Page 1 of 549
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

U.S. Presidential Election Day Megathread [Official]

Now that election day is finally upon us, we're going to try and keep the discussion to just one megathread; there are already several election day polls and other various threads cluttering up the pages.

This thread has been designated for discussion of the United States Presidential Election Day. Specific candidate discussions can be kept to the already created GOP and DNC threads.

Please remember:

1) Flaming other users, no matter how much you disagree, is not okay. If you're that angry, just take a breather.

2) Everyone has to play nice. Please be respectful of other posters and remember the forum rules.

3) Please try and keep the discussion to the day of election events - anything and everything of what happens as the United States casts their ballots. Again, specific discussions of the candidates themselves should be taken to their respective megathreads.

4) Everything and anything to do with the day-of-election is fair game.

I will update with links that provide real time election coverage and/or good exit poll data.

Real Time Live Coverage:

http://www.politico.com/2016-electio.../map/president[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by cubby; 2016-11-08 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume we will be able to watch the race in real time here:

http://www.politico.com/2016-electio.../map/president
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they mailed you an "I Voted!" sticker when you vote absentee :'(

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I wish they mailed you an "I Voted!" sticker when you vote absentee :'(
    Kept mine when I early voted a few weeks back. Going to wear mine tomorrow! ^_^

I've also debated wearing a sandwich board into work saying on it "The end is neigh!" - the beauty of just writing that is that it could mean either candidate, or merely the fact that the election is almost over! :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Kept mine when I early voted a few weeks back. Going to wear mine tomorrow! ^_^

I've also debated wearing a sandwich board into work saying on it "The end is neigh!" - the beauty of just writing that is that it could mean either candidate, or merely the fact that the election is almost over! :P
    If you wore that they'd all just ask why the end is a horse... <3

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    If you wore that they'd all just ask why the end is a horse... <3
    ...if I did write this, I think now I would leave in my grammar error - just to add to the effect! thanks! :P

a local trump supporter wanted me to vote for him. a very nice elderly lady. she claims if i do that god will deliver dividends upon me.

kind of reminded me of the seed money bit john oliver did on his show

#NEVERTRUMP

Edit: for the people who think this is an invalid ballot:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post43175432

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Nah, haha I spent a couple of hours looking through the laws as posted online and I asked my brother, who is a lawyer. It's a perfectly valid ballot.

I also learned that in Massachusetts you're entitled to a maximum of three ballots. If I tore the first one in half, I could ask for a second. If I drew a giant dong on it and defaced large portions of it, I could ask for a third. If I answered everything with an X instead of filling out an oval, the election staff is not required to give me a fourth ballot.

As far as writing outside of the designated area, you can generally write anywhere you want so long as it doesn't hinder the scantron's ability to read your fully filled in oval or constitute a purposeful large defacement (a big X). This is because some people underline what they read to help them read it and use other learning aids, particularly if English isn't their first language.

Taking a photo of my ballot could get me fined $50 and a citation (it's not even a misdemeanor), but it's never once been enforced and I though the occasion merited a modest violation.

It varies by state though. So nobody should do it just because I did, particularly in swing states.
    Also

https://www.cambridgema.gov/~/~/medi...C045D57B8.ashx
    SS9 (a):No ballot shall be held invalid because the names of
    candidates thereon for whom the voter did not mark a choice have been stricken out, unless
    such striking out constitutes an identifying mark. A single cross on a ballot on which no
    figure 1 appears shall be considered equivalent to the figure 1. If a ballot contains both
    figures and crosses, the order of the choice shown by the figures shall be taken as the voter's
    intention in so far as the order is clearly indicated. If the consecutive numerical order of the
    figures on a ballot is broken by the omission of one or more figures, the smallest number
    marked shall be taken to indicate the voter's first choice,

You lose motherfuckers.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2016-11-08 at 09:10 PM.

#NEVERTRUMP
    Ha, typical dumb voter ...writing fascist on the wrong line.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

#NEVERTRUMP
    Why is it called the Green-Rainbow party on your ballot?

- - - Updated - - -

check out this nice meme boys

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted a few days ago since I'm leaving for Florida (which ought to be interesting) in about 4 hours. My state is a blue state so no fear of it turning Circus Peanut Orange.

*Queues music from the song "The Final Countdown"

It's probably overused but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...if I did write this, I think now I would leave in my grammar error - just to add to the effect! thanks! :P
    If you did it wearing one of those horse masks that were everywhere a couple of years ago it'd be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    *Queues music from the song "The Final Countdown"

It's probably overused but yeah.
    Surely it's got the be "It's the end of the world".

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Voted a few days ago since I'm leaving for Florida (which ought to be interesting) in about 4 hours. My state is a blue state so no fear of it turning Circus Peanut Orange.
    Good call leaving Chicago.

If Trump does win that city will be on fire, literally.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Why is it called the Green-Rainbow party on your ballot?

- - - Updated - - -

check out this nice meme boys
    Probably a joint State ticket would be my guess, that represents the Green Party in this state. They're always Green-Rainbow. Maybe like how in Minessota the Democratic Party is technically the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party that while aligned with the US Democratic Party is distinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    You are truly our Mark Twain.

Good call leaving Chicago.

If Trump does win that city will be on fire, literally.
    1) Not sure which fantasy election you vote in, butPresidents don't win cities, but states.

2) Lol@Dump winning anything in my state of Illinois, let alone Chicago. :P

EDIT: Bah - misread the quote... i'm smegging tired. >_<

Anyways, no - Chicago will be fine. Last I checked there were no armed 2nd amendment redneck "Yee-Hawdist" militias forming to protect Hillary Clinton.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2016-11-08 at 07:14 AM.

No. We're putting a stop to your side's nonsense by calling it what it is.

This isn't just a vote against Trump. He's a symptom. It's a vote against everyone who supports him, like you. People like you made him possible and people like you are going down, hard.

I cant wait to vote tomorrow, even though I live in garbage blue California.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got my popcorn and 3D-glasses ready! Go election!