Thread: clickbait

clickbait

Hi all, just gonna drop this quote here:

Hey,

Rogues have a huge problem right now.

When you are on the LEFT side of the mob, your dont get energy reg from Rupture. You will see the +Energy in your Addons, but your energy bar wont increase. You can test it.

We just did Karazhan, and our rogue didnt receive energy on the LEFT side of the mob (when you stand behind him). On the right side and in front of the boss, everything was fine!

Not sure if its a Kara only thing. On the Target Dummy, everything seems to work fine.

We had suspicion the whole instance. One of our party members recalled that he read something about this bug just recently. That you dont receive energy on one side of the mob.

We then went on to test it on the Shade of Medivh, because its a stationary fight and he could move around as he wanted. I was tanking the Boss facing the Wall, to the rogue was standing with his back to the entrance. When you stand BEHIND the boss, then on the LEFT side of the boss, you dont get energy. When you stand exactly behind him (or in front, or on the right side) you will get energy as usual.

After that, he went on to test it on the trash too (those big rats / boogs in the devour room) and the could reproduce it as well.

You wont receive the Rupture ticks.

Its kinda of the same as this one big fat mob in Vault of the Wardens. The one that blocks the door with many imps in front of him. When you stand behind that mob, you wont receive ressources (any kind). DH for examply doesnt get rage.

AND

(cannot post link yet but available on EU forums)

On wipes 7, 8, 9 and 11 I didn't get any energy from vigorous vim in the first few seconds of the fight despite putting up rupture after garrote just like every other attempt.
    On 11 it's particularly bad, I applied rupture at 00:00:01.373 yet didn't get energy until 00:00:08.394. That's basically 60 energy down the drain.

I can't accurately verify my positioning sadly but it's very likely it's the bug OP is describing.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or is anyone happy to test this?

If this is actually the case that is terrible... makes you wonder what else is wrong that people dont know about.

Can we stop with these click bait titles? Unless it's verified, it is not a terrible bug, it is a possible terrible bug. I feel like reading the yellow press or internet ads.
    "Raid leaders HATE this rogue!"

edit:

i wasnt able to replicate a situation without energy gain by Venomous Vim on either Ursoc oder dragon in EN LFR just now.
    Last edited by ymirsson; 2016-11-08 at 10:41 PM.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

New account just to post bullshit like this? Nice.

Deleted
    I noticed that when Between the eyes comes off cd sooner due to true bearing, I cant use it for a few secs.
    Ability is off cd, animation starts playing then cancels.
    Anyone else seen this?

about the energy regen...in general i think op is totally bullshit but i might agree that sometimes the energy regen is weirdly low...like...sometimes you rly have nearly 0...(speaking of outlaw)..then after few seconds and moving left n right like a mad man it works again...this said - its not due a trinket haste procc or stuff...same buff....no proccs..just weird energy regen...i think smth !could! be rly bugged..but i dont think its based on mob position or anything...who knows..

Closing. Clickbait title and for reporting bugs you need to open a GM ticket or write in the official forums.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.