Deleted

Question SimulationCraft for Healers

Hey Champions,

currently I'm looking for a way to simulate my holy priest. SimCraft told that they implemented the holy priest but when I'm trying to simulate mine the application always crushes. (on Windows and Mac...)
    So I searched for an alternative and found the simulation on AskMrRobot. But when I see the results, I'm sure they are using a wrong Spellpriority.

I would like to get a statpriority that fits to my character. I want to see how my HPS changes when I'm changing a talent, changing a trinket.

I hope someone can help me... thanking you in anticipation.

Kasumii

Quote Originally Posted by Kasumii View Post
    Hey Champions,

currently I'm looking for a way to simulate my holy priest. SimCraft told that they implemented the holy priest but when I'm trying to simulate mine the application always crushes. (on Windows and Mac...)
    So I searched for an alternative and found the simulation on AskMrRobot. But when I see the results, I'm sure they are using a wrong Spellpriority.

I would like to get a statpriority that fits to my character. I want to see how my HPS changes when I'm changing a talent, changing a trinket.

I hope someone can help me... thanking you in anticipation.

Kasumii
    Simcraft only really exists due to the difficulties of modeling time-varying rotations (which most dps specs have). However, most healers do not have time-varying rotations, so they are customarily modeled by using spell weighting.

For example, let's say 90% of your healing comes from Renew and 10% of your healing comes from Heal. Knowing that Mastery increases 1 point per 350 stat points and 1 point is worth 1.25%, this allows you to calculate a value based on it only affecting 10% of your healing. It doesn't matter the order you generated that healing - just the aggregate.

In general:
    Mastery: Affects everything except Renew at 1.25%/350 stat points.
    Versatility: Affects everything at 1%/400 stat points, plus 0.5%*damage percent suffered by Priest/number of healers (normally disregarded in quick calculations).
    Critical: Affects everything at 1%/350 stat points. Also increases BoT procs, which is commonly disregarded as a small effect.
    Haste: Increases Renew hps quadratically, Renew hpm linearly. Otherwise (roughly) increases hps linearly, hpm not at all at 1%/325 stat points.

Once you have the spell mix and the impact of the stats, you feed them into a relatively simple equation:
    Int * (1 + MasteryEffect) * (1 + VersatilityEffect) * (1 + Critical Effect) * (1 + HasteEffect)

The goal is to maximize this function, which occurs when all of those factors are equal to one another (note: This is not the raw stats being equal, but the total impact of those stats after all the adjustments).

Can you elaborate what you mean by AskMrRobot using the wrong spell priority?

Quote Originally Posted by teedog View Post
    Can you elaborate what you mean by AskMrRobot using the wrong spell priority?
    I didn't dig too deeply into it, but it appears AskMrRobot only casts Flash Heal with a Surge of Light proc, during Apotheosis or when using Enduring Renewal on a target with Renew. On the other hand, it casts both Renew and Heal religiously.

This is contrary to how the spec is almost universally played, where Flash Heal is by far the most commonly cast spell and neither Renew nor Heal are cast at all.

It's incredibly hard to accurately "sim" for healers, since there's way more variables and RNG in healing, and healing itself is a zero sum game, unlike DPS.

You might be able to measure maximum HPS output and compare stats that way in an ideal scenario, but healing is never ideal.

Don't trust AskMrRobot with any stat weights for healers. They're usually skewed or outright incorrect.

but it appears AskMrRobot only casts Flash Heal with a Surge of Light proc, during Apotheosis or when using Enduring Renewal on a target with Renew. On the other hand, it casts both Renew and Heal religiously.
    I think you're misreading the rotation.

Flash Heal
    try other allies
    random
    if (Power > MaxPower * 0.1 or HasBuff(SurgeOfLight) or HasBuff(SymbolOfHope)) and not HasBuff(TrailOfLight) and HasTalent(TrailOfLight)
    That should lead to constant Flesh Heal spam when other spells are on cooldown (ones higher on the rotation list), and you have mana for it. The SurgeOfLight requirement is for when you have less than 10% mana.

All other Renew and Heal casts are lower priority than this Flash Heal, which means they never get cast unless you're below 10% mana or don't have TrailOfLight.

Quote Originally Posted by teedog View Post
    I think you're misreading the rotation.
    The version I read didn't have that line in it - I might have gotten to an older version, I suppose.

Deleted
    Thanks for your great answer VigilantRose!

I'm not really sure how to use your equation.
    So let's assume I'm healing 50% with Flash Heal, 30% with Prayer of Healing and 20% Renew.
    So 80% of my Healing is "boostet" by mastery. Only 20% from haste. But what does it mean in your function? What variable is MasteryEffect? 0.8?

at teedog: AskMrRobot spellpriority seems to be diffrent. If you take a look at the results the healing is almost done from Renew and Heal. (Like VigilantRose said)