Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always find it interesting how big corporations give people a hard time on refunds and stocking prices while my small business of less than 100 employees does not.

Deleted
    Aren't there free demo's anymore these days to try things out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    They are. Its called piracy.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    They are. Its called piracy.
    The new "freeware"

Scummy practices from one of the most hated companies in the world? Sounds like EA to me.

BF1 had both a closed and open beta.

Ontopic: Went to sleep, woke up and some more people jumped on the lets hate EA bandwagon before even thinking about what the OP said.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    I do actually have an image of it on my phone....shouldn't have to take such precautions in any case IMO!
    Then send that to EA.

Deleted
    i had no problems with it.

i bought battlefield 1, played it for a few hours, went to bed and the refunded it the next day. i was actually impressed how quick and easy their refund system is compared to steam. got my refund almost instantly after applying for one.

i was a bit worried i wouldn't be able to get a refund, but ea actually surprised me in a good way for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not in my experience or many others. Also to all the other stuff you said, what other AAA game company doesn't. Last checked this isn't a rant about EA thread MR Mod.

There is many things to bitch at EA about, but they are no different then any other AAA company.

Edit: OP has made claims without backing up anything, Not even there claim about posting on the official forms.

So I feel this thread is quite pointless.
    Why do you even doubt that I posted this issue on official forums when I've told you so. I can link it ot you if you want but I don't see the point.
    I am not going to send you my bank history info which you seem to want. You have nothing to do with that. I'm not going to sit here and edit 500 million images in order to remove personal information just so you can accept that I've bought the game and sent a refund request withing about 20 minutes.

Do I have to prove to you what I ate for breakfast as well?

- - - Updated - - -

BF1 had both a closed and open beta.

Ontopic: Went to sleep, woke up and some more people jumped on the lets hate EA bandwagon before even thinking about what the OP said.
    Oh, okay. So because I had stuff to do during that time I should get ripped off because I didn't form an opinion during a limited time span back in the day?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asiwassaying View Post
    Your fault for trusting EA and using Origin. Why not preorder a game and complain about how it sucks next?

However. If you're just putting out a warning, thanks. But people who still trust EA will have to be burned before they learn.
    I did not preorder it. It's a warning for you, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown User View Post
    Claims to have a screenshot of the vanished refund request but doesn't link it? Check.
    Claims to have made a post about the issue on the official forums but doesn't link it? Check.

Yeah, EA are the scammers here.

- - - Updated - - -

While I agree with the rest of your post, EA's business practices are extremely questionable and shady, you are wrong about this. If you think EA support is bad I hope you never have to experience Valve's support.
    Sorry, I'm not goingo to go through the hassle of finding an image on my phone in the file explorer, edit it to remove personal info and post it here just because you don't even believe the basic premise of this post...

I can link the post, don't seen the reason why though: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/SCAN...676005#M230060

Edit: At least valve gives you refunds per agreement...
    Last edited by mittacc; 2016-11-05 at 11:29 AM.

Sry its not really a informative post im about to type out but ive never had a problem with EA, or its desktop app Origin.
    Not sure why the hate train about it..well i know the die hard steam fans reason but personally its not even worth my time bothering about which platform is better as long as it loads up my shit.

Answering your post in order....

1) What the fuck is a rooster of a feather.... Yes there is a reason to get info from ur system. Depending on what you said to get a refund (Lots say the game didn't work right) they will ask to run a diagnostic on ur drivers. It even states before you accept the diagnostic on what they will collect. If they collect 1...just 1 thing not listed you can in fact sue the living shit out of them.

2) Yes company's collect data in order to show people adds and sell them products. They collect that data by legal means and when a company requests to run a diagnostic, They state what will be collected.

3) It is fraud to lie about a refund policy. The question is did you meet the requirements of the refund policy. We don't know since you didn't provide screen shots of.....ANYTHING. It would not be the first time someone bitched about a refund they did not qualify for.

All we have is ur word and what you claim EA's word is.
    Some variation of a mountain from a molehill, if that version is perhaps more familiar.
    Taking something small and making it much bigger than it actually is.

In some cases, not in others.
    It is apparently costly to produce them, and I know of one developer who stopped producing demo's as the conversion rate compared to direct sales was so small.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Honestly, I'm shocked anyone is defending EA - to the point where I can't help but think you work for their PR department. Everything they do is a scam. They scam their employees with the worst industry employment practices in the gaming industry - forcing employees to work as much as 84 hours a week without overtime pay on threat of being fired. They were sued, via class-action lawsuits no less, three times in the past decade for this - and they keep doing it. It's also virtually impossible to leave EA once you work there, because they as a matter of practice will not give you positive referrals to other companies in the industry.

Everything they make, they think "how can we sell the maximum amount of copies, with the most amount of hype, while producing the least work, and the shittiest end product possible" - that's their unspoken modus operandi. Everything they produce is either derivative sports game of 20XX, or a broken piece of shit. They don't allow consumers to sell on their used games to their friends, their DRM is some of the most toxic malware ever produced, their downloadable content and micro-transaction schemes are the scummiest ever devised. Their games are all scams off their consumers.

They cannibalize the industry - buying up smaller studios to maintain their good will with titles that were previously successful so they can reap the benefit of producing Formerly Good Game 2 and Formerly Good Game 3, and 4, and 5, etc - until they burn out the good will the original created. They have personally and intentionally ruined some of the best game franchises in history. They are toxic to the industry and gaming as a genre.

Their customer support is basically a giant middle finger - they only pick up the phone to take delight in telling customers to screw off.

So, you're a support tech for Origin then? Don't take it personally - but EA is horrible.
    Still not a scam. They are simply acting like absolute douchebags, and they are a cancer in the gaming industry, but still not a scam. Everyone bloody knows that they do those things. A scam would be if they lied about it to their consumers, but they don't. Also, you must clearly be working with Valve or something to be so angry at EA, or you are just arguing like a kid.

I don't think anyone here says EA is a good company in any way, and so many things to be mad about. Their push of pre-orders, raising prices, 50-dollar season passes, DLC for days, releasing games clearly made to add DLC upon so they feel lackluster, ridiculously expensive game editions, bad work practices and so on. But that in no way make them scam-artists, as they actually don't scam people. People are just stupid enough to actually support their practice. Also, having actually had experience with their support, it is actually okay. Compared to Valve it is miles ahead. I once had to try and refund Heroes 6 because it did not work on my graphics card for some weird reason, and I had to start making elaborate legal threats before they gave me a damn refund.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Then you contact EAs customer support. Customer support doesnt know why you are contacting them. Hence the system data information they request. Submit the information about your computer/drivers and send them a message.

Its that simple.

Judging by what he's said so far, Id bet he's done this MULTIPLE times.
    I really don't see what the problem is with doing it multiple times? This is literally why I just pirate games before I actually buy them. Why would I buy a game just to be forced to keep it? What the fuck ever happened to demos?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i had no problems with it.

i bought battlefield 1, played it for a few hours, went to bed and the refunded it the next day. i was actually impressed how quick and easy their refund system is compared to steam. got my refund almost instantly after applying for one.

i was a bit worried i wouldn't be able to get a refund, but ea actually surprised me in a good way for once.
    The fact that you have to "apply" for a refund "of a digital product that doesn't depreciate like a disk" is fucking bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's to keep people from buying and refunding the game every day to essentially play for free.
    There should be a set number, with a warning telling you when you're on your final refund for a specific product.

Deleted
    Jokes on you, never buy anything from EA - they're scam artists.
    Your statement is bullshit and you know it.

Honestly, I'm shocked anyone is defending EA - to the point where I can't help but think you work for their PR department. Everything they do is a scam. They scam their employees with the worst industry employment practices in the gaming industry - forcing employees to work as much as 84 hours a week without overtime pay on threat of being fired. They were sued, via class-action lawsuits no less, three times in the past decade for this - and they keep doing it. It's also virtually impossible to leave EA once you work there, because they as a matter of practice will not give you positive referrals to other companies in the industry.

Everything they make, they think "how can we sell the maximum amount of copies, with the most amount of hype, while producing the least work, and the shittiest end product possible" - that's their unspoken modus operandi. Everything they produce is either derivative sports game of 20XX, or a broken piece of shit. They don't allow consumers to sell on their used games to their friends, their DRM is some of the most toxic malware ever produced, their downloadable content and micro-transaction schemes are the scummiest ever devised. Their games are all scams off their consumers.

They cannibalize the industry - buying up smaller studios to maintain their good will with titles that were previously successful so they can reap the benefit of producing Formerly Good Game 2 and Formerly Good Game 3, and 4, and 5, etc - until they burn out the good will the original created. They have personally and intentionally ruined some of the best game franchises in history. They are toxic to the industry and gaming as a genre.

Their customer support is basically a giant middle finger - they only pick up the phone to take delight in telling customers to screw off.

So, you're a support tech for Origin then? Don't take it personally - but EA is horrible.
    What year is this, 2005?

I must say,many of the games I had the most fun with the last few years were developed by dice and Bioware and SHOCKING they were published by EA.

I neither felt scammed playing them, not felt the desire to sell my used games to friends because I dont feel the need to do that with my steam games either and generally they werent expensive to begin with.

People can CHOOSE not to buy the latest FIFA or NFS you know? Taking advantage of the market doesnt make them scam artists.

EA today is not the same EA of the past. You chose to ignore the positive trend EA has undergone in the last 5 years.
    Ubisoft and Activision are cash-cowing the genres I actually care for, yet I dont see you on a crusade on them.
    Last edited by mmocd03f375e36; 2016-11-05 at 12:02 PM.

Step 1: Never buy a game from EA ever again.
    Step 2: Step 1

They don't even make games good enough to pirate these days, dunno why you would give them money.
    Working on my next ban.

It's to keep people from buying and refunding the game every day to essentially play for free.
    Seems like that's something that would be easily preventable by other means.
    Anyway Steam is even worse customer support wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I really don't see what the problem is with doing it multiple times? This is literally why I just pirate games before I actually buy them. Why would I buy a game just to be forced to keep it? What the fuck ever happened to demos?

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that you have to "apply" for a refund "of a digital product that doesn't depreciate like a disk" is fucking bonkers.
    well it makes sense to me, i didn't find it a taxing procedure. i just clicked refund game, set the reason as other and clicked accept, 2mins later my refund was processed. its a million times better than the bs that is steam refunds at least.

I would just like to remind everyone here defending EA that they recently blocked entire countries out, locked accounts, games gone, everything.

All of which they blamed on "embargo"
    But somehow, that's not even remotely an issue for every other business like Valve and Blizzard? Weowowwowow.
    Don't come crying when it suddenly happens to you.

You sound like a real bright person who does plenty of research before buying products. I don't think I have ever returned a video game. Always knew what I was getting before I bought it and was satisfied with my purchase. Maybe you should just get a gamefly account(or w/e) since you clearly have terrible decision making skills in this arena.

- - - Updated - - -

ROFL. That number is one. If you buy something and get a refund for it buying it again is admitting you never wanted the refund in the first place.
    Vegas? What's up with all the personal insults? "research!" what does that have to do with anything. There are games that look great that get greaat reviews that I haven't liked when I buy them, GTA 5 being one of them. I've played every other one; however, just couldn't get into it. I looked it up and all but you don't really know until you're hands on and playing it yourself. Also I don't play enough games to justify 15 dollars a month. I don't even buy that many games worth a year.

What's up with the bitchy attitude towards me? Like dude chill the fuck out.