Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    We don't know much about them yet. Just what Chronicle says.

You can watch Nobbel videos on youtube if you don't want to read.

- - - Updated - - -

Here i got the link for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpxyRu1qx4U
    It sounds like if the Void Lords can get the Old Gods to corrupt a planet with a slumbering World Soul (Azeroth, potentially?) it will give rise to a being that will act as a conduit for the Void Lords to make the jump to our physical plane, or it will simply be imbued with enough of the Void Lords' power and energy to do some really bad shit to our universe. And then everyone loses.

And it seems that Sargeras' P.O.V is one that's so excessively severe that it has to be stopped. Reminds me of Arthas and the Culling of Stratholme. Hero turned evil by their own view of what is necessary (and tainted with a bit of fear, of course). Very cool!

Going back to Sargeras, I'm guessing that the power we've accrued with our artifacts combined with the Pillars of Creation will be enough to either kill Sargeras, knock some sense into him, or cease his means of control over the Legion/stop the Legion invasions. That's a huge assumption in my eyes; Even with our tools, how can a meager mortal race hope to overcome a Titan? There's got to be something else that'll help us.

But then, even if we do overcome Sargeras & the Legion...the biggest threat of all is the Old Gods, whose strings are being pulled by the Void Lords. 100%. If they can corrupt a sleepy ol' titan, everything everywhere loses, and a Titan was so afraid of this future that he went all "To save life, I must destroy it, let it become corrupt." What chance do we have?

Interesting stuff. Off-topic too, but that's better than a bunch more "they already said they'd be gone" replies.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2016-11-06 at 08:03 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Sad we have to give up the Ashbringer.. but I think, they'll do something that destroys all artifacts. Something like: We are in a extremely dangerous situation. The only way to overcome this is by using all the power of all artifacts. But using this power will destroy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Loewenherz View Post
    Sad we have to give up the Ashbringer.. but I think, they'll do something that destroys all artifacts. Something like: We are in a extremely dangerous situation. The only way to overcome this is by using all the power of all artifacts. But using this power will destroy them.
    Which is captain planet level bullshit. If THAT is what they meant by "losing artifacts will make sense", well, it'll be really weak.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I would imagine this could be the case, whether we use our artifacts to empower the pillars to defeat the Legion, awaken the World-Soul, or just close the portal. I for one firmly believe the only way we are really killing Sargeras will be when Azeroth is awakened as the new titan and destroys him.
    "Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent." -"Borrowed" from Krekko

Quote Originally Posted by Kivross View Post
    I would imagine this could be the case, whether we use our artifacts to empower the pillars to defeat the Legion, awaken the World-Soul, or just close the portal. I for one firmly believe the only way we are really killing Sargeras will be when Azeroth is awakened as the new titan and destroys him.
    I just can't understand why everybody is so hot for the idea that we use our friendsh-, I mean artifacts, in a desperate manner and noise. Mainly beacuse artifact "power level" is very unbalanced; as in Warlocks have the freakin' mammoth powered artifacts whereas warriors have the swords of some dumbass vrykul. How is the "power" of Stromkar gonna help with anything but lopping heads off? What power could Kingsfall daggers of rogues could possibly have to, ya know, unleash? It's very much bullshit.
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2016-11-06 at 10:45 AM.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I just can't understand why everybody is so hot for the idea that we use our friendsh-, I mean artifacts, in a desperate manner and noise. Mainly beacuse artifact "power level" is very unbalanced; as in Warlocks have the freakin' mammoth powered artifacts whereas warriors have the swords of some dumbass vrykul. How is the "power" of Stromkar gonna help with anything but lopping heads of? What power could Kingsfall daggers of rogues could possibly have to, ya know, unleash? It's very much bullshit.
    I dont know, its all just theories. Just going to have to wait and see what Blizz has in store for us.

P.S. I love your sig, hah!
    "Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent." -"Borrowed" from Krekko

I dont know, its all just theories. Just going to have to wait and see what Blizz has in store for us.

P.S. I love your sig, hah!
    Yeah I know it's a theory but it's being headcanon'ed so much especially in artifact threads and such, that this feedback can lead to the aformentioned bullshit beacuse after reading all these Blizz can just say fuck it let's do power-of-friendship and get it overwith, which'll be very weak.

Is it too much to ask for some creativity? I know it's Blizz we're talking about but come on, hire some writers and shit and give a proper finale to this good expansion.

(And no I don't have a "better" way to get rid of the artifacts beacuse I don't get paid to write it or anything so I'm not gonna bust my ass to impress some dudes on some forum. Peace out.)

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with that we won't wield Ashbringer anymore, but I certainly don't want it destroyed.

Have an expansion so we have to leave our order hall (even if temporary, lore-wise) and we hand the Ashbringer to the 2nd in command - someone important in the lore that we can see wield it (Like Quel'Delar for Liadrin, unless it's a fake). My biggest hope though is that we'll get a new ability that replaces Wake of Ashes, I've really grown fond of that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    My biggest hope though is that we'll get a new ability that replaces Wake of Ashes, I've really grown fond of that ability.
    I kinda doubt they'll replace the Ashbringer's staple active ability. It will definitely be interesting to see where they go with our new dragon. Just hoping its not some minor change. :/ I saw a post earlier about something along the lines of, when you judge something and use DS within a certain time you spread judge to all targets hit. That would be kinda OP though. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so please tell me what massive content and gimmick they added that they removed every expansion?
    bc daily quests and flying? totally gone sure
    wotlk multiple dificulty raids, lfd? yep gone
    cata LFR and newer cooler set bonuses? yep gone
    mop and its farm/scenarios? oh yeah also totally 100% gone, not used for anything ever
    wods garrison and bonus objectives? man yep 100% removed from the game and not used for anything else ever
    Wellll more of a recent thing but mostly I mean some new idea they test out and ditch random skills buffs in wow? Gone

Artifact bonuses quite possibly gone next expansion

Legendary questions? Removed

I am sure others but I am honestly exhausted so I cannot recall them all..Also bc vanilla and wrath are pre gimmick probably cata for the most part

7+ Year Old Account
    I kinda doubt they'll replace the Ashbringer's staple active ability.
    Well you say that but, let's just think of the things we've had that was removed this expansion that we've had since Vanilla - Seals and "Pursuit of Justice". Hammer of Wrath (Unless you want to count "Hammer of reckoning" but eh...). Auras were taken away from us around... MoP? Can barely remember when.

So I wouldn't be too surprised if they removed it. Sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    As I typed that, I remembered the Void Lords. I haven't read Chronicles yet, but could they be the new big bads if we manage to bear down Sargeras and end the legion invasions on Azeroth once and for all?
    I honestly don't see us taking down Sargeras, nor do I see us taking down the Void Lords without some serious help from outside of Azeroth.

The entire Pantheon tried to kill Sargeras once. They all died, as did several whole planets if I recall correctly.
    And Sargeras is nothing compared to the Void Lords, so how's that for laughs? Even Goku couldn't beat the Void Lords.

Now this is where I'm going to jump the gun and say one plus one equals two.

We can't get rid of Sargeras, and by extension the Legion, and we can't take down the Void Lords all by our lonesome. Leaving us with the only obvious choice of actually teaming up with the Legion to take down the Void Lords hand-in-hand with good ol' Sarge.

Before you call me a lunatic, though, think about Sargeras and his motivations.

He isn't conquering worlds just for fun. He's not doing it out of greed and lust for power. As per the Lore, Sargeras is conquering worlds en masse to be able to deny the Void Lords their entry into the "real" world. He's mass genociding left and right because he doesn't think the rest of us are quite capable of doing any good against the Void Lords, if anything, he thinks we might even help them with whatever they might want.

He finally concluded that the only way to spare the universe was to purge it in fire. Thus his grand Burning Crusade would begin.
    Quote courtesy of Wowwiki.

We fight the Legion, we fight it well, but we can't fight them forever. They just have too many demons to throw at us, and we're getting real desperate. And then, the Void Lords suddenly become an imminent threat for reasons yet unknown, forcing Sargeras to ally himself with the guys who put up one helluva fight. Even his Legion can't fight fully on two entirely different fronts, so he's got to do something, and he's got to do it fast.

A truce is struck between Sargeras, Sylvanas, and that damn Alliance brat.
    Sylvanas being the Warchief is key here. Neither Thrall nor Vol'jin would have struck such a bargain, but Sylvanas? Damn right she will.
    She only cares about survival, no matter the cost. The Alliance lordling doesn't have any choice but to play along. He can't very well be left out of that team, because Sylvanas would have him and the entire Alliance rekt in no time flat.

So, we team up with Sargeras to fight the Void Lords, but the price is high. We must needs give up the weapons that were used to slay so, so, so very many of the Legion's demons. Good bye artifacts, welcome Eredar and Felblood Elf as playable races/skin varitions.
    Last edited by Fatali; 2016-11-06 at 05:57 PM.

Appearance will stay, mechanics bound to weapon/traits will switch - you'll get new ones. Same procedure as every expac.

On a sidenote: you could arguably discuss tho probability that every ludicrous paladin alt is THE Highlord and got THE Ashbringer in his pocket.

Imho there is no Ashbringer besides the one a few got out of classic Naxx. It made sense - lorewise - that Deathknights couldn't become the next Lich Kings by obtaining his soul-devouring weapon, so they got something similar enough.
    Handing out Ashbringer to everybody and it's pony doesn't make sense except from one angle: Blizzard believes that a great bunch of it's customers are rather simple minded. "Gief Ashbringer!" - game sold.

10+ Year Old Account
    So that's it, our artifacts are going away with the expansion after Legion. Anybody else thinks this is a huge bum wrap for Paladins? I mean I could be fine if I was a Warrior and the vrykul weapons were going away beacuse who cares about that shit, but the Ashbringer...
    You'll be able to transmogrify the appearances you unlock during Legion proper, so if there's a particular appearance you like, make sure you get it before the next expansion's prepatch. So you technically don't have to give up the Ashbringer.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    You didn't honestly think that artifact weapons would become a core system for every single expansion, did you? From day one you were told that you needed to acquire a tool of unparalleled power to fend off this recent legion invasion...and considering the fact that WoW's not just going to end abruptly by us losing, we will fend them off. And when the task is done (probably by consolidating our weapons into a massive hand that'll bitchslap Sargeras across the face and delaying his arrival just a bit longer (AHEM DRAGON ASPECTS CONSOLIDATING POWER DRAGON SOUL BLAH BLAH BLAH, EXACTLY LIKE THAT PROBABLY)) our artifacts' purposes will be fulfilled. And they will be gone. And then, 6-12 months later, you can loot a green from a mob 5 levels later and it'll be better than what you've been wielding for a year.

You can just transmog to Ashbringer too after Legion, anyway. It will live on forever, without the multi-hundred thousand AP costs.
    My problem isnt that they will get old because we will have higher ilvl Items, I feel like its just stupid that they will be removed, they could just let it stay with us.
    its as stupid as removing legendary weapons from old expacks just because we are over the pack.

whats the problem with just letting them stay with players, and even letting new players get theirs.

In the past, the usual way Blizzard made such changes had been "oh, during the fight, the stuff that powers XYZ got destroyed, so XYZ perishes along the way/gets useless"

Dunno what Blizzard will pull this time. Nearly everything is possibly, maybe the five pillars devour such strong magic during their destruction (I don't believe this ancient stuff will stay around any longer, maybe Gol'Ganneth will be stolen by the Naga so they can set things in motion for another expac) or we will see Sunwell 2.0 with the (near) destruction of Suramar.
    I'm pretty sure the demons aren't walking around in Suramar for fun and giggles and just to feed some elves to their Warpships. Whatever they plan on doing needs a tremendous amount of energy, and that's what the highborne are sitting on.
    Anyway, it would be more or less fantasy "canon" that such a huge force will, by it's destruction, suck in any surrounding artifacts/magic.

P.S.: If 7.2 will bring the tomb of Sargeras (and possibly something past Kil'jaeden in mythic, like the fingertip of Sargeras ), we're free to discuss the third raid tier of this expac - and what it will be. Time for some goold ol'god-party...

You probably will feel differently in what, a year and a half?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I think it will work like any now-unobtainable legendary items (Mists cloak, Draenor ring). You can keep the actual item and put into the bank but characters made after 8.0 won't be able to start the artifact quests.
    I don't see how that would work, seeing as how no weapons drop in Legion, unless they're going to retroactively go back and add more weapons. I imagine they'd be useful while levelling, but need to be replaced at max level, or simply go unequippable, either at new max level or first new level. The artifact is such a central point of the Legion story, that I don't see them going back and removing them entirely when the next xpac launches.

Hell, even in the case of the Legendary cloaks, they were still useful while levelling in Draenor until you hit 100 and they stopped procing. At that point, they were just cloaks with inferior stats.

Deleted
    So that's it, our artifacts are going away with the expansion after Legion. Anybody else thinks this is a huge bum wrap for Paladins? I mean I could be fine if I was a Warrior and the vrykul weapons were going away beacuse who cares about that shit, but the Ashbringer...
    They alrdy said they look into transmog options for them for future exp. packs.
    So you can just transmog anything into your ashbring in the future and pretent you keep using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drakonblayde View Post
    I don't see how that would work, seeing as how no weapons drop in Legion, unless they're going to retroactively go back and add more weapons. I imagine they'd be useful while levelling, but need to be replaced at max level, or simply go unequippable, either at new max level or first new level. The artifact is such a central point of the Legion story, that I don't see them going back and removing them entirely when the next xpac launches.

Hell, even in the case of the Legendary cloaks, they were still useful while levelling in Draenor until you hit 100 and they stopped procing. At that point, they were just cloaks with inferior stats.
    My thought is that you can still get the Artifact, but won't be able to get the appearances for transmog, and you'll lose it as part of the next expansion's version of the Broken Shore (wherein you're supplied with a new weapon).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!