Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    agh, i didnt said anything becuase i thought i was the only one. always, dalaran or WoD Garrison... i have to kill the wow.exe process -.-

- - - Updated - - -

i will try reseting my hamster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I've reinstalled the client, and I'm running it on an SSD. Since it's specific to some characters, I'm concerned a UI reset might be the only way to fix but I reeeeeeally don't want to do that, especially if it's not even a guarantee it will fix (disabling all addons, for example, does not help).

But maybe that information is helpful to other people.
    I tried the Cache / WTF / Interface Old thing and it did not work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Well, if it happens on 1 PC and not the other. Odds are pretty good it's a PC problem.

Not sure how much access you have to the parents PC, but if it's working fine, obviously comparing settings might give you a clue.
    I don't think it's necessarily PC related. I mean, many many many players have these issues since 7.1. And the PC of my parents is pretty "bad" compared to mine although both got an SSD.

Deleted
    Having same issue. Also get some annoying stutter from time to time. Game just freezing to load something. Like doing pvp is impossible for the first 5 mintues.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone in another thread mentioned that turning off Blizzards streaming downloads prevents the launcher from trying to perma DL the hotfix patches and solves the long load times. I havent tried it myself because im like super lazy.

[edit]

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post43159574
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post43161816
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-11-08 at 10:48 PM.

Hi all, I wanted to clarify that this issue is still being investigated by our Quality Assurance team. We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and hope to have this worked out before too much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don't think it's necessarily PC related. I mean, many many many players have these issues since 7.1. And the PC of my parents is pretty "bad" compared to mine although both got an SSD.
    You could be right, but a bad, aka old slow PC that loads without issue vs a newer\speedier PC that has the issues, is still a pretty telling tell. Back in Battlefield 4, we had random bugs that popped up and sometimes it was the folks with the i7s with Hyper threading on that had issues that the older slower folks didn't have. Disable HT and the stutters went away. Other people had win7 boxes with issues, but Win8 did not. Turns out it was certain power saving settings that caused it.

Over the years, I've had various WoW issues. In most all cases, if I had one system with an issue and one without, I was able to find the difference and resolve the issue. That doesn't mean Blizzard didn't later release a fix for some of the issues, but I'd rather have a working system than wait to see if a fix every comes out. Obviously you can only do so much, but just checking all the obvious basic things could net you a solution that gets you back to a happy place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quintex View Post
    My WoW is also on an SSD with a high end gaming rig, it matters nothing. Its a problem from blizzards side that affects a bunch of people but far from everyone. Be glad you are not affected and the rest of us will cross our fingers that they'll fix it some day.
    Be happy that you arent playing SWTOR during launch year.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hi all, I wanted to clarify that this issue is still being investigated by our Quality Assurance team. We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and hope to have this worked out before too much longer.
    Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Doesn't necessarily mean a good PC vs bad PC reflection. It could be some kind of driver issue or something like that.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

My problem is: why only Dalaran? What's so special or different about it than other loading screens? For me it just freezes when I'm going to Dalaran (okay, going into the class hall takes pretty long times to load as well but I need to force close the game only when my loading screen is revolving around Dalaran).

I know a friend of mine had this issue back in WotLK. He never logged out in Dalaran because he wasn't able to log in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Buy an SSD
    Great advice, next I will make sure my computer is plugged in before I try to log in.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Have never experienced this cause i downloaded the game all fresh 10 hours before Legion launched when i saw my folder was 52GB when the actual game itself was a 37GB download as an IT it was obvious to know they fucked up with clearing older data.

Every friend that has this issue has a 50GB+ Data folder, and those that deleted it and re-downloaded it stopped experiencing it, those that simply cant cause horrible connections and 3 days without WoW, have loading screen problems randomly.

Data folder after 7.1 is like 40GB (or less, pretty sure 7.1 left some leftovers too ) having anything more than that means you have useless data and probably doesnt help your case.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-11-08 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Have never experienced this cause i downloaded the game all fresh 10 hours before Legion launched when i saw my folder was 52GB when the actual game itself was a 37GB download as an IT it was obvious to know they fucked up with clearing older data.
    That's something I reckognized as well. On my PC WoW has 49GB, on my parents PC (installed it last week) it has only ~ 35GB. 14GB difference - how is that possible?

Deleted
    Can anyone with this loading screen issue try and connect to wow using a mobile phones data connection. I'm curious to see if its something between blizzard and certain isp's as it doesn't appear to be user hardware.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's most likely a networking issue on Blizzard's end. When you switch zones it's downloading data from the server as well as loading the zone from your PC. If nothing on your end has changed network wise then it's either your ISP or a bottleneck on Blizzard's end. I've noticed it as well and I have 19ms pings to Blizzard on average. Looks like Blizzard is aware of it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

This issue started for me when 7.1 came out, during the zone in to dalaran load screen it would often get stuck at about 75 percent loaded and sit there for ages, I had to force close the wow process.

I then tried moving my wow folder to my SSD drive and somehow this has resolved the problem loading into dalaran. Not sure what this did to fix it as looking at my perf monitor during the stuck load my mechanical hdd wasn't actually under load.

Hope blizz gets it fixed for you guys, it was driving me crazy.

I just pre-cache areas i'm likely to goto like broken isles, the raids, and so on so that when I hit a load screen it finishes in under a second because it's already there and ready to roll. Loads so fast, it takes a second or two for the mobs to even appear when I get to the other side. If you have a high end rig with a lot of ram presumably, you might explore that option as well.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    I just pre-cache areas i'm likely to goto like broken isles, the raids, and so on so that when I hit a load screen it finishes in under a second because it's already there and ready to roll. Loads so fast, it takes a second or two for the mobs to even appear when I get to the other side. If you have a high end rig with a lot of ram presumably, you might explore that option as well.
    Id have the Cache all of Wow because it pretty much happens every where at random times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Be happy that you arent playing SWTOR during launch year.
    Fun thing, i did. And it was about comparable to this, the loading screens were batshit retarded but then again, after just a few months SWTOR itself turned batshit retarded.

Huttball sure was fun for a while though. Would love something similar in wow tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Great advice, next I will make sure my computer is plugged in before I try to log in.
    Seriously though, I have no load issues. User error.