Warriors as WoW has them were never based on vikings and certainly not based on Valkyries: which are more so paladin leaning: religious women following a god like figure, said god like figure gifting them light based magics whose job it is to fly down on angelic wings and save the souls of those who fell in battle, once more, not just warriors. Blizzard could have made Vrykul warrior based in Legion, but they didn't. Not even the dungeon is warrior themed. Our leader isn't really a warrior. He blesses people with magic and predominately fights with runes, fire, and lightning.

You bring up race stuff, and yes, some halls do kind of ignore other races. Paladin is especially bad in this. But they do not ignore ALL races. They do not ignore all other established lore. Halls of Valor is entirely new which makes it all the more frustrating that there is nothing at all warrior related about it because they had all the chances in the world to do that and didn't.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2016-11-28 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it looks cool but I would have preferred one of the storm drakes with unique armor.

When it comes to the mount I feel like the warrior mount was shown in an incomplete form. Look at the actual textures and coloration, they are quite basic compared to most of the others. While obviously we can't know for sure, I'll wait til live to pass judgement.

My point was the hall isnt themed on Warrior. Its themed on Vrykul. Which is entirely against the point of order halls. They flat out admit its not about warriors.
    I think the problem was/is that they ran into the old Horde vs Alliance problem, and had to pick a neutral "warrior" theme. Thing is, a warrior theme for Horde warriors and one for Alliance warriors involve very different concepts and ideas. And even within the factions themselves there is major division in concepts. In a lot of ways the theme behind each racial faction plays heavily into the theme for their warriors.

Warriors are unique like that, they're identities aren't really separate from their origins in the way that mages, shamans, rogues, even hunters, are. So a class hall that really worked for one set of warriors, really wouldn't work for another set. So they had to go with something foreign to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I think the problem was/is that they ran into the old Horde vs Alliance problem, and had to pick a neutral "warrior" theme. Thing is, a warrior theme for Horde warriors and one for Alliance warriors involve very different concepts and ideas. And even within the factions themselves there is major division in concepts. In a lot of ways the theme behind each racial faction plays heavily into the theme for their warriors.

Warriors are unique like that, they're identities aren't really separate from their origins in the way that mages, shamans, rogues, even hunters, are. So a class hall that really worked for one set of warriors, really wouldn't work for another set. So they had to go with something foreign to everyone.
    Why are Dark Rangers getting along with Sentinels? (or blood elves with sentinels for that matter)

Why are shadow priests tolerated at all in the giant light hall?

Why are troll and orc mages getting along with the humans and elves?

Why is it that warlocks and rogues are able to come together for a common goal outside their groups despite being largely self centered?

I dont get why people say warrior do not share a common theme when they do. Its in their name: WAR. No other class really has that theme either. That theme would fit every race. That theme is something no other class capitalizes on.

It was blizzards job to do something with warriors that would work. On this forum itself there have been numerous ideas pitched that would have worked.

The problem isnt the horde vs alliance. The problem is blizzard went into this wanting to put all these races in a vrykul heaven and of course it didn't work. Its why we datamined GHOSTS in the first alpha build. It was a flawed concept from the get go, and blizzard decided to forget making it about warriors and stick with the Vrykul because they didnt want to bother making new concepts or material: Skyhold was done, we were stuck with Skyhold. They showed Skyhold at blizzcon.

In Legion, Warriors did not get a campaign or a hall. We got a longer Stormheim.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Legion, Warriors did not get a campaign or a hall.
    Are we playing the same game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMathan View Post
    The Warrior mount is pretty damn cool compared to my Paladin's "new" class mount. They didn't even try there at all.
    I've admittedly got less sympathy for a class in which the words "class mount" will not only not be new in 7.2, but haven't been new since vanilla. Ofc there's Warlocks and DKs, but Paladins actually have more than any other as well, as well as the only one to have had a race specific version.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Are we playing the same game?
    If you take his quote out of context like that I suppose it better suits your perspective huh?
    Last edited by KrotosTheTank; 2016-12-14 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    If you take his quote out of context like that I suppose it better suits your perspective huh?
    No, not really because considering the context of the post, he said Warriors did not get a campaign or a hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    No, not really because considering the context of the post, he said Warriors did not get a campaign or a hall.
    No you very much took it out of context.

Warriors did not any sort of class hall or campaign. They received a vrykul questline and a vrykul questhub.