Poll: SE or The Journey

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Skyrim SE or Skyrim Legendary Edition w/ 450+ mod pack?

Lots of Skyrim fans praise Skyrim SE for the improved graphics etc, but what about Skyrim with it's 450 mod pack labelled "The Journey"

Within this mod pack (The Journey) includes everything you've probably downloaded (Unofficial patches, new worlds "Falskaar" etc).

I guess what I'm trying to ask is - Would you purchase Skyrim SE right now? Or would you purchase Skyrim Legendary Edition and install the 450 mod pack? This mod pack basically has what Skyrim SE has released with (Graphic enhancements, god rays, combat enhancements, skill enhancements, anything you can think of to be honest is within this pack. And hey, if you don't like how "slow" you level your skills or how "fast" you level them, you can tweak them completely. Any skill, you name it. Leveling as low as 0.1, and as fast as 2.0) but keep in mind, it's much, much more. Intense shadowing, complete ENB overhaul, god rays, new physics.. you name it.

What's your choice? Skyrim Legendary Edition with the 450 mod pack (The Journey) or Skyrim SE?
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2016-11-06 at 10:12 AM.

The one distinct advantage with SE is that it's 64-bit, it provides much better performance where the original would crash or grind to a halt. But I wouldn't buy SE now (I already own it), I'd wait until many more mods were available for it. And I wouldn't buy the LE either, because I'd rather wait for SE to be populated with more mods.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Special edition simply because it'll be the one receiving the majority of future mod support. But I own both so... yeah.

That said, currently special edition is near unplayable due to lack of mods. But that'll fix itself once SKSE-SE comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    The one distinct advantage with SE is that it's 64-bit, it provides much better performance where the original would crash or grind to a halt. But I wouldn't buy SE now (I already own it), I'd wait until many more mods were available for it. And I wouldn't buy the LE either, because I'd rather wait for SE to be populated with more mods.
    To be completely fair, I currently play Skyrim Legendary Edition with the 450 mod pack (And a few other added in such as open cities etc) and I've only had 1 CTD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Special edition simply because it'll be the one receiving the majority of future mod support. But I own both so... yeah.

That said, currently special edition is near unplayable due to lack of mods. But that'll fix itself once SKSE-SE comes out.
    I completely understand that, but you realize it's going to take about 5 years or so before receiving such mod support... Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont have any of them, was planing to buy the legendary edition before the SE but never did somehow lol, now i gotta choose between SE and legendary, atm im not buying any untill SE gets most vital mods :/
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    To be completely fair, I currently play Skyrim Legendary Edition with the 450 mod pack (And a few other added in such as open cities etc) and I've only had 1 CTD

- - - Updated - - -

I completely understand that, but you realize it's going to take about 5 years or so before receiving such mod support... Right?
    Five years? Lol, no. Most popular mod authors have already updated and uploaded their mods for the SE. The rest are waiting on SKSE for the SE. Once that's done (which has been guesstimated 6-12 months), many more popular mods will follow.

Right now, LE is king, but, personally (and of course, this is all guesstimate and assumption, because there's no real set time), I see SE surpassing the LE within a year of the SEs release. But that's of course depending upon SKSE-SE releasing relatively soon. SE being 64bit will allow -so- much more to be done than the LE, and it will be much more stable.

For now, I'm content playing SE in all it's vanilla glory because to me it's like playing a brand new game. I've spent over 3,000 hours on a modded Skyrim, and while there are plenty of things I miss (SkyUI being number one), I'm still enjoying myself and am in awe at how beautiful the game is -without- mods.

10+ Year Old Account
    SE on the long term. LE right now.

SE is a marvel if you have a powerful PC -- I can literally run at 60FPS at any given time in 1440P. The original edition, in comparison, would often drop way below that in high-populated environments.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Brodual highlights some lesser known improvements; the third point highlights the increased stability and performance increase in SE.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

- - - Updated - - -

Ummmm no it won't, Its already getting mod support and over time that support gets better.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Many mods will work with SE as-is (e.g. textures etc), many others just needs to be opened in the new CK and re-packaged. SKSE and ENB development may take some time, but I doubt that will take anywhere near the suggested 5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummmm no it won't, Its already getting mod support and over time that support gets better.
    If you think that the SE will approach the support that Vanilla did then you're fooling yourself. Many of the modders have either moved on to other games or no longer have any interest in modding anymore. I'm sure that there will be some ports over to the SE, but not all the mods will get ported over.

The only real hope for the SE is that new and interesting mods get created.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nowhere near that long. So long as the modders do a bit of a patch for existing mods so they can run on special edition without issue it'll take about a year to get back to where we were. Once SKSE comes out mods will be hitting the nexus like crazy.

you can have over 40/50 npc fighting at the same time with SSE, i dont remembem being able to have more than 10/15 without getting some sort of lag with the Original

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Nowhere near that long. So long as the modders do a bit of a patch for existing mods so they can run on special edition without issue it'll take about a year to get back to where we were. Once SKSE comes out mods will be hitting the nexus like crazy.
    Especially since both the creation kit and the nexusmods site have features to make porting easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    If you think that the SE will approach the support that Vanilla did then you're fooling yourself. Many of the modders have either moved on to other games or no longer have any interest in modding anymore. I'm sure that there will be some ports over to the SE, but not all the mods will get ported over.

The only real hope for the SE is that new and interesting mods get created.
    There are still mods being made for Morrowind and Oblivion. Skyrim will continue to be supported for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Especially since both the creation kit and the nexusmods site have features to make porting easier.
    Exactly. So long as the modder is either active or isn't too stingy about letting others port and credit them we'll likely seem most of the old mods converted to special edition within the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    There are still mods being made for Morrowind and Oblivion. Skyrim will continue to be supported for a long time.
    I have no doubt that is true. But the fact is that Skyrim in 2011 was a much bigger deal than Skyrim: SE in 2016. I do hope Skyrim: SE gets some interesting new mods that are only possible in the SE due to the increase stability though.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I have no doubt that is true. But the fact is that Skyrim in 2011 was a much bigger deal than Skyrim: SE in 2016. I do hope Skyrim: SE gets some interesting new mods that are only possible in the SE due to the increase stability though.
    But what? Do you mean to imply it is somehow different for Skyrim than it is for Oblivion and Morrowind?

Huh I never even heard of "Legendary Edition". I have my install from years ago with every mod that has always been installed (high texture, some graphics changes, all of the DLC)...

...and the SE that is so unplayable due to missing everything

Deleted
    SE because of the stability of the game. The original game ran horribly, even with plenty of user made patches installed it still crashed randomly, had too many graphical glitches, etc. At least the SE, so far, has been relatively stable.

It will get its own slew of mods eventually.