Trinket / Stat help

Hey everyone,

Just a few quick questions about my current gear setup and the best way to optimize.. last night on m nythendra I ran an 870 Fan / 870 Spontaneous App. The spontaneous accounted for about 6% of my damage whereas the Fan was about 3.3. Pretty substantial difference in procs. However the Fan gives me a nice AGI Bonus where the Spon. Gives me the mastery boost i could currently use.. I then luckily bonus rolled a Bloodthirsty Instinct 890 so I will be using that. Fan sims the highest but doesn't seem to always hold true.

In an EP/AP build my stats are..

With Fan
    44.19 crit
    97.90 Mastery.

With Spontaneous
    44.5x crit
    106-108% Mastery

Just looking for some input between the two due to the effectiveness that mastery has on the build. It would be nice to be near 110% Mastery but I can't seem to decide if the AGI loss is worth it. Yes I've simmed it so don't tell me to do that. Need real input here.

Thanks!

Congratulations on the 890 ursoc trinket. IN your case many people would say sim it.. BUt i will tell you that Spontaneous app althought has no agility on it the Mastery and the proc damage that amounts to about 6% damage overall will make up for the agility loss. Now as for your question should you replace the SSF 870 with the ursoc trinket or vise a versa. I will tell you that Ursoc 890 that procs around 5000 haste is better then your SSF 870. I would go with Spontaneous APP because i recently got a 880 version myself and it did 7% to 8% for me, and replace the SSF with the 880 ursoc. Ursoc trinket will proc alot therefore your attacks will get faster therefore your SPONTaneous app trinket will proc faster as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkabar View Post
    Hey everyone,

Just a few quick questions about my current gear setup and the best way to optimize.. last night on m nythendra I ran an 870 Fan / 870 Spontaneous App. The spontaneous accounted for about 6% of my damage whereas the Fan was about 3.3. Pretty substantial difference in procs. However the Fan gives me a nice AGI Bonus where the Spon. Gives me the mastery boost i could currently use.. I then luckily bonus rolled a Bloodthirsty Instinct 890 so I will be using that. Fan sims the highest but doesn't seem to always hold true.

In an EP/AP build my stats are..

With Fan
    44.19 crit
    97.90 Mastery.

With Spontaneous
    44.5x crit
    106-108% Mastery

Just looking for some input between the two due to the effectiveness that mastery has on the build. It would be nice to be near 110% Mastery but I can't seem to decide if the AGI loss is worth it. Yes I've simmed it so don't tell me to do that. Need real input here.

Thanks!
    What would be real input though? Damage breakdowns of people with gear, raid composition and tactics different from yours? Cool stories of guys with single posts to their account?
    You simmed it. You have the most objective numbers, anything else is hearsay. Why not simply use the other trinket next raid and compare your own performance?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    What would be real input though? Damage breakdowns of people with gear, raid composition and tactics different from yours? Cool stories of guys with single posts to their account?
    You simmed it. You have the most objective numbers, anything else is hearsay. Why not simply use the other trinket next raid and compare your own performance?
    This is a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Oh I don't know? Maybe a conversation with personal inputs from people who have tried both. Maybe just talk back and forth with a discussion on why which could be better than the other? This is a forum right? Where people can go talk and discuss things. Don't be an elitist prick.

Oh I don't know? Maybe a conversation with personal inputs from people who have tried both. Maybe just talk back and forth with a discussion on why which could be better than the other? This is a forum right? Where people can go talk and discuss things. Don't be an elitist prick.
    I'm not, you were the one to say that you only want specific input.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Ymirsson you saying that doesn't help him it only makes you stupid to even reply to him such a way you did. DUDE he just wants some answers and input from people.. Dude are you like this to your friends when they ask you about stuff you just say JUST GO and do it don't ask me?. Your just a huge piece of shit on all the forums you post. Your negativity is just top level. If you dont' have anything useful to say just don't post at all

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty024 View Post
    Ymirsson you saying that doesn't help him it only makes you stupid to even reply to him such a way you did. DUDE he just wants some answers and input from people.. Dude are you like this to your friends when they ask you about stuff you just say JUST GO and do it don't ask me?. Your just a huge piece of shit on all the forums you post. Your negativity is just top level. If you dont' have anything useful to say just don't post at all
    But i am trying to help, i'm just not holding hands and giving out cookies. If he wants specific information, maybe he should formulate specific questions. If you think that's negative, then i truly hope that you'll never have to leave elementary school.
    -Voltaire
    winning

YOu do this on every forum you post or reply too,.. Not only are you making trouble here saying why are you posting.. you did it on other forums as well... Like dude this is a place where people come to get there answers not a place where they find piece of shit people like you saying GO do it yourself. Did you come out of Noxxic forums or something. Chill the fuck out and if you don't have anything useful to say just don't post anything. EXAMPLE "Why not simply use the other trinket next raid and compare your own performance?" YEa thats all good and all to say but you put it in the douchest way possible.. YOu feel like your the man or something saying it a way you bring shame on other people.? seriously Elementary school? really your post gives no meaning at all just stop posting.

If you don't understand my posts, why do you have to comment? A wise man once said "Chill the fuck out and if you don't have anything useful to say just don't post anything."
    Even though i believe he was high at the time.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Deleted
    Can anyone tell me what's the best way to using one's Combo points for EP/EX and EP/AP? By that I mean when one should use Envenom. Is it generally better to keep up EP with 3+ CP envenoms or should you aim for higher Envenom CPs with the trade of having less EP uptime.

My current Stat distribution:
    49% crit
    5% Haste
    88% Mastery
    6% Vers
    (P.S Ursoc trinket available for Energy regen)

Quote Originally Posted by Kappaklaus View Post
    Can anyone tell me what's the best way to using one's Combo points for EP/EX and EP/AP? By that I mean when one should use Envenom. Is it generally better to keep up EP with 3+ CP envenoms or should you aim for higher Envenom CPs with the trade of having less EP uptime.

My current Stat distribution:
    49% crit
    5% Haste
    88% Mastery
    6% Vers
    (P.S Ursoc trinket available for Energy regen)

It can all be pretty dependent on what's going on in the fight..

If you have BotA procs you want to maintain 100% uptime on EP. I generally try to do the same with vendetta / exsang as well. If I have either of them going I try to prioritize having EP up.. what is your artifact weapon power?? Your crit chance is pretty high so with pooling energy to 70-80 or so it shouldn't be too difficult to keep EP up most of the time.

Deleted
    It can all be pretty dependent on what's going on in the fight..

If you have BotA procs you want to maintain 100% uptime on EP. I generally try to do the same with vendetta / exsang as well. If I have either of them going I try to prioritize having EP up.. what is your artifact weapon power?? Your crit chance is pretty high so with pooling energy to 70-80 or so it shouldn't be too difficult to keep EP up most of the time.
    I got Rank 27 Weapons with 4x Balanced Blades.