Deleted

LUA - Get time left before spell is off cooldown

What is the simplest way to get the time left before spell is off cooldown ?

I'm trying to track Vampiric Blood (blood dk spell).

Can't really find the proper way to do it with GetSpellCooldown. Duration is not helping much.
    Code:
    local s, d, e = GetSpellCooldown("Vampiric Blood")

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    s+d-GetTime() will return the time left

start + duration is equal to expiration time, so just

e - GetTime()

it helps to think of these things as large numbers rather than temporally. Expiration time is a time in the future, so its a time number that is bigger than the current time number. Simply subtract the current time number from it and this equation will process towards 0 when the spell comes off cooldown.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    e isn't expiration time, but enable. returns 0 if the cooldown starts when the effect finished (i.e. Stealth) or 1 otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    e isn't expiration time, but enable. returns 0 if the cooldown starts when the effect finished (i.e. Stealth) or 1 otherwise
    Oh yeah derp I'm off the ball today. On a related note I was going to mention to the OP that you really should name your variables something that is more clear than just a single letter. The processing savings of a shorter variable name are negligible and when you start making more complex functions you might end up bamboozling yourself in a similar way to how I just did

If you just wanting to track the cooldown, Why are you not just using Cooldown Progress (Spell) that is built into WeakAura's?

15+ Year Old Account
    You are aware that there are other addons than WA right?
    +just becouse you want to know a cooldown of something doesn't mean you want to see it in your screen
    Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.
    iKeystones, iLFRDescription, iEncounterEventTracker