Lets stop whining and do somethin' useful together

Yes , I'm one of the guys who felt really bad , disappointed after blizzcon. All of the conspiracies , tweets , speculations etc. actually hyped at some point.
    Yes , I waited for last second to somebody shows up and say " This was a joke guys " but didnt happen.

I mean , we saw the pain and shame on that poor guys face who came up to stage to say somethin' about
    diablo. Even that guy knew diablo fans gonna be mad after those non sense.

I believe they know the problem is not paragon system , rifts or poor class design only. Its d3 itself
    completely. Thats why diablo fans expected a way out , a solution to continue play this legend " tittle" game.
    But I completely understand its not that easy to say " Hey guys , We are working on D2 Remake and D4 at the same time. Blizzard Soon Tm. "
    . That said , they should understand us as well. We love this game. Dont give up like that. Dont act like a slave of Activision.
    I mean ofc its all about the money but , is it really ? And lets be serious and ask this question. A company like Blizzard , cant find any other
    resources , payment options ? If the failure comes from purchase method why Overwatch didnt fail ?

Bla bla , ( sorry for my poor english btw. But as long as you somehow understand what I'm trying to say I guess it will be ok )

Ok , just consider all those are for introduction. I swear I'm not here for whining. I'll begin with my thoughts about whats wrong with D3. And then continue with why lots of ppl asking for a D2 remake , whats so special about D2. Finally , some possible solutions for brainstorming and conclusion to make these clear.

WHATS WRONG WITH D3

- Rune System

Before 2.0 about to come I made a post about it as well as I remember. For a game like DIABLO I believe there is a must which you cant able to find alternative way to handle. Specs

Rune system failed coz it doesnt fill the blanks , doesnt make you feel think to decide whick way should I go first , how I should build my char. At the end of the day all of points you spend for a spec talent tree should make you feel stronger and you should feel satisfied. " Oh yes I'm having so much fun " sentence
    is everythin' for players.

-I still dont have the item that I need... Doesnt matter , at some point I'm gonna get it. But until then, lets keep grinding and smash more.
    -Did you see that Jim ? I almost 1 shot that bloody monster man ! lol

i.e : As you know they put greater rift system , integrated to wow. And the results ? I dont know how many of you dont like it but if you ask me , I still could do mythic plus dungeons all day long. No joke man. And there are lots of examples like that. Brawling , pet battles etc etc...

So , obviously its a fantastic idea to bring familiar systems to the games that needs a little touch to make them more popular or loved " again " , why dont you do it for diablo as well?

My solution for Talent system is ;

1)Create somethin' like WoW's talent system.

1.a )If 3 specs too much afford ( time , money ) , 2 specs will do the job if they are designed correctly. For each class ofc.

2) You remember charms in D2 ? Again, take the idea from WoW and implant to diablo. Which is ... Relics. 3 Charm slot for each 2-3 spec's talent tree's skills. Done !
    3) Get rid off perma Town Portal option and perma potion as well. So that , players should think about what to do , create tactics for some situations ( boss figts especially ).
    4) And finally , add an ultimate for each talent tree's last tier. Which can be obtained from special events only.

I can go on but thats enough for now.

- Torment Difficulties

I guess that problem comes with vanilla D3. We still remember Inferno right ?
    The issue about Torment difficulty / difficulties is , it doesnt serve to main goal of the idea at all.
    I mean every torment increases chance to find rare items right ? But ... is it tho ? Be honest again guys. In one run , how many legendaries you found at that run you equip'em or DE'em?
    The ratio for me ( and I'm gonna be optimist for good ) 1/20 ... maybe ? Just maybe.

And whats the difference of doing a T13 with decent gear and start a new game and play in hard / master difficulty ? Same chance to die ( I guess ).

Why the majority of rpg players demands for 3 difficulties and again majority of game studios offer 3 difficulties ? And why they succeed mostly ? I mean , there has to be a reason right ?

And again , do you remember the highest difficulty level of D2 ? Do you remember immunity affixes of mobs ? How many of you rerolled another barb just to build his barb for physical immunity pain ?

If you know what I'm talking about , you are obviously " awesome " thats for sure. But also you know what my point is as well. And also searching and grinding items , sets , rares to handle that problem was one of the key parts of it.

- Oh man ! That ring is almost perfect but the last bonus :/ Lets try again

My solution for Difficulty lvl is ;

1) Easy , Normal , Hard difficulties. And a bonus difficulty level like Inferno back in D3 vanilla which offers you a ( mythic raiding level from wow just for considiration) set dungeon level.
    To enter this special difficulty level dungeon , you just gather at least 4 ppl / friend and only 1 class per each spot / role.

Yeah yeah I know I'm talking about Diablo not Wow ! Yes , I know guys.

2) What happens when you got perfect gear and there is nothing to do then ?
    Uhmmm simple ? I'm not exactly sure how to do it but at some point add an option to end the game at highest difficulty , let the cinematic show up and then Welcome to Prestige 1

- Every prestige point you get lets you buff your ultimate talent skill by %...

By by paragon you'll be missed ... not

- PvP

Well I'm not crazy enough to ask for pvp in a diablo game. Did you ever imagine how its gonna be like when 100 ppl enter same zone and use skills that hits for billions at some point ? And most important will even enjoy this crap ?
    If you do , which exact part of it gonna satisfy you.

- Yay mom ! I just destroyed a whole diablo zone by myself and its gone forever now. RiP its coder ? Yaaay !

But if you are asking for somethin' like a reasonable one there can be a solution.
    Did you hear about new brawl arenas for 7.1.5 ( I guess it was 7.1.5 correct me if I'm wrong )

- Make an arena ( a battleground which has an objective ) , fixate all players levels to a certain point like ; if max lvl is 80 , let it be 40 for pvp.
    I mean if you wanna pvp in diablo whats the difference being max lvl or not anyways. Its all about fun... it should be...

- Legendaries

Well legendary should be legendary. Thats for sure. Every time including myself , someone DE's legs in diablo , that hurts... a lot.
    If you DE a legendary item you should able to craft somethin' better than that for a sacrifice like this.

AGAIN , have you ever heard someone who found a legendary item in Legion , DE'd his/her legendary ?
    And most important, did you notice what I'm continously referancing Legion for Diablo. Because it worked ! It worked for WoW.
    Literally , Diablo saved WoW. Why not doing the same for diablo ?

- My fantastic unrealistic diablo raiding idea should stay here for a while. Consider you didnt see those lines.

thats all...

WHY EVERYONE AKS FOR D2 REMAKE ?

- Scroll up , you'll see some of the reasons there. And if you want more answer to that question go poke your favourite streamers.I'm sure they gonna tell why with details.

CONCLUSION

I think you wonder why players are not happy atm. They asked for Necro for years ( including myself ) and we are giving him to them but they are still mad , we dont get it.

They are mad coz they want necro , assasin in a D2 style game , in a D2 style system. Not a necro in a failure D3.
    Yes I know , lots of ppl gonna purchase necromancer and play for 2 weeks. Thats for sure.

The problem is , and the question you have to ask yourselves ; a game like Diablo which celebrating 20th anniversary nowadays deserves this or not ?

Again sorry for my english and thanks for your time
    Last edited by bjkmahmut; 2016-11-06 at 03:13 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bjkmahmut View Post
    Yes , I'm one of the guys who felt really bad , disappointed after blizzcon. All of the conspiracies , tweets , speculations etc. actually hyped at some point.
    Yes , I waited for last second to somebody shows up and say " This was a joke guys " but didnt happen.

I mean , we saw the pain and shame on that poor guys face who came up to stage to say somethin' about
    diablo. Even that guy knew diablo fans gonna be mad after those non sense.

I believe they know the problem is not paragon system , rifts or poor class design only. Its d3 itself
    completely. Thats why diablo fans expected a way out , a solution to continue play this legend " tittle" game.
    But I completely understand its not that easy to say " Hey guys , We are working on D2 Remake and D4 at the same time. Blizzard Soon Tm. "
    . That said , they should understand us as well. We love this game. Dont give up like that. Dont act like a slave of Activision.
    I mean ofc its all about the money but , is it really ? And lets be serious and ask this question. A company like Blizzard , cant find any other
    resources , payment options ? If the failure comes from purchase method why Overwatch didnt fail ?

Bla bla , ( sorry for my poor english btw. But as long as you somehow understand what I'm trying to say I guess it will be ok )

Ok , just consider all those are for introduction. I swear I'm not here for whining. I'll begin with my thoughts about whats wrong with D3. And then continue with why lots of ppl asking for a D2 remake , whats so special about D2. Finally , some possible solutions for brainstorming and conclusion to make these clear.

WHATS WRONG WITH D3

- Rune System

Before 2.0 about to come I made a post about it as well as I remember. For a game like DIABLO I believe there is a must which you cant able to find alternative way to handle. Specs

Rune system failed coz it doesnt fill the blanks , doesnt make you feel think to decide whick way should I go first , how I should build my char. At the end of the day all of points you spend for a spec talent tree should make you feel stronger and you should feel satisfied. " Oh yes I'm having so much fun " sentence
    is everythin' for players.

-I still dont have the item that I need... Doesnt matter , at some point I'm gonna get it. But until then, lets keep grinding and smash more.
    -Did you see that Jim ? I almost 1 shot that bloody monster man ! lol

i.e : As you know they put greater rift system , integrated to wow. And the results ? I dont know how many of you dont like it but if you ask me , I still could do mythic plus dungeons all day long. No joke man. And there are lots of examples like that. Brawling , pet battles etc etc...

So , obviously its a fantastic idea to bring familiar systems to the games that needs a little touch to make them more popular or loved " again " , why dont you do it for diablo as well?

My solution for Talent system is ;

1)Create somethin' like WoW's talent system.

1.a )If 3 specs too much afford ( time , money ) , 2 specs will do the job if they are designed correctly. For each class ofc.

2) You remember charms in D2 ? Again, take the idea from WoW and implant to diablo. Which is ... Relics. 3 Charm slot for each 2-3 spec's talent tree's skills. Done !
    3) Get rid off perma Town Portal option and perma potion as well. So that , players should think about what to do , create tactics for some situations ( boss figts especially ).
    4) And finally , add an ultimate for each talent tree's last tier. Which can be obtained from special events only.

I can go on but thats enough for now.

- Torment Difficulties

I guess that problem comes with vanilla D3. We still remember Inferno right ?
    The issue about Torment difficulty / difficulties is , it doesnt serve to main goal of the idea at all.
    I mean every torment increases chance to find rare items right ? But ... is it tho ? Be honest again guys. In one run , how many legendaries you found at that run you equip'em or DE'em?
    The ratio for me ( and I'm gonna be optimist for good ) 1/20 ... maybe ? Just maybe.

And whats the difference of doing a T13 with decent gear and start a new game and play in hard / master difficulty ? Same chance to die ( I guess ).

Why the majority of rpg players demands for 3 difficulties and again majority of game studios offer 3 difficulties ? And why they succeed mostly ? I mean , there has to be a reason right ?

And again , do you remember the highest difficulty level of D2 ? Do you remember immunity affixes of mobs ? How many of you rerolled another barb just to build his barb for physical immunity pain ?

If you know what I'm talking about , you are obviously " awesome " thats for sure. But also you know what my point is as well. And also searching and grinding items , sets , rares to handle that problem was one of the key parts of it.

- Oh man ! That ring is almost perfect but the last bonus :/ Lets try again

My solution for Difficulty lvl is ;

1) Easy , Normal , Hard difficulties. And a bonus difficulty level like Inferno back in D3 vanilla which offers you a ( mythic raiding level from wow just for considiration) set dungeon level.
    To enter this special difficulty level dungeon , you just gather at least 4 ppl / friend and only 1 class per each spot / role.

Yeah yeah I know I'm talking about Diablo not Wow ! Yes , I know guys.

2) What happens when you got perfect gear and there is nothing to do then ?
    Uhmmm simple ? I'm not exactly sure how to do it but at some point add an option to end the game at highest difficulty , let the cinematic show up and then Welcome to Prestige 1

- Every prestige point you get lets you buff your ultimate talent skill by %...

By by paragon you'll be missed ... not

- PvP

Well I'm not crazy enough to ask for pvp in a diablo game. Did you ever imagine how its gonna be like when 100 ppl enter same zone and use skills that hits for billions at some point ? And most important will even enjoy this crap ?
    If you do , which exact part of it gonna satisfy you.

- Yay mom ! I just destroyed a whole diablo zone by myself and its gone forever now. RiP its coder ? Yaaay !

But if you are asking for somethin' like a reasonable one there can be a solution.
    Did you hear about new brawl arenas for 7.1.5 ( I guess it was 7.1.5 correct me if I'm wrong )

- Make an arena ( a battleground which has an objective ) , fixate all players levels to a certain point like ; if max lvl is 80 , let it be 40 for pvp.
    I mean if you wanna pvp in diablo whats the difference being max lvl or not anyways. Its all about fun... it should be...

- Legendaries

Well legendary should be legendary. Thats for sure. Every time including myself , someone DE's legs in diablo , that hurts... a lot.
    If you DE a legendary item you should able to craft somethin' better than that for a sacrifice like this.

AGAIN , have you ever heard someone who found a legendary item in Legion , DE'd his/her legendary ?
    And most important, did you notice what I'm continously referancing Legion for Diablo. Because it worked ! It worked for WoW.
    Literally , Diablo saved WoW. Why not doing the same for diablo ?

- My fantastic unrealistic diablo raiding idea should stay here for a while. Consider you didnt see those lines.

thats all...

WHY EVERYONE AKS FOR D2 REMAKE ?

- Scroll up , you'll see some of the reasons there. And if you want more answer to that question go poke your favourite streamers.I'm sure they gonna tell why with details.

CONCLUSION

I think you wonder why players are not happy atm. They asked for Necro for years ( including myself ) and we are giving him to them but they are still mad , we dont get it.

They are mad coz they want necro , assasin in a D2 style game , in a D2 style system. Not a necro in a failure D3.
    Yes I know , lots of ppl gonna purchase necromancer and play for 2 weeks. Thats for sure.

The problem is , and the question you have to ask yourselves ; a game like Diablo which celebrating 20th anniversary nowadays deserves this or not ?

Again sorry for my english and thanks for your time
    Your ideas they suck.. that is all!
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Your ideas they suck.. that is all!
    Did you really need to quote his entire post just to say what most of us were already thinking while reading the first few lines of that stuff?
    He's obviously not that old yet,. so give him a bone - he did take a lot of time to write it all down after all XD

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Did you really need to quote his entire post just to say what most of us were already thinking while reading the first few lines of that stuff?
    He's obviously not that old yet,. so give him a bone - he did take a lot of time to write it all down after all XD
    He needed emphasis that he really meant it ALL sucked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    He needed emphasis that he really meant it ALL sucked.
    yeah his ideas are not what's best for buisness
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Nothing good is coming out from here. Closing.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.