Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Friend who was a GW1 player was getting hyped about it and I started getting hyped when he showed me all the shit for it. The long awaited launch was great when i managed to connect and my fps was somewhat stable.

Deleted
    GW1... loved it and hoped the 2nd one would be the same, just with multiple races and paladins (guardians, i know ), which is why i was very hyped for it.

Deleted
    Mmo-champion actually
    I always spent time here because of Wow, but Cataclysm failed me and I, for the first time, started to reading about other games on this forum.
    GW2 caught my eye, and my hype. Unfortunately it didn't turn out as the great pvp game I hoped for

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The wait from when GW2 was announced (2007) to release (2012) was excruciating.

I remember that waiting period being so full of speculation, rumor and wild theories. For literal years, friends and guild mates of mine routinely would pine for and many claimed to to be 'waiting for' GW2. Nearly a day did not go by where some guildmate or friend mentioned the long wait for GW2.
    Pretty close for me.

That wait was painful. My friend got the beta - I didn't. So while he was at work at i was at his apartment playing. No sleep for beta.

The Hunger Games event was awesome, my friend was like, "If the actual game is like this it's going to be awesome." He made it to max level and quit.

I heard about the game via the announcement. Not sure where i found the announcement though? I did play GW1.

A friend on another forum ran a thread about it. Did a bit of reading. This was during late Cata/early MoP and I was pretty bored of WoW so I switched over.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    IRL friend played GW1 a lot, made a bunch of us try GW2 when it came out. Great leveling experience but not much to do at max level so we quit only to come back with raids.

One of my cousins was making a big fuss about it when it was about to come out. He was really into WoW and got me into along with a lot of other "nerdy" things like baldur's gate. I tried it out later on.

Deleted
    I played Guild Wars 1, not really hardcore tho but I enjoyed it. Than I saw a trailer on Youtube about Guild Wars 2 and was sold instantly!