Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

hmm about the new class mount for druids.

Do you guys think it's simple an ability that will improve our travel form?

or will it be a 3 sec cast flying mount.

i'm scared that it will turn out to be a travel form, so we can't use it in bg's even with 100% mount speed etc.

the owl is so darn cool I had love to hear from blizzard devs how they want to make this thing work.

edit: For people who haven't seen it yet. http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...sMounts117.jpg

thx shiftyfish

edit2: Mounts are SPEC specific.

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...60377875562496

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...80928643997696

I also do believe that Alliance and Hordes will not share same appearances.
    Last edited by mmoc6818f34952; 2016-11-05 at 02:50 PM.

Hmm not a big fan of the owl. Wish we would have gotten something a bit more badass than an Owl with a broken neck

you should check out the crazy things owls do with their necks, beyond the full rotation thing that is.

Deleted
    Probably one of the nicest mounts in the game imo I'm sure they will allow it in BGs etc, seems like a full fledged mount.

From what i saw in the video, it very much looked to be an instant cast, so it's probably a skill, not a regular mount. No idea if it replaces flight form or is in addition to it.

Deleted
    What mount are we talking about again? Is it something revealed at BlizzCon? I wasn't able to watch it yesterday, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by seba2632 View Post
    What mount are we talking about again? Is it something revealed at BlizzCon? I wasn't able to watch it yesterday, unfortunately.
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...sMounts117.jpg patch 7.2 will bring new order hall quests which will lead to each class receiving a class mount

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Probably one of the nicest mounts in the game imo I'm sure they will allow it in BGs etc, seems like a full fledged mount.
    Yup but if it's a bg you would get the slow travel form as an example. the 40%. unless we are allowed to keep the owl for 100% - but i doubt that we will get an instant cast 100% ground speed travel mount - hence why i fear that the owl might not be avaible for us - so i would understand if they said no.

I was just curious of the limitations - I didn't see the blizcon myself, so was hoping someone had more details about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the look of it but the fact it doesn't have a running animation makes me sad. It looks like it's going to be a replacement for our flight form, I'm hope I'm wrong though. I love new forms but I kinda hope it works like the Sandstone Drake, the one that turns you into a dragon, that way it will work in bg's etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    That owl form would be nice if it wasn't for the head position. It does not look natural. No bird would fly like that. It's not aerodynamic.

"Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    you should check out the crazy things owls do with their necks, beyond the full rotation thing that is.
    You mean beyond the thing it already does with its' neck as the flying form? That neck doesn't even make sense, it's bent backwards. A flying owl is more horizontal, not a weird 90 degree bend at the neck so the head is above the body

EDIT: Seems above poster posted a picture that proves my point too.

I'm curios about the looks. In the BlizzCon video it was a Tauren Druid so I was wondering how Nelfs' and other Races would look like. But till now I'm not a big fan of it. Maybe specially after seeing the awesome stuff like Shaman elemental or the Priest and DK Mounts

Why do people keep posting the wrong species of owl? its a barn owl

Though i think this sort of flight is better

Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-11-05 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Why do people keep posting the wrong species of owl? its a barn owl

Though i think this sort of flight is better

Why does it matter? It's an owl. Besides, it looks more like a Great Horned Owl to me.

"Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

The wing effect is cool, but the face is kind of meh, I like the priest owl mount face much better. Not that we'll be seing the face much anyway but still I like the centinel better.
    I'd also like an horizontal neck while flying, looks pretty awkward currently. Wonder if we will be able to bring a passenger in this form? It has the skeleton of a mount already.

Also I'd love to have an upgraded stag form, guess we won't be using it much but the current one looks a bit outdated already.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Why does it matter? It's an owl. Besides, it looks more like a Great Horned Owl to me.

ah thought we were referring to the priest mount. I'am talking in too many mount topics.

Well the Infos in the OP are great news. It seems to be Spec specific. So I wonder what spec that druid was in the video. But to be honest I don't think they will change appearances between Horde and alliance. All the Artefact skins for feral and tanks aren't faction specific so I don't think this one would be.

Yep. Great Horned Owl. And, as the pic I link shows, when in flight, they can lift their heads. No, I don't think it's the owl's natural flight position. I think they gave the Druid Epic Flight Form a head's Up position as a function of anthropomorphizing (humanizing) the flight form.

However, as this image shows, this is the more natural flight posture of the Great Horned Owl, which is tremendously graceful, and quite frankly, more than a little ominous.

I'd have been happier with them sticking with what's actually in nature. Nature got it right. And with the angle of the head, they still could have put the crescent moon druid symbol above the brow without issue.

Even with all of that, I'm THRILLED with the new flight form.

I just hope it's not too big. We can gather in our flight form and gathering on huge mounts is no fun, so hopefully, it's a nice balance between the smallish flight forms we have now and the huge dragon mounts others got.

Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    Well the Infos in the OP are great news. It seems to be Spec specific. So I wonder what spec that druid was in the video. But to be honest I don't think they will change appearances between Horde and alliance. All the Artefact skins for feral and tanks aren't faction specific so I don't think this one would be.
    Well they could easily have one color for each race like the centinel form, and since the druid shown was a tauren and the form was brown, it seems likely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanede View Post
    Well they could easily have one color for each race like the centinel form, ahat times faction would be 8 and per race even 16 different ones.. nd since the druid shown was a tauren and the form was brown, it seems likely to me.
    Well Watcher said, that the "mounts" are spec related. Meaning, we might get even 4 different Flight forms that times faction would be 8 and per race even 16 different ones..