Thread: Bot ban wave

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    BG's are still 90% bots. banning a handful of people achieves nothing.

Deleted
    Yeah.. a lot of people hate botters. I guess it's rich coming from me saying that I dislike bots that ruin the economy, go into PVP and ruin the general feel and gameplay for everyone. I used my main account and only botted to level a bit as I don't have much free time for that. I will have more time in real life now, which is the plus side. I was raid leader for my mythic guild too.. kinda sucks saying goodbye to them and the characters that I had attachment to

They will just go back to their accounts they made after their last ban, no loss for them.

Deleted
    i feel like they should permban the people in Bgs, that shit has gone to far!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    and the flask price goes up! Without botters i could not afford flask and pots. They only have affected me in a good way, don't understand the hate really.
    If that is your only argument..... who actually gives a flying rats ass? There is always the chance of faming and making them by yourself, or.... most people with normal social skills are in a guild (i mean a real guild and not a "group put together for raiding") where people help each other out.

As far as i know, most people just want bots to disappear and don't care much about prices on the auctionhouse. There are only a few who really buy on a daily basis rather than farm that stuff. Most people don't have the gold to buy that stuff of the AH anyways. Some people suffer under the misconception that just because it was possible to make millions in WoD through garrisons everybody did or was able to, which simply isn't true for the vast majority of WoW-players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh, the memories of botting.
    I still remember back in the day when I used auction scanner on neutral AH. I think it was back in TBC.
    Anyway, I would bot up to lvl 50 or so then let my character sit at neutral AH, using both anti-afk and auction scanner. When I woke up the day after there would be a crapload of items in my inventory and a shitload of angry PM's/mails.
    But people started getting smarter. They would look me up and kill me with the opposite action player. I had to find another solution. And I did. In form of a little hack that let me float below the Surface but still able to target the Auctioneer. Imagine the frustration from other players. They knew I was there, but they could not do anything about it, and they knew they couldn't use neutral AH because they knew the items would be snatched within half a second.
    Sure I was getting banned but the accounts were dirty cheap back then. I didn't need the expansion, just the game which was about $20.

Granted I did get banned this banwave on my DK. I dodged the last one, but I can't complain. I made $300 with that account in a month and I was botting exclusively for fun. I would farm herbs, sell them, then sell gold for real money, then use real money for fun.
    When you actually bot only for gold selling and don't care about your account, 6 months ban = permanent ban. You don't really wait on 6 months. You just get a new one ASAP.

I just love how people that make excuses for botting always claim they keep buying things like flasks cheaper really? You think botters are
    Robinhoods? You think they aren't doing this only for themselves? Even if one buys in on the myth they keep consumables cheap, even though with all the gold they make they can easily keep the prices in the ah inflated, one thinks someone havjng an unfair monopoly is good? So the cheapest easiest to get consumables they keep "cheap" but things like mounts,pets, and even game tokens they raise the price of. When they get enough gold to buy a bunch of game tokens what do you think happens to the price of future tokens? It goes up.
    Has anyone attempted to buy near anything off the bmah? Guess what with all that gold they made they can outbid near anyone. Do you wonder why the spider mount is 2 million gold? Which only encourages more botting. They are doing it for themselves screwing over non-botters to believe anything else is a lie.
    Finally what else do they do when finally banned? Oh right ddos the game as one last fu to the rest of us.
    Yeah they hurt no one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Ahhh, the memories of botting.
    I still remember back in the day when I used auction scanner on neutral AH. I think it was back in TBC.
    Anyway, I would bot up to lvl 50 or so then let my character sit at neutral AH, using both anti-afk and auction scanner. When I woke up the day after there would be a crapload of items in my inventory and a shitload of angry PM's/mails.
    But people started getting smarter. They would look me up and kill me with the opposite action player. I had to find another solution. And I did. In form of a little hack that let me float below the Surface but still able to target the Auctioneer. Imagine the frustration from other players. They knew I was there, but they could not do anything about it, and they knew they couldn't use neutral AH because they knew the items would be snatched within half a second.
    Sure I was getting banned but the accounts were dirty cheap back then. I didn't need the expansion, just the game which was about $20.

Granted I did get banned this banwave on my DK. I dodged the last one, but I can't complain. I made $300 with that account in a month and I was botting exclusively for fun. I would farm herbs, sell them, then sell gold for real money, then use real money for fun.
    When you actually bot only for gold selling and don't care about your account, 6 months ban = permanent ban. You don't really wait on 6 months. You just get a new one ASAP.
    Do I need further proof of what botters are like?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    I did. Hoping for the best, but starting to be afraid that my account may have been compromised as I played from an Internet cafe in Latvia a few weeks ago, which might have been a bad call
    That's probably the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Do I need further proof of what botters are like?
    I got banned for using a bot to fish.
    Was for self-use and guild food only, never sold any on the AH.
    So what are botters like?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Yea its actually kind of crazy how people hate botting so much. Its the only think that makes the game bearable for everyone.
    Everyone? Ban the cheaters. All of them.

I report my guild mates if I see them cheating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    He's quotting me
    I can feel the love. But I'm no Trump. I'm worse. I'm like Hillary.

Deleted
    I also got banned... used fish bot because I wanted that black hat from nat pagle for a transmog

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I got caught as well
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Too bad for them it wasn't my main account
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well this thread certainly sheds some light on some posters around here. Well, more like one more check on a list of stuff.

Seems I got caught as well. Ah well haven't played in a month anyway and doubt I will in the future. Was mining.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-10 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Seems I got caught as well. Ah well haven't played in a month anyway and doubt I will in the future. Was mining.
    Weren't you just talking about wanting to play the upcoming patch in another thread? Ugh I don't understand botting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    And you benefitted from it who are you kidding? With all the fish you collected and food you were able to make you sold none? Even if you sold none you then needed to buy none nor did your guild and thus you took potential buyers away from those that fished legitimately. Thus giving you more gold to buy other things like say tokens,mounts,pets etc.. and made less gold for a legit fisher.
    What is so hard for cheaters like you to get here? Your actions have consequences and effect others. This is a MMO not a solo player game where cheating effects no one else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Weren't you just talking about wanting to play the upcoming patch in another thread? Ugh I don't understand botting at all.
    He also likes to be in judgement of others in others posts/threads but is a cheater. Seems irony is lost on some but glad karma caught up to him

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Was interested in it and considering it but meh. To be honest each time I come back I'm usually disappointed so no skin off my nose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    And you benefitted from it who are you kidding? With all the fish you collected and food you were able to make you sold none? Even if you sold none you then needed to buy none nor did your guild and thus you took potential buyers away from those that fished legitimately. Thus giving you more gold to buy other things like say tokens,mounts,pets etc.. and made less gold for a legit fisher.
    What is so hard for cheaters like you to get here? Your actions have consequences and effect others. This is a MMO not a solo player game where cheating effects no one else.

- - - Updated - - -

He also likes to be in judgement of others in others posts/threads but is a cheater. Seems irony is lost on some but glad karma caught up to him
    What karma lol? I hadn't played for a month anyway. I knew the risks that using it could get me banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I do not support Blizzard banning people simply for botting. Botters bring prosperity and mats to all servers. Would you rather pay for more expensive mats, or cheaper?
    This. Fucking price of some mats were a joke this expansion initially.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eluan View Post
    They have been able to detect it for years, developer doesn't care. They only make money on new customers anyway, so those that leave were not important anyway.
    Not true in a subscription based model.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This. Fucking price of some mats were a joke this expansion initially.
    Uhhh slow the hell down on that one. I agree with you on many things but being totally okay with bots because they lower the cost of mats for all the servers? Come on now.