View Poll Results: Tier 6 being used to define what gear will look like in Tomb of Sargeras. Yay or nay?

Voters
391. This poll is closed
  • Yay

251 64.19%
  • Maybe

65 16.62%
  • Nay

70 17.90%
  • Other

5 1.28%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    It'll be a good set - somehow I get the feeling they'll make the set be based on T6, but match one of the 7.2 weapon appearances. If it's Corrupter Ashbringer, think T6 with more broken and floating pieces.

Still wish they'd put the red recolor of the CM set into the game.
    I made sets around the red, green and yellow corrupted ashbringer. I kinda wanted a blue one for the CM set but the holy weapon from 7.2 matches it perfectly so I'm okay there I guess.

The red one was pretty cool though.

Don't care, got my own mog anyway which I'll probably use till the end of days with minor tweaks.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I mean... yay for my Paladin, but... boo for every other class. Especially the mage. Ugh.

Deleted
    And don't forget Tier 4 (the first TBC Tier) was used as a inspiration for the Tier 17 (the first WoD Tier) and it looked really awesome, so I believe they will do even better job with Tier 6 this time.

Hell yeah, tier 6 is one of the best looking tiers.

My only concern is that they pull another T3/T7 debacle where its just a recolor...-shudder-
    "Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent." -"Borrowed" from Krekko

Deleted
    We like the set. Some of the other sets are not good enough or fail to catch our eye. Thats why we got transmog. Reworking the set instead of making a new one . Thats low .

So long as they don't make those BC model boots, those things are fugly. I'm interested to see what "based on" means. I don't just want an updated version, but something inspired by that sounds good. Bigger crown please. I'm thinking Imperius from Diablo sized crown/halo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Explains the class mount colors, maybe.
    Some do follow T6 but some don't...unless they decided to change some colors to match the mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monzsterr View Post
    I'm interested to see what "based on" means. I don't just want an updated version, but something inspired by that sounds good.
    Pretty much this, i'd say.

Sure sounds good in theory, but no matter what you base the new gear on, there's always the potential to make some damn ugly designs regardless.

Voted for yay, simply because T6 was, imho, the most Paladin-y looking set we've ever had, so here's hoping they'll make another set of gear that actually fits with the class fantasy.

An update on the set might be good.

The old set itself, I find it really meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    t 6 has some of the coolest looking gear. my pally is using the lightbringer set with the alliance tabard you get from the garrison, and the alliance cape you can buy, well also using the alliance shield, also from garrison, and the blue and gold quel dalar

- - - Updated - - -

look under QnA on the front page of the website your on right now

- - - Updated - - -

judgement was used for the base
    Which is t2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    The Lightbringer armor set that Paladins get from Black temple is being used as a base to create what the gear will look like from Tomb of Sargeras.

In my opinion, this is one of the most iconic paladin sets out there aside from judgement. Do you want to see what they can make using the old gear as a basis or would you rather have the armor inspired by something else?

Personally, I want to see what they can do with it. With all the new stuff they can do with gear I'm excited to see how the set will look now. Although I never really liked the helmet.
    All the T6 armors are great. Priest, Paladin and Warrior especially.

Yay of course. T6 had absolutely the best tier sets designs. I'd kill for priest's t6 with 3d boots, gloves and belt, with hi-res textures. Same for warrior set, same for paladin set, same for mage set, same for shaman's set, etc, etc. (well, maybe not so excited for rogue/huntard set, but fuck rogues and huntards, they already got best class halls and awesome dps, so now they can take lower end of a spectrum for a change).
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-11-06 at 06:17 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    It will work for some more than others. As a fire mage, I don't like being purple and neon. Hunter's Gronn Stalker is also out of place in Legion, so I imagine they'll change that one quite a lot.
    Not holding out a ton of hope here but you should be in luck given that there will be 4 different color schemes.

LFR
    Normal
    Heroic
    Mythic

One of those is bound to fit each mage spec with the mythic one probably having a mix of all three.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    Which is t2.
    i know, i was just confirming, blizz had said it was
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Should be very interesting to see what they come up with. I look forward to seeing how they choose to design the death knight, monk and demon hunter sets as they have no real armor from the tier 6 era to draw from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i know, i was just confirming, blizz had said it was
    Regardless, t19 is a beautiful set (especially the mythic one). I think we are in for a treat with t20.

Yeah, beautiful.
    6(six) Silver Hand emblems just from shoulders alone to get the point across. And seventh one from belt.
    Not enough, though, probably still.
    I suggest we add silver hand tabard and silver hand weapon, that might look convincing enough.