Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What happened to getting conquest points iLvl gear from random BG's?

The only thing I do in WoW is playing a few Random Battlegrounds a week. No organized activities because organizing often takes longer than the time I actually have. I just wanna spend my 20 mins on a match.
    Since Legion I noticed that things have changed (gear matters less) and I also noticed that I am only getting iLevel 835 gear from boxes. I wanna have iLevel 880 from boxes. Is it a matter of luck? or doesn't it drop from Random Battleground rewards?
    If it's impossible to get iLevel 880 from Random BG boxes I might as well delete WoW from my pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    There is no Honor/Conquest now, and you can't buy relevant gear like before Legion. Everything is RNG drops and you'll be extremely lucky to get a high lvl item or Legendary from instances other than Mythic PvE or upper-level Rated PvP. Even then you will get duplicates or items that are not best optimized for your spec.

So it's grind...grind...and grind some more. Legion is like WoD's RNG in Ashran or 3 RBG wins a week for BiS trinks...but on steroids and for all items. Except the Artifact weapon which itself is a separate, long ass grind.

Very few people like it that's for sure. You might as well uninstall because Legion sucks for PvP and it doesn't look like they'll change it significantly any time soon. You would have been better off not buying Legion and just playing lower than 110 levels.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-11-06 at 11:44 PM.

It seems to be completely RNG based and it's fucking annoying. I was getting ilvl 840 trinkets, necks and rings last night and today I'm getting 830-835 gear with literally 1 840 item. It's stupid how there seems to be absolutely no structure to the rewards

Pretty sure you can only get 880 gear from being like 2k+ in arenas. I *highly* doubt you'll ever get much past 850 from random BGs, why would they give you raid quality gear for a BG? Especially if you get a piece every win now. If you got 880 gear from BGs you'd outgear a player that does heroic raids in a couple of days.

But serious question, if all you do is random BGs why in the world do you care about having 880 gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    But serious question, if all you do is random BGs why in the world do you care about having 880 gear?
    ilvl still matters in PvP. Not as much as previously but still some. Iirc it's something like 1% stat increase for each 10ilvl gear. So serious question, if you do random BGs would you prefer to have higher or lower stats than your opponents?
    And you don't get gear for every win now. You get a box with chance of gear.

OT: Fairly sure rewards from the PvP-boxes are - like WQ's - tied to your own ilvl. Sure, you can get lucky with WF/TF and get a very high ilvl item when freshly dinged but overall the ilvl will be at or slightly above your current ilvl. Still with RNG being RNG ofc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitetroll View Post
    ilvl still matters in PvP. Not as much as previously but still some. Iirc it's something like 1% stat increase for each 10ilvl gear. So serious question, if you do random BGs would you prefer to have higher or lower stats than your opponents?

OT: Fairly sure rewards from the PvP-boxes are - like WQ's - tied to your own ilvl. Sure, you can get lucky with WF/TF and get a very high ilvl item when freshly dinged but overall the ilvl will be at or slightly above your current ilvl. Still with RNG being RNG ofc...
    Since 7.1 you always get a piece of gear every BG/RBG win.

If all you do is random BGs you're obviously just playing for fun so why care about a 3% difference?

And no, you get gear from every BG win 100% of the time, same for RBGs.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post
    Since 7.1 you always get a piece of gear every BG/RBG win.
    Does that gear change depending on your honor level/prestige level? Or is it still just blue from random and epic from RBG?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Does that gear change depending on your honor level/prestige level? Or is it still just blue from random and epic from RBG?
    I get like 835-840+ stuff. I'm not sure how the ilvl changes based on honor, it's all garbage to me unless it's titanforged anyways.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I get like 835-840+ stuff. I'm not sure how the ilvl changes based on honor, it's all garbage to me unless it's titanforged anyways.
    And what's your honor level/prestige level?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    And what's your honor level/prestige level?
    Prestige 2, level 39~.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hye Jin View Post
    The only thing I do in WoW is playing a few Random Battlegrounds a week. No organized activities because organizing often takes longer than the time I actually have. I just wanna spend my 20 mins on a match.
    Since Legion I noticed that things have changed (gear matters less) and I also noticed that I am only getting iLevel 835 gear from boxes. I wanna have iLevel 880 from boxes. Is it a matter of luck? or doesn't it drop from Random Battleground rewards?
    If it's impossible to get iLevel 880 from Random BG boxes I might as well delete WoW from my pc.
    Delete WoW from your pc.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Prestige 2, level 39~.
    Right, thanks.

Deleted
    If all you do is random BGs you're obviously just playing for fun so why care about a 3% difference?

And no, you get gear from every BG win 100% of the time, same for RBGs.
    Weird that they changed the gear to 100% every BG while changing the Arena-reward from 1 win/week to 10 wins/week.

Being 3% behind is extra fun? 3% on haste, crit, mastery and double-dipping on versatility (dmg done and dmg taken) adds up to quite a lot. If there is char progression in PvP, then obviously you want to progress you char - regardless if you just do it with random BGs. Char progression being fun is not tied to competitive gameplay.
    When I go out for a some casual soccer with my friends, I'll still wear soccer boots. Because being behind on equipment doesn't make it extra fun...

Weird that they changed the gear to 100% every BG while changing the Arena-reward from 1 win/week to 10 wins/week.

Being 3% behind is extra fun? 3% on haste, crit, mastery and double-dipping on versatility (dmg done and dmg taken) adds up to quite a lot. If there is char progression in PvP, then obviously you want to progress you char - regardless if you just do it with random BGs. Char progression being fun is not tied to competitive gameplay.
    When I go out for a some casual soccer with my friends, I'll still wear soccer boots. Because being behind on equipment doesn't make it extra fun...
    They increased the chance to get gear drops from arena too, but they just didn't make it 100% like in BGs because arenas are about 5x faster. But I guess you can't read or you'd have seen that in the patch notes.

I never said it was extra fun, I said if you're just playing for fun and not competitively 3% is completely irrelevant. I can say with 100% certainty that I could beat anyone that complains about 3% stats while I was 3% under them, because it's an irrelevant number and at that point skill plays a much higher role, and everyone decent knows that.

You can still progress your character, it just isn't super fast. How would it be fun for casual players to play BGs for two days and have full 880 gear and not be able to progress anymore for months?

I never said it was extra fun, I said if you're just playing for fun and not competitively 3% is completely irrelevant. I can say with 100% certainty that I could beat anyone that complains about 3% stats while I was 3% under them, because it's an irrelevant number and at that point skill plays a much higher role, and everyone decent knows that.
    3% is about the budget for waist. Remove your waist and tell your teammates to do the same, then play for a week. We'll see how much rating you are going to drop.

Go ahead.

Deleted
    I found an 880 Haste/Versatility Ring with a socket yesterday in a random BG. They are there, but rarer.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    3% is about the budget for waist. Remove your waist and tell your teammates to do the same, then play for a week. We'll see how much rating you are going to drop.

Go ahead.
    Er, if I remove my waist I drop from 868 to 811, which would be about a 6% difference, which is about twice as much. Close though I guess?

Regardless, I'm fairly certain we wouldn't drop very much at all. The difference isn't nearly as big as people seem to think, unless everyone just forgot previous expansions. Reckful got rank 1 back in MoP on a Rogue in blues/greens, which would be about a 50% decrease, or when he did it with weapons equipped from a previous expansion (forget when that was, maybe Wrath?). Or that Hunter whose name I forget that got 1900 in 2s in Burning Crusade wearing nothing but ring/trinket/neck/weapon.

Skill is significantly more important than gear, and it always has been. The difference is that in the past gear was a much much bigger factor, like upwards of 70%. Now gear is at max like 10%, which while still relevant isn't nearly as insurmountable.

Plus the whole point of this thread was casual PvP, where gear is pretty irrelevant because if you're playing for fun 3% is meaningless.

Er, if I remove my waist I drop from 868 to 811, which would be about a 6% difference, which is about twice as much. Close though I guess?

Regardless, I'm fairly certain we wouldn't drop very much at all. The difference isn't nearly as big as people seem to think, unless everyone just forgot previous expansions. Reckful got rank 1 back in MoP on a Rogue in blues/greens, which would be about a 50% decrease, or when he did it with weapons equipped from a previous expansion (forget when that was, maybe Wrath?). Or that Hunter whose name I forget that got 1900 in 2s in Burning Crusade wearing nothing but ring/trinket/neck/weapon.

Skill is significantly more important than gear, and it always has been. The difference is that in the past gear was a much much bigger factor, like upwards of 70%. Now gear is at max like 10%, which while still relevant isn't nearly as insurmountable.

Plus the whole point of this thread was casual PvP, where gear is pretty irrelevant because if you're playing for fun 3% is meaningless.
    First, measure by stats, not by ilvl. It's about 3% for waist or cloak, etc.

Second, go ahead and try it. No, seriously, go ahead and try. I get that you think you won't drop very much bla bla bla bla, but that's because you somehow think you can compare two different scales (skill vs stats) by eye, and you don't (and, yes, I believe I can do this better because I am converting skill to numbers first - imperfectly, but the order should be fine). I doubt you are going to convince your teammates to drop their waists same as you, but if you by any chance manage to do this, please play 30 matches after that and report the difference in rating. It is going to be (a) negative, and (b) in the hundreds (but I guess you'll just stop when you will see that you are losing too much and convince yourself that it's a bad day or bad matchups or that you have more important things to do than play arenas today, etc).

Your "skill is significantly more important than gear" looks fine, but it lacks qualifications. How much skill is equal to how much gear? You happen to think that 3% gear is little and, I don't know, 200 MMR is a lot. While in fact, it might be - and, I argue, is - the reverse. But don't take my word for it, go and experiment for yourself.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-11-07 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    First, measure by stats, not by ilvl. It's about 3% for waist or cloak
    Honestly stopped reading there, that isn't how scaling works in PvP. It's scaled by ilvl, so yes, you should measure by ilvl. But if you don't know the basics of how the system works there's no real reason to discuss it with you.