Deleted

SimC: AP/EP: Haste as good as Mastery?

hi there

Just simed my character 2 times, talents are the right ones EP/AP.

following stat weights: Agi 9.54 , Crit 7.65 , Vers 6.58 , Mastery 5.86 , Haste 5.59
    my gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...f/gixet/simple

So haste isnt that bad for me , or is that bugged?

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    hi there

Just simed my character 2 times, talents are the right ones EP/AP.

following stat weights: Agi 9.54 , Crit 7.65 , Vers 6.58 , Mastery 5.86 , Haste 5.59
    my gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...f/gixet/simple

So haste isnt that bad for me , or is that bugged?
    Haste simply can't be good for you. The only thing it affects in EP/AP is autoattack damage and EPS (and even then, 1% haste is 0.1 EPS, or 1 mutilate every 9 minutes or so).

Why would you say haste is good for you? It has the lowest DPS weight, the difference between haste and your best secondary stat crit is as great as between agi and crit.
    Haste seems really weak for you.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    yeah but i got the opinion haste is MUCCHHH more worse.
    870 high crit and secondary haste item is better then a 860 crit/mastery... didnt mind that

I was sure any item with haste sucks.

yeah but i got the opinion haste is MUCCHHH more worse.
    870 high crit and secondary haste item is better then a 860 crit/mastery... didnt mind that

I was sure any item with haste sucks.
    And thus is why you want to sim.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be OT, but I hope some of you guys will be able to help.
    My stats looks like this:
    Crit:27%
    Haste:14%
    Mastery:125%
    Versatility:3%.
    I was Outlaw before, but all my gear seems to be for assasination. I switched and now I am trying ti figure out which talents to use. Should I go with MP or EP?
    Any advice is good. Thanks in advance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...abmixer/simple

The advice is everywhere go EP. It doesn't take hijacking a thread to find.

You have 2% haste, that's why.
    It's totally normal and it will drop a lot as soon you'll go over like 10-15% considering your ilvl, if not before.
    Do plotting.
    Rogue SimC Maintainer since 6.2.
    As a Rogue, the best thread on MMO-C to talk about Legion SimC is this one, it will be a pleasure for me to discuss with you there.
    I'm also the maker of AethysRotation, an addon to help you doing an optimized rotation (especially for Rogues).
    Finally, you can retrieve a lot of Rogues simulations results on our Resources Website.

Deleted
    i knew that 9-10% softcap for outlaws but not for assas.
    so its "okay" to have some haste as buffer stat, lets say theres a huge ilvl (20 or more levels) upgrade with much haste, until 10-15% are reached.

i knew that 9-10% softcap for outlaws but not for assas.
    so its "okay" to have some haste as buffer stat, lets say theres a huge ilvl (20 or more levels) upgrade with much haste, until 10-15% are reached.
    If you have 10% haste on your character, you have very poorly itemized sets, and you probably aren't running enough mythic+ (as that is where most of your good crit/mastery gear will come from)

This is only really true for mut rogues. 10% haste on a sub or outlaw is fine.

Deleted
    thats not always true, if you have lets say 3 895 items with 800 mastery 300 haste and 3 865 items with 450 crit 450 mastery the 895 is better, especially because of the higher agi.

thats not always true, if you have lets say 3 895 items with 800 mastery 300 haste and 3 865 items with 450 crit 450 mastery the 895 is better, especially because of the higher agi.
    What I was saying was definitely not that equipping haste items could possibly lead to more dps. No matter the itemization, barring relics and possibly jewelry, anything that is a 30 ilvl upgrade with agility on it is going to be equipped.

What I was actually implying was that, if this were the case, you should be running content that will reward you with more itemization options at this new, improved ilvl, so that you can get item rewards that will be efficient with secondary stat budgeting.

The difference here is looking a method of play and direction towards gearing, vs equipping your current best gear.

Sorry for spamming out responses so quick and filling up the thread, but I didn't want to be misunderstood or spread misinformation.