Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hmm, well going through xmog collections...
    some of the "katanas" are okay, the hilt's generally too long but they could be wielded feasibly
    Everything else seems too big, too heavy or just biomechanically unfeasible. Only looking at swords/axes/maces/polearms tho cause that's all that's in my wardrobe.

But yeah as i said, it doesn't matter cause the game isn't trying for realism... in like anything. In fact having realistic weapons would probably do the game a diservice

Quote Originally Posted by OrcinusDrake View Post
    Hmm, well going through xmog collections...
    some of the "katanas" are okay, the hilt's generally too long but they could be wielded feasibly
    Everything else seems too big, too heavy or just biomechanically unfeasible. Only looking at swords/axes/maces/polearms tho cause that's all that's in my wardrobe.

But yeah as i said, it doesn't matter cause the game isn't trying for realism... in like anything. In fact having realistic weapons would probably do the game a diservice
    Strange, why would a fantasy RPG game go that route...

15+ Year Old Account
    flail could come back farther on the back swing.....looks like ur punching the ball end at the enemy

Matt Easton disagrees with you (too lazy to look up sources myself though)
    https://youtu.be/AGf7n7iUF_k

But even if it were a fantasy weapon, guess what it's a fantasy setting. I have yet to see a realistic weapon in wow, and some like the warglaive don't even make sense, so I don't see how a flail which is at least a functional weapon should be viewed differently.
    The ManatArms (man at arms} blacksmith guys create some of the weapons though. They have created Ashbringer, Frostmourne, warglaive, etc. They even test it on shit. Id check some of their vids out and see whats actually realistic.

Yes I've seen them. They're fun pieces, very cool works if art with a heck load of effort been put into them and look very snazzy. But take them into combat you'll get sliced to ribbons by the guy with a weapon born from centuries of warfaring that had a specific purpose, speed, reach and versatility. And you can't carry those things around every day of your life without getting seriously annoyed.

Yes I've seen them. They're fun pieces, very cool works if art with a heck load of effort been put into them and look very snazzy. But take them into combat you'll get sliced to ribbons by the guy with a weapon born from centuries of warfaring that had a specific purpose, speed, reach and versatility. And you can't carry those things around every day of your life without getting seriously annoyed.
    Depends if you're mounted on horse back in full armor against a peasant on foot you'd win. On Game of Thrones we all know Warhammer beats Fail in water
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!