Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The overtime rule

https://www.dol.gov/featured/overtime

what would it take to get this overturned, and would trumpy do it?

I hope he does, I'd like him a little more.

Despite liberals screaming that nothing about Trump is good for them, Trump has no real plans to mess with social security, medicare or medicaid or basically anything entitlements besides the ACA.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post

Despite liberals screaming that nothing about Trump is good for them, Trump has no real plans to mess with social security, medicare or medicaid or basically anything entitlements besides the ACA.
    so you're ok with people being worked and not being adequately compensated?

No, that wouldn't be overturned.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by cocoapuffs View Post
    so you're ok with people being worked and not being adequately compensated?
    I'm ok with a private employer and employee agreeing to a wage without the government interfering and setting rules.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    No, that wouldn't be overturned.
    hes already expressed opposition to it

i was thinking overwatch.....

I'm ok with a private employer and employee agreeing to a wage without the government interfering and setting rules.

That's not how it works, even if it sounds good on paper. Employer and employee are not on an equal level of power most of the time. This just leads to exploitation because the small employee has no leverage and the company just finds a cheaper replacement for you that eats their shit without complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    That's not how it works, even if it sounds good on paper. Employer and employee are not on an equal level of power most of the time. This just leads to exploitation because the small employee has no leverage and the company just finds a cheaper replacement for you that eats their shit without complaining.
    exactly

well a month of the extra money will be nice, but a real slap in the face when it gets removed by the SOB

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    This is a very complex economic question that people with PhDs disagree on. I approach the question from a moral perspective because philosophy is more of my field.

No, Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    No, Just no.
    oh why not, who needs an actual pay if they work over 40 hours...

This is a very complex economic question that people with PhDs disagree on. I approach the question from a moral perspective because philosophy is more of my field.
    So maybe you should stay out of it as it is not in your field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So maybe you should stay out of it as it is not in your field.
    Nor is it likely yours.

There is a very good reason this exists so you can't call them salary and overwork them to death for slightly over minimum wage.

It's a win win for employees so unless you are an employer you are only hurting yourself.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    If businesses and their owners could be trusted with being moral beings, this would likely be unnecessary. But we don't live in such an imaginary world.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    If businesses and their owners could be trusted with being moral beings, this would likely be unnecessary. But we don't live in such an imaginary world.
    yeah, and the only thing i can find about trump talking about it is him wanting to make it to where it didnt apply to small businesses

Morally, I think it's wrong for employers to exploit employees..which is generally what would happen.

The aca and medicaid are linked, and being losing health insurance is in fact literally life or death for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really approach a question like that in a vacuum, the whole reason unions are a thing is specifically because a single employee doesn't have anywhere near the bargaining power that a company/corporation has.