Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    As far as the singleton/Reno style decks I'd like to see them print more "Regrowth" style effects like in Magic. Currently there are a few cards that do this in Priest/Shaman but once Reno is gone the Highlander deck reverts back to a one trick one and done pony. Having the ability to recur both spells and creatures, randomly and selectively would go a long way to giving that style of deck legs beyond of course just reprinting Reno.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    This expansion have been interesting so far. As a priest hater for the most part, I ended up ranking to rank 5 with dragon priest. Dragon operative is such a powerful and fun card.

Hope they release new dragons to cover the loss of the old ones.

I wouldn't count on it, just as there are only a few random Mech synergy cards legal now that GVG rotated.

Dragon Priest would need an absurd amount of cards printed to remain viable, basically the entire deck rotates out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    I wouldn't count on it, just as there are only a few random Mech synergy cards legal now that GVG rotated.

Dragon Priest would need an absurd amount of cards printed to remain viable, basically the entire deck rotates out.
    Hard to say, they kept printing Dragon (synergy) for Karazhan and MSOG despite the fact that BRM and TGT will soon rotate out.

I know they also printed some mech cards in LoE / TGT but they were never Class Cards, while Priest received two Dragon Synergy cards in MSOG.

Aside from that, i think a lot of people enjoy playing Dragon decks.

It's entirely possible that Dragon priest will be lacking a lot of slots once TGT / BRM rotates out of standard, but then they printed two freaking cards in MSOG that are soon to be useless for a class that really needed a boost.

They can't just keep printing replacements for the archetype to keep it afloat though. I honestly think it's more likely they enabled the archetype on a short-term basis than a signal they intend to print massive amounts of new dragons.

Dragon Priest loses Twilight Whelp, Wyrmrest Agent, Blackwing Technician, Twilight Guardian, Blackwing Corruptor, and Brann Bronzebeard. Three of these cards are absolutely vital (Whelp, Agent, and Guardian) because without the early curve Dragon just has no game. The other stuff you could do without, I guess, but those cards would need replacements that serve the same function.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can't just keep printing replacements for the archetype to keep it afloat though. I honestly think it's more likely they enabled the archetype on a short-term basis than a signal they intend to print massive amounts of new dragons.

Dragon Priest loses Twilight Whelp, Wyrmrest Agent, Blackwing Technician, Twilight Guardian, Blackwing Corruptor, and Brann Bronzebeard. Three of these cards are absolutely vital (Whelp, Agent, and Guardian) because without the early curve Dragon just has no game. The other stuff you could do without, I guess, but those cards would need replacements that serve the same function.
    I play a reno dragon priest that only has 1 Agent and 1 Guardian and none of the rest of those cards...so they aren't as vital as you seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    I play a reno dragon priest that only has 1 Agent and 1 Guardian and none of the rest of those cards...so they aren't as vital as you seem to think.
    In other words you don't play Dragon Priest. You play a Reno deck that happens to run a couple dragons. This is like saying Flame Imp isn't vital in Zoo because you don't run 2 of them in Reno Warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other words you don't play Dragon Priest. You play a Reno deck that happens to run a couple dragons. This is like saying Flame Imp isn't vital in Zoo because you don't run 2 of them in Reno Warlock.
    Tomato/tomahto. I have historian, agent, operative, potion, faerie, azure, wrathion, curator, bookworm, guardian. Seems like I have plenty of dragons to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Tomato/tomahto. I have historian, agent, operative, potion, faerie, azure, wrathion, curator, bookworm, guardian. Seems like I have plenty of dragons to me.
    Eh. I agree with @Mahourai. You're really running Reno Dragon priest, which isn't the same as regular Dragon Priest. Like, at all. Win conditions and playstyle are quite different.

I mean, thats like calling a Renomage the same as Tempo Mage. Which would be crazy.

Although I do think Mahourai is crazy if he's complaining about Patches...

On the topic, I do like some niche cards because Blizzard there are literally 4 separate formats beside Standard (Wild Constructed, Arena, Tavern Brawl, and Adventures)...but a lot of these cards they're printing are just garbage that don't look like they'll be played in viable decks in the future. They may as well have not printed the cards. But I guess they have to push a lot of cards each expansion to make people keep playing/buying, or else their collections would fill up faster.

If it helps decks that include Reno or other similar cards are referred to as Highlander decks. Chansey Priest is a Highlander deck because it runs Reno and Raza. Then there are the obvious Highlander decks like Reno Warlock and Reno Shadow Priest.

Side note I'm having a blast with Chansey Priest. Raza and kazakus are also likely to stick around if/when Reno rotates out. The other Highlander cards I'm not too sure will see play.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Although I do think Mahourai is crazy if he's complaining about Patches...
    Patches is a miserably bad design.