View Poll Results: Tier 6 being used to define what gear will look like in Tomb of Sargeras. Yay or nay?

Voters
391. This poll is closed
  • Yay

251 64.19%
  • Maybe

65 16.62%
  • Nay

70 17.90%
  • Other

5 1.28%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    Regardless, t19 is a beautiful set (especially the mythic one). I think we are in for a treat with t20.
    yeah i cant wait to see what they do
    i love the purple version of the t6 (from pvp) but i think it looks alittle akward just with how it clips
    i HOPE for t 20, they keep the wings t6 gives us...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I'm curious what they'll do with the helmet. It's a floating ring of light, obviously they won't leave it that way. Not much to take from it though. Maybe artists see it differently or something.

Either way I can't wait to see what the shoulders are going to look like. Having light infused shoulders is going to be sweet.

I want my broken halo, like in s11 ;(
    It's such a subtle yet powerful piece of our looks.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    judgement was used for the base
    Of T19? Er... despite being robes it's clearly an homage to Lightforge. Colors and all.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Mage one looked bad then and will look bad now. Majority of tier armor post-Cata has looked crap anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Don't care, got my own mog anyway which I'll probably use till the end of days with minor tweaks.
    Me too. It's a good feeling when you've settled on something you really like, isn't it?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

For just about every class, I agree that T6 is some of the most iconic. Particularly for paladins, I'm pumped. Is it just me or has it been a while since we've had a set with a good "holy/light" feel to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    For just about every class, I agree that T6 is some of the most iconic. Particularly for paladins, I'm pumped. Is it just me or has it been a while since we've had a set with a good "holy/light" feel to it?
    yet again , I point at s11.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Of T19? Er... despite being robes it's clearly an homage to Lightforge. Colors and all.

ehhh........
    it shares colours with judgment aswell
    it has the same sorta patterns in the body tpye, and same helm
    special designed shoulders....
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The helmet is more of a hybrid of the hood+crown "burger king" LF helm and the original winged barbute LF shipped with, it's not a mask
    It has round terraced shoulders, just like LF
    Prominent use of purple on Mythic, just like LF, and no black anywhere, on any version of the set
    Faction sigil belt buckle just like LF

Really the only striking similarities to Judgement are the glowing eyes (which are on like every full helmet ever anymore so I'm disinclined to count them), short gloves, and the robe bottom. TBH if you sub in the Order Hall chestplate - which is deliberately made in the same colors - to reveal the leggings, then there is no question.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    yet again , I point at s11.
    ???? Season 11 doesn't have a holy/light theme. It's more like a physically war torn paladin set. Our order hall set along with tier 6 has the holy/light theme.

I'm probably gonna be super jelly over the Warlock and Shaman versions since this expansion makes it very tough to alt. I'm curious to see what they pull off for Demon Hunter and Death Knight though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    ???? Season 11 doesn't have a holy/light theme. It's more like a physically war torn paladin set.
    what can better hint at the noble internal struggle that is divine against wicked?
    What can be holier than embracing own's downfalls and sins, yet not succumbing to it?

what can better hint at the noble internal struggle that is divine against wicked?
    What can be holier than embracing own's downfalls and sins, yet not succumbing to it?
    Well fuck yeah, season 11 fits that perfectly but by definition it isn't exactly "holy" and doesn't focus on "the light" as much as s6 or the order hall set.

I do agree though and I think the s11 paladin set is pretty underrated. It fits the class pretty damn well.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got a strong feeling the paladin set is going to look very nice and flashy either way. My biggest worry is the warrior set: its either going to look really cool or like bland, drab colored dog shit. Like a problem I had with tier 7 was that many of the original sets looked better than the remakes. For example, I think warlock t3 looks much, much better than the t7 version, though some will disagree with me, which is totally fine. I just like the colors way more in the original, the features of the armor pop out more while in the t7 version stuff just kinda blends together in a mess.

I don't think paladins will have this problem though.
    Last edited by Lisa Frank Succubus; 2016-11-08 at 11:14 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    PRO: T6 was awesome, something like T6 "should" be awesome.

CON: It's the current art team not the TBC team, Warrior T18 was based on the awesome T2 and T18 sucked balls.

At the moment, it's still going to be hard for me to swap from T12 or the CM set because both just look so damned nice with CM weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Well fuck yeah, season 11 fits that perfectly but by definition it isn't exactly "holy" and doesn't focus on "the light" as much as s6 or the order hall set.

I do agree though and I think the s11 paladin set is pretty underrated. It fits the class pretty damn well.
    Like my signature. woot woot.

It's also one of two transmogs I regularly use (if elite version had a robe I'd be using that), and a T6/T16 hybrid set.

I think it would be sick if they made it so you may not tmog artifacts. Then make tier gear's appearance change based on your skin. Its a lot of work but that will be so nice to see visually and from a lore standpoint. However, another tier 6 set sounds just fine to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not convinced TBH. I prefer CS Lewis's take:

Quote Originally Posted by Mere Christianity
    It is,therefore, in my opinion, perfectly right for a Christian judge to sentence a man to death or a Christian soldier to kill an enemy.
    The idea of the knight—the Christian in arms for the defence of a good cause—is one of the great Christian ideas.
    What I cannot understand is this sort of semipacifism you get nowadays which gives people the idea that though you have to fight, you ought to do it with a long face and as if you were ashamed of it. It is that feeling that robs lots of magnificent young Christians in the Services of something they have a right to, something which is the natural accompaniment of courage— a kind of gaity and wholeheartedness.
    So yeah, bugger all that emo "internal struggle" nonsense. I'm going to be charging into the fray knowing, sure as sure, that I am doing the Light's work.

= + =

Anyway, as to the Tomb of Sargeras set... yeah the icons are definitely like the T6 ones, which is promising. Personally, I've generally preferred sets that have a class theme (T2, T3, T6, Grand Marshal, etc) , rather than a dungeon theme (first two Cataclysm tiers).

It'd be nice to see them do updated textures, normal maps etc for the old sets as well, but in the mean time a Lightbringer v2.0 appearance is very promising.

= + =

Finally, looks like we're going to kill Kruul in the Twisting Nether once and for all to get our Ashbringer appearance unlocked. No more respawns for him .