Did I make a mistake?

I just came back to the game today and outlaw looked pretty fun. Today I leveled 100-105 as outlaw with the artifact weapon and got a few levels. Now that I read more it sounds like I'm locked into it, which I wouldn't mind because I love outlaw, but I'm hearing its trash in PvP rn and I should have gone assassination. How viable is outlaw? I'm not looking for a gladiator push this season or anything, just bored irl so I finally got the x-pac to do arenas with friends.

Is it "old arcane mage" viable? Or is it still in the area of "play what you like"

Although I loved the old sub, I don't really like current assassination tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Everything is artificially prolonging the game, it's called the game

Deleted
    Putting a few levels into a different spec is hardly a gamechanger. The AP you gain now is miniscule compared to what you gain at 110, especially once Artifact Knowledge starts kicking in. You can comfortably put up to 13 points in a spec without worrying at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    Putting a few levels into a different spec is hardly a gamechanger. The AP you gain now is miniscule compared to what you gain at 110, especially once Artifact Knowledge starts kicking in. You can comfortably put up to 13 points in a spec without worrying at all.
    I honestly thought I posted this in the rogue class forum. Its good to know that though - I am also wondering if I need to play assassination to be viable in PvP, or if outlaw/sub are any good. Or if its more of "if you're good at outlaw, you'll do fine at outlaw"

You're 105 so you can do the other 2 quests for the other 2 artifact weapons.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    The meager AP you get from 100-105 level doesn't really mean anything, you can catch up pretty quickly at max level using world quests or even pvp. The traits become a lot more expensive later on.
    Regarding outlaw x assa - assa is way better in pvp. The damage you can dish out as assassination is just way higher. I haven't met many outlaw rogues which gave us much problem in arenas and our rogue got way better results after respeccing from outlaw to assa. We generally play on lower ratings though, but afaik only assa is being played in the higher ratings and even that is quite rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmate View Post
    The meager AP you get from 100-105 level doesn't really mean anything, you can catch up pretty quickly at max level using world quests or even pvp. The traits become a lot more expensive later on.
    Regarding outlaw x assa - assa is way better in pvp. The damage you can dish out as assassination is just way higher. I haven't met many outlaw rogues which gave us much problem in arenas and our rogue got way better results after respeccing from outlaw to assa. We generally play on lower ratings though, but afaik only assa is being played in the higher ratings and even that is quite rare.
    Define higher ratings to you? Again, wasn't trying to go high, just like 2k-2.1kish. If its that bad I'd rather go sub. I'd play my mage before I played assassination I love gouge and blind too much. The spec was cool in pre-patch but I just kept pressing blind keybind expecting to blind them and gouge keybind expecting to gouge them.

Idk the whole reason I liked playing a rogue was because it has such good control - sin feels like it doesn't have that anymore. I really just wanna hop back on and play rogue-mage-x like I've been able to since forever LOL
    Last edited by Teaklog; 2016-11-08 at 12:36 AM.

I got almost 10k AP for each blue piece now. You're def not locked and all my weapons are 26/24/19. You'll be fine. It's all about artifact knowledge which is a time killer.