Woman fighting for life after punched by man

A 19 year old woman is fighting for her life after being punched by a man, here is the video of the adult in question:

WARNING GRAPHIC VIOLENCE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7m0x9rqPTPo

Now if you watch this, this young woman attacked this guy first and the guy defended himself, which in a court of law would make the woman at fault. The woman just picked a fight with the wrong person and could pay the ultimate price for it.

But it raises an interesting question.

If a woman punches a man does the man have the right to defend himself? I say most definitely because all it takes is one punch from anyone and if they hit you the right way you could get knocked out and hit your head on the ground and crack your skull open.

Woman want equality, I suggest you keep your acts of violence to yourself, there should not be sympathy if you chose to talk with your fists.

Jimmy Thick- She should have asked a guy to handle it.

Deleted
    Equality working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...I-missing-here

Already a 29 page thread open for this one.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    sick of this debate. You don't punch women just like you don't punch the shit out of the elderly and kids. it's a no brainer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    sick of this debate. You don't punch people just like you don't punch the shit out of the people and people. it's a no brainer.
    Fixed that for ya.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

Already a 29 page thread open for this one.

Whoops, didn't look back far enough, my bad.

Can a mod delete or merge this please?

So judging by the video she hit him first. He had every right to defend himself. That's how equality works. Though I'm curious what led up to this. The video seems like they cherry picked it.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

sick of this debate. You don't punch women just like you don't punch the shit out of the elderly and kids. it's a no brainer.
    Grow up, you are too old for this world. Women wont hesitate abusing you, if you let them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Obviously it's not a great situation, but he hit her once after she struck him and then immediately backed off, so as far as I'm concerned he's completely in the right. Granted, the video lacks basically any context, so maybe the altercation really wasn't provoked by her as the video suggests, but assuming it correctly shows who started it, I'd say this is nothing more than a great argument against going around starting physical altercations with others.
    Agreed. Regardless of gender if you hit someone expect them to hit you back.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Well she hit him first, you reap what you sow I guess
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Actually, if she was not a serious threat to the guy, he could still be charged.

If a 10 year old kid takes a swing at a 20 year old guy, he would definitely be charged with battery. Not saying that it will happen in this case, but just because she took a swing first doesn't put him in the clear. There are laws that call for no more than reasonable force necessary to defend yourself.

If it's an insult to open a door for a woman nowadays, then it's an insult not to punch them back. I'm not pro punch a woman, I'll let them have a few free swings as long as they miss. But I've changed my attitude to support equality for all. If you feel that you capable of punching me, then I feel your capable of taking my return fire.

Kids lack good judgement. So you can excuse their foolishness. I've not seen any elderly throw any punches

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    If a 10 year old kid takes a swing at a 20 year old guy, he would definitely be charged with battery. Not saying that it will happen in this case, but just because she took a swing first doesn't put him in the clear. There are laws that call for no more than reasonable force necessary to defend yourself.
    Guess it would depend on the jury you get. Dude took a bit of a wild swing, doesn't make me think he's a trained fighter, so I'm not sure how he's supposed to know to only punch with 8.2 PSI pressure. She hit him, he knee jerked swung back, she has a glass jaw and went down. This wasn't a clean draw back, precision punch with excellent form. Guys have been knocked the hell out just as easy
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-11-07 at 11:16 PM.

By fighting for life, I am assuming the women is in a critical medical condition. The guy should be charged with 2nd degree murder if woman dies. If you punch a women with entirety of your strength to "protect yourself" from her slap, there is a high chance you are going to cause serious damage.

Most people seem like they misunderstand self-defence. If you want to self defend yourself from a woman, you can always back to fuck off or hold her hands instead of breaking her neck with your punch.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there already a thread on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    By fighting for life, I am assuming the women is in a critical medical condition. The guy should be charged with 2nd degree murder if woman dies. If you punch a women with entirety of your strength to "protect yourself" from her slap, there is a high chance you are going to cause serious damage.

Most people seem like they misunderstand self-defence. If you want to self defend yourself from a woman, you can always back to fuck off or hold her hands instead of breaking her neck with your punch.
    She punched him in the face, he punched her back in her face, the damage was caused by how she fell, she doesn't have any marks on her face where he hit her.

fighting for her life from one punch or from the drop to the ground? its not like he hauled off and got on top of her ground and pound style. not saying what he did was right just pointing out some stuff

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Actually, if she was not a serious threat to the guy, he could still be charged.

Actually in that situation the 20 year old would be looking at half a dozen charges, not just assault or battery depending on the laws of the area. And if you get the wrong DA in the wrong jurisdiction they may push for attempted murder just want to set an example.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

This is for you, good sir.

https://youtu.be/dtVHnZX8E50

Yep, there's already a thread about this here-

Since merging at this point would cause a huge mess of the other thread, I'll just close it here.