Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well when with taurens you can't walk through half the doors in the world while mounted and when (imo) no transmog looks decent on a troll/orc male then yeah. There's also the racial which is pretty useful in PvE & PvP.

give me horde races that don't hunch and I'll roll an orc/troll in an instant. Hell, I'd like an unhunched undead as well.

Til then, I'm good with the BEs.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Well, What i would like is if they just temporarly remove them from the game, Give everyone a free race change then enable them after a month or so, Just so the population goes back into the true horde races

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a beautiful lady cow, tyvm

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

I play BE on my tanks since the AoE silence is OP for dungeons, specially MM+. I also play undead and tauren, fucks orcs, I hate them with a passion and the only fact that Legion is empty of orcs makes it great.

Deleted
    WTB not hunched horde models

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=melodramocracy;43174349]Makes perfect sense. They're scaled well for most mounts, armor tends to look the best on them, and they can be a wide range of classes.

Did they fix the small weapon/shield sizes for female bloodelf? Last time checked, Gurthalak was nearly half the size on a female bloodelf than on a female human character.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    belf 4 lyfe

Deleted
    Proportions.. They scale well imo.

I prefer the Horde lore but my god do most of the races have awful proportions. Taurens and Orcs especially. They look so cumbersome. Alliance certainly have the better races looks wise. I'm in a perma state of deviate delight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post

Did they fix the small weapon/shield sizes for female bloodelf? Last time checked, Gurthalak was nearly half the size on a female bloodelf than on a female human character.
    Yes, they did make the weapons bigger for them! That was always one of my main complaints to playing my paladin (now a draenei) years ago.

Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Citadel1 View Post
    I used to remember the horde hating on elves, there was that youtube video of the two tauren singing about hating elves. But now Elves are the most popular and prevalent horde race. I'd like to hear horde players perspectives on this.
    Dont care if Horde is full of Elf players.
    Aslong it will remain the only race that dont fit in the Horde and is just there for ppl to jion the faction to look pretty.

Very unsurprising when you consider how the game has changed. WoW used to be hardcore played horde, casuals/kids played alliance. The best raiders were horde, the best arena players were horde. Even when alliance had better racials, people still stayed horde because there were so many more hardcore players.

Since then the game has been dumbed down a lot, people have moved on, the pvp community is a shadow of what it used to be. I don't think there are many hardcore WW players left, they have mostly gone to other games. Increasingly the WoW playerbase is casual and female so it makes sense that the "soft" races are more popular.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care and I've been horde since the beginning. I mainly play BE now because I like how they look in most armor and Kael'thas was my favorite WC3 character. I think unless maybe you play on an rp realm that the whole condescending attitude toward BE players is dumb, let people play what they like.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Well, What i would like is if they just temporarly remove them from the game, Give everyone a free race change then enable them after a month or so, Just so the population goes back into the true horde races
    Why? Take away a race that a lot of people enjoy playing as simply because you don't like them and think they don't belong to the horde?

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Very unsurprising when you consider how the game has changed. WoW used to be hardcore played horde, casuals/kids played alliance. The best raiders were horde, the best arena players were horde. Even when alliance had better racials, people still stayed horde because there were so many more hardcore players.

Since then the game has been dumbed down a lot, people have moved on, the pvp community is a shadow of what it used to be. I don't think there are many hardcore WW players left, they have mostly gone to other games. Increasingly the WoW playerbase is casual and female so it makes sense that the "soft" races are more popular.
    you guys are like the old man of Benny hill show.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I like blood elves, I just choose not to roll one since they are too common. Whats the point in rolling the same race everyone else is if you're not unique. This game has very few customizations as is.

Deleted
    So what's the issue you're getting at?
    Horde being too teen a concept to have people pick horde characters for non-mechanical reasons?
    Some hordies being butthurt about it? That surely never dies, since I already saw an edgy teen in this thread complaining about straight guys running around in slutmogs.
    It's been some years since the moment belf started dominating Horde population, hasn't it?
    The race was introduced for the very purpose of making Horde a viable choice for people over 11 so all's fine and dandy isn't it?

Yeah the BE females, the shield still looks like a Yugioh Duel Disk

Deleted
    I play mostly Undead, but Belves are the second horde race i like.
    For me its Undead > Worgen > Belves > rest.. but cuz i hate alliance, i cant play worgen...
    I even like Silvermoon City... large, epic, colorful, nice, and completly empty, which makes alot of sense, storywise many are dead... Music and quest of the belf zones are nice too...

Belves are nice and Aethas Sunreaver did nothing wrong

Deleted
    If the other male races in the horde weren't hunched like a 90y old man, maybe people wouldn't be so attracted to belf.
    When I was horde I played tauren for years, until I got bored of having every helm in the game look stupid and the ridicoulus scaling of armor pieces. What to do, reroll in undead and be even more hunched and have have bermuda+tshirt armor model? Orc with their scoliosis and ridicolously scaled shoulders? Let's not even talk about trolls.

Belf are simply more appealing because they are proportioned (male at least) and have well scaled mounts and armor. Also, they can chose classes that most other races in the horde can't.

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    I like blood elves, I just choose not to roll one since they are too common. Whats the point in rolling the same race everyone else is if you're not unique. This game has very few customizations as is.
    You could roll any other race and you still wouldn't be unique. Slightly less common? Sure. LIKE a female Tauren anything. But they exist like every other class/race combo, so just play what is visually appealing to you.

I mostly play BE and I'm a vanilla player. My characters are always BE, undead, or orc. I have 1 tauren, which is a druid, made him in bc. 1 goblin rogue, which I regret and don't want to pay for a change.